• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Staff Member
As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all. Hebrews 12:7-8 NLT

When you’re going through difficulties in this life (and everyone does), it can be tempting to believe that God is punishing you for some sin you’ve overlooked. Eventually, that line of thinking can lead you to wonder, Why me? What have I done?

Instead of allowing your mind to be dominated with “Why me?” when you’re going through hardship or suffering, try this: focus in on the biblical truth that God is your perfect and loving heavenly Father who wants you to learn more and more about Him and to live the way He wants you to live more and more each day.

Today’s scripture verse says that hardship is often God’s means to discipline and teach and correct you—not to punish you. His discipline shows you how much He loves you—not that He is angry with you.

Prayer: Lord God, thank You for the privilege of calling You “Father.” Thank You also that as my Father in heaven, You discipline me when I need it. While I may not enjoy when Your hand of discipline is on me, I know it’s further proof that You love me.