• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why is the Middle East not Christian?

So the middle east was were it all started for Christianity, right? Israel, Jerusalem, etc. My question is, why is that area primarily Muslim now? You'd think it would be primarily Christian. What is the explanation for this?

Hey Audrey.

I have wondered about that too.

You would naturally assume the Middle East would be the bedrock of Christianity.

Although my knowledge is limited, I am aware that Islam since the 6th century has almost eliminated all other religions in the Middle East.

Islam is a violent religion, and very oppressive. Islam invades a country, not gently but with the sword. A citizen (infidel) is given the option of accepting Islam or execution.

This process of transition is very rapid. All political and religious opposition is destroyed. So it may have only taken a few centuries to convert the entire M.E to Islam.

Islam is currently active in Asia.

I followed the conversion of Indonesia to Islam. Same violent process, Muslims destroyed hundreds of Christian Churches. Any opposition was eliminated. This has occurred over the last 40 years.

No doubt others will have more accurate information Audrey.

Because of the Arabian wars on countries like Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq.. etc. Back then most countries there were either Christian, Jews, or pagans that worship false and numerous gods, like Saudi Arabia, they had many gods, one was Allah, the god of the moon (that's why their symbol is a crescent moon)

When Mohammed said that an angel appeared to him, he was actually possessed by a demon, and he gathered a group of followers who basically like money and sex, and assembled a army to make war on unbelievers of Allah, the infidels, those were anyone who does not believe in Allah and mohammed, when he entered countries like Egypt (which was almost 100% Christian), he'd either convert them, kill them, or make them pay taxes if they wanted to live.

If it wasn't for this false religion, the Middle East would still be Christian until this day, there are many people living there that are STILL Christian, and I'm one of them... my ancestors paid taxes so that they keep their faith, and lives.

Hope I answered your question, I tried my best.

Hmmmm... so it seems killing people is the answer here. Interesting. Does this land have any special-ness in God's eyes? You hear about "holy lands". Is there a Christian "holy land" or is all the world pretty much equal?

Because the LORD willed it. Ishmael was born of the slave woman Hagar, and his bloodline was also to be a great nation, but not in the favorable way that Isaac's bloodline would be:

Genesis 16:7-12 (emphasis mine)

7 The angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. 8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?"

She said, "I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai." 9 The angel of the LORD said to her, "Return to your mistress and submit to her."

10 The angel of the LORD also said to her, "I will surely multiply your offspring so that they cannot be numbered for multitude." 11 And the angel of the LORD said to her,

"Behold, you are pregnant
and shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael,
because the LORD has listened to your affliction.
12 He shall be a wild donkey of a man,
his hand against everyone
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen."

Dear Audrey.

After Jesus Christ rose from the dead, geographical significance was obsolete. Read the following verses,

“Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet.Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
(John 4:19-24)

Dear FaithfulServant.

I have often wondered about your post.

It certainly would make sense would it not.

What did you learn/discover this week?

DELETED, sorry, I meant to start a new thread :)

Last edited: