• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Will children be raptured?

Will children be raptured

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Active
Children will be raptured, prove me wrong.

Matt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

When God's wrath came upon the earth at the time of the flood and with Sodom, we see that children died with all others. This death was graphic but swift. Extremely important to grasp that it was swift as God does not torture people when He annihilates them.

What happens after the rapture however is not God's wrath on earth. It is a window given to the devil to have his final day in the sun. There will be many left behind that will be tested. A child is not one that need pass or fail any test from God. God is not a mental case. He is good Psalm 136:1, He is righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17, He is light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

One can argue that if God loves children (He truly does), why would He allow them to die at the hands of so many wicked people? The answer is complex but it is ultimately traced back to free will. A greater good. God who hates what is wicked allows it to happen. As anything less then true free will for the creation we are, is wicked.

But the tribulation is a separate and special period. This is a period where the free will of all men and woman is tested by one act. There is no need to show your love for God by being kind and caring to children. There is no need for God to know your heart is wicked by how cruel you are to children.

The A-Z of your heart is known by your acceptance or rejection of the mark of the beast.

Rev 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

Loyal
I believe there's no place in the Bible that teaches a removal of people from earth by rapture.

Will children see Jesus Christ return in glory? Yes. Will children be given imperishabe resurrection bodies? Yes.

Active
I believe there's no place in the Bible that teaches a removal of people from earth by rapture.

Will children see Jesus Christ return in glory? Yes. Will children be given imperishabe resurrection bodies? Yes.
:) No problem.

Will children be sealed from suffering God's plagues?

Many who don't believe in a rapture event, believe all saints will be sealed / spared from God's wrath.

Loyal
his death was graphic but swift. Extremely important to grasp that it was swift as God does not torture people when He annihilates them.
have you ever drowned, it is torture,
Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

What happens after the rapture however is not God's wrath on earth.
Actually part of it is his wrath, you are correct that the devil has been let loose but that is not Gods wrath in tribulation like you say,,, however the plagues, the bowl judgements are the wrath of God

Revelation 19:15
From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

Revelation 15:1
Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and amazing, seven angels with seven plagues, which are the last, for with them the wrath of God is finished

Loyal
But the tribulation is a separate and special period. This is a period where the free will of all men and woman is tested by one act.
Actually it says God send people delusions so they could not know the truth even if they wanted to

2 Thessalonians 2:11
Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,

Active
have you ever drowned, it is torture,
Here’s a breakdown of the stages of drowning: How Long Does It Take to Drown? Facts, Safety, and Precautions
  1. For the first several seconds after water is inhaled, the drowning person is in a state of fight-or-flight as they struggle to breathe.
  2. As the airway begins to close to prevent more water from getting into the lungs, the person will start to hold their breath involuntarily. This takes place for up to 2 minutes, until they lose consciousness.
  3. The person becomes unconscious. During this stage, they can still be revived through resuscitation and have a chance at a good outcome. Breathing stops and the heart slows. This can last for several minutes.
  4. The body enters a state called hypoxic convulsion. This can look like a seizure. Without oxygen, the person’s body appears to turn blue and may jerk around erratically.
  5. The brain, heart, and lungs reach a state beyond where they can be revived. This final stage of drowning is called cerebral hypoxia, followed by clinical death.
Two minutes of torment. That is bad, don't misunderstand me. But, it is a swift destruction.

Just Google torture and you will find that two minutes of panic and several seconds of inhaling water is not considered torture.

Revelation 14:11

And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”
God does not torture because torture is wicked. God is good Psalm 136:1, righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17 and light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

So when, you cherry pick a verse as you have, please remember to read it in the context of who God is.

Their torment is darkness from evil John 3:19, weeping and gnashing of teeth from isolation Luke 13:28 and the fire, it is linked to sin. Sin continues, fire continues. The link to fire is their sin, not God's punishment / torture. Ironically, fire is a sign of God's ongoing love for the wicked. He allows them to continue with the free will to sin or not sin. But perhaps a discussion for another thread.

Active
Actually part of it is his wrath, you are correct that the devil has been let loose but that is not Gods wrath in tribulation like you say,,, however the plagues, the bowl judgements are the wrath of God
Yes, but please try and understand the purpose of the plagues / trumpets and bowl judgements. Just as with the plagues on Egypt, the purpose is to get people to repent. Wickedness / a desire to torture is not what is driving God.

Very important for a Christian to grasp that fact.

Active
Actually it says God send people delusions so they could not know the truth even if they wanted to

2 Thessalonians 2:11
Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
He does this as it is needed to test people. He wants people looking to power as a sign of a man being godly, to believe in the anti-christ. ''Buy into'' the anti-christ being the messiah.

Think of it. Here is a man, that many, even good people, will see do miracles and have power that would make many think he is the real deal. Yet...and a big, 'yet', he will be evil. Support and stand for what is evil. So, you have many who follow God for His ''power'' tested hard.

Loyal
:) No problem.

Will children be sealed from suffering God's plagues?

Many who don't believe in a rapture event, believe all saints will be sealed / spared from God's wrath.
If you read the account of the seven bowls of wrath in Revelation, you'll see that they mirror the 10 plagues on Egypt. The first is restricted to those who worshipped the beast, but the rest seem universal: If all the rivers and springs turn to blood, then everybody will suffer equally. The response from the people is the same as the response from Pharaoh too:

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Loyal
Yes, but please try and understand the purpose of the plagues / trumpets and bowl judgements. Just as with the plagues on Egypt, the purpose is to get people to repent
And yet God hardened Pharaohs heart during these plagues. ( 7 times )

Loyal
Everyone assumes all children/infants will be raptured, because "they are innocent" and haven't reached the age of accountability yet, but I'm not sure that's true.

1 Cor 7:14; For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

I take this to mean, at least one of the parents needs to be saved.

Active
If you read the account of the seven bowls of wrath in Revelation, you'll see that they mirror the 10 plagues on Egypt. The first is restricted to those who worshipped the beast, but the rest seem universal: If all the rivers and springs turn to blood, then everybody will suffer equally. The response from the people is the same as the response from Pharaoh too:

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.
I agree with you on the six plagues possibly affecting all. But the first plague, the sores on the people, will God put these on children? Will kids be able to get the mark of the beast and if so, be damned?

Rev 16:2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

We see in Rev 16:10 that when the plague of darkness comes, the suffering from these sores is compounded. Will kids gnaw their tongues in anguish?

Rev 16:10-11 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in anguish 11 and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores. They did not repent of their deeds.

Active
And yet God hardened Pharaohs heart during these plagues. ( 7 times )
For a learned scholar such as yourself I truly expect more from you. I am so saddened to see you cherry pick a line like this.

Please read this and if you want, just jump to the passage talking to hardening of hearts. I don't want to discuss this here, start another thread if you want that.

Active
Everyone assumes all children/infants will be raptured, because "they are innocent" and haven't reached the age of accountability yet, but I'm not sure that's true.

1 Cor 7:14; For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

I take this to mean, at least one of the parents needs to be saved.
There is truth to consider with regards to sanctification and kids in a Christian household being clean / unclean. But it is not anywhere close to a rebuttal of the OP.

For these reasons.

1. The context of sanctified can't equate to right standing before God. If you are the unbelieving spouse, you still need to make a decision to accept or reject Jesus. Nobody can make that for you.
2. If the parents you have determine whether or not you will gnaw your tongue in pain from a plague from God Rev 16:10-11, then you are teaching that God is partial, when Peter says He is not Acts 10:34.
3. We should all know that God treats all children the same. Jesus did not cherry pick children to come to Him. In the wilderness, God spared all under twenty.

Num 14:27 The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above.

Active

LOL Sir...What you believe is not even relevant to the truth...If God says it, your belief will not change it...The bible speaks of the bride being caught up previous to the Tribulation period....If you don't believe that, don't worry about it...It won't happen to you.

Active
LOL Sir...What you believe is not even relevant to the truth...If God says it, your belief will not change it...The bible speaks of the bride being caught up previous to the Tribulation period....If you don't believe that, don't worry about it...It won't happen to you.
I'm not looking to offend you sir...I am awful tired of people telling God His word is wrong just because they don't want to believe Him.

Loyal
I'm not looking to offend you sir...I am awful tired of people telling God His word is wrong just because they don't want to believe Him.
I'm certainly not saying the bible is wrong. Rather, most people have not read it carefully and have misunderstood it.