• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Why is God going to send a strong delusion in the end times?

Administrator
Staff Member
The Bible makes it clear why God is sending a strong delusion in the end times: “ They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness” (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12). Simply put, God sends a strong delusion to those who choose not to believe the gospel of Christ. Those who take delight in mocking and rejecting Him, He will condemn.

It is a person’s choice whether to accept and believe the truth of Jesus Christ as presented in the Scriptures. To receive the truth and the love God offers is in keeping with its teachings, “This is love for God: to obey His commands” (1 John 5:3). Conversely, to know the truth and not obey it is to face the wrath of God: “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness” (Romans 1:18). Frankly speaking, there is no more dangerous condition for man than to know the truth and refuse to obey it. To do so is to harden the heart and make God’s condemnation sure.

When one knows the truth and refuses to obey it, he is subject to any lie, any deception, any untruth that humanity can conjure up. “For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools” (Romans 1:21-22). Paul goes on in the next few verses to describe the mindset and behaviors of those who disbelieve (see Romans 1:29-31). As a result of human foolishness and arrogant disdain of the things of God, “God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done” (Romans 1:28). And correspondingly, “Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things, but also approve of those who practice them” (Romans 1:32).

Isaiah puts it succinctly: “They have chosen their own ways, and their souls delight in their abominations; so I [God] also will choose harsh treatment for them and bring upon them what they dread. For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened. They did evil in My sight and chose what displeases Me” (Isaiah 66:3-4).

When people know the truth and refuse to receive it, when they refuse to obey it and hold it in unrighteousness, “they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:12 NLT).

“God is love” (1 John 4:16). He is not some cruel monster who deliberately and inwardly delights in preparing people for everlasting condemnation. But He earnestly and lovingly proclaims the gospel of Christ, “not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).

Throughout the Scriptures, God urges people to accept the truth. But when people reject Him and spurn His message, then—and not until then—God hardens them and turns them over to a deluded mind to wallow in their wickedness to their eternal damnation. This is what the Lord says about those who choose to reject the truth: “They greatly love to wander; they do not restrain their feet. So the Lord does not accept them; He will now remember their wickedness and punish them for their sins” (Jeremiah 14:10).

Loyal
Perhaps a better question here might be, What Truth should we love so as not to be sent a delusion. The Bible does make it clear through the words of Jesus, that Jesus is the Truth as per John 14:6...

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
So then if we love Jesus we will not be deluded. But does not loving a person or Jesus or God require more than simply speaking the words, I love you?

Must we know who Jesus is in order to love Him? What is it that we see of him now? Do not the following words of Apostle Paul apply to what we see?

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]1co 13:12[/TD][TD]For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Babies don't see little more than light but as they grow their vision improves. Again, how well must we Jesus in order to love him. God loves us, everyone of us, but do we love Him? Do we love truth or we love first our own blurred image of truth?

Most christians don't believe what salvation is - "be made whole spirit, soul and body" (I Thess 5:23). They resist the transfiguration of the body now, thus " God has sent them a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie".

Loyal
@Merlin -- "most Christians" ?! That's quite a broad statement. Does suggest that you are one of the 'few' who Do? What do You believe that salvation Is?

Your definition Of 'transfiguration', please.

@Merlin -- "most Christians" ?! That's quite a broad statement. Does suggest that you are one of the 'few' who Do? What do You believe that salvation Is?

Your definition Of 'transfiguration', please.
Transfiguration is what I already quoted.
Romans 8:13 confirms it - " For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live".

If you are content with death, you're in the "Wide Gate unto Death" (Matthew 7:13) - where most all humanity is, including those claiming to be christians.

Loyal
Merlin -- Everyone is going to die a physical death -- well -- unless a born again person is alive at the time of the rapture of the Church. Other wise we All die a physical death. The spiritual part of a person Does live on for eternity. Either in heaven or the lake of fire and brimstone.

Transfiguration = a change in form or appearance. The only usage of transfiguration in Scripture is referring to the transfiguration of Jesus while up in the mountain. His form was changed into the brightness of God for just a moment and then He came back down from the mountain top.

Maybe you're referring to the glorified body that born again believers will get after we're with Jesus Christ.

At the time of a person's salvation, the Holy Spirit comes to indwell them immediately. This does not change their outward appearance. Their Inner person -- they Do receive a spiritual nature.

What catagory do you put yourself in?

My belief, from observation, is this generations preachers that do not preach hell and damnation. I watch several online sermons and tv preachers in their Churches that leave this "truth" out. Allowing a generation to believe a "Good God" will not send anyone to hell. That is a lie and a strong delusion that people will be condemned for, but the answer in in their Bible.

Merlin -- Everyone is going to die a physical death -- well -- unless a born again person is alive at the time of the rapture of the Church. Other wise we All die a physical death. The spiritual part of a person Does live on for eternity. Either in heaven or the lake of fire and brimstone.

Transfiguration = a change in form or appearance. The only usage of transfiguration in Scripture is referring to the transfiguration of Jesus while up in the mountain. His form was changed into the brightness of God for just a moment and then He came back down from the mountain top.

Maybe you're referring to the glorified body that born again believers will get after we're with Jesus Christ.

At the time of a person's salvation, the Holy Spirit comes to indwell them immediately. This does not change their outward appearance. Their Inner person -- they Do receive a spiritual nature.

What catagory do you put yourself in?
So far, all I'm noticing is your lack of response to I Thessalonians 5:23 and Romans 8:13.

Loyal
1 Thessalonians 5:23 "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Going back to post #3 -- you're misapplying that passage.

Romans 8:13 "For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. " read the rest of the context.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Going back to post #3 -- you're misapplying that passage.

Romans 8:13 "For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. " read the rest of the context.
You did a fine job quoting them.
But your not explaining why they don't matter.
This is where the 'Strong Delusion' comes in.

Here is another one for you -
John 6:
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

These three are not preached on in Babylon, much less elaborated upon.
Yet, they are as much as the WORD OF GOD as any other scripture.
Feel free to explain why these 3 scriptures DO NOT MATTER, and that 'Everyone is going to die a physical death', as you said (which is unscriptural).

Be careful before you quote Hebrews 9:27, you'll have to read the next verse.

I'm not here to discuss your opinion, I only 'reason from scripture'

Loyal
Merlin -- surely you've noticed cemetaries .. full of grave markers with people buried in caskets under them. Your comments about dying sound a bit foolish. surely you've been to funerals -- children/ adults / pastors /spouces -- everyone dies. Believers and non-believers. Our human physical bodies die.

We might want to remember that we're talking about God's Word -- we shouldn't be trying to find Scripture to defend our personal opinions, but adjust our beliefs according To Scripture.

All of God's Word Matters or He would not have given it to us. But we are Also to 'rightly divide' the Word of God.

Merlin -- surely you've noticed cemetaries .. full of grave markers with people buried in caskets under them. Your comments about dying sound a bit foolish. surely you've been to funerals -- children/ adults / pastors /spouces -- everyone dies. Believers and non-believers. Our human physical bodies die.

We might want to remember that we're talking about God's Word -- we shouldn't be trying to find Scripture to defend our personal opinions, but adjust our beliefs according To Scripture.

All of God's Word Matters or He would not have given it to us. But we are Also to 'rightly divide' the Word of God.
See the Holy Spirit was perfectly accurate -
" They perish (die physically) because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness” (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).

Now you have disregarded I Thess 5:23, Romans 8:13 and John 6:49-51, and I've just started.

Truly, Isaiah 19:14 is alive and well "The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

Last edited:
Loyal
@Merlin -- well -- you've already been fairly Rude on that other thread. And now you're going for Another thread of conversation.

No need for you to continue, either.

Not sure what you're trying to prove -- maybe starting your own cult?!

@Merlin -- well -- you've already been fairly Rude on that other thread. And now you're going for Another thread of conversation.

No need for you to continue, either.

Not sure what you're trying to prove -- maybe starting your own cult?!
You certainly like to avoid and dance around dealing with the Word of God -
How long have you been in the Cult of Unbelief?

Loyal
As a born again believer, I've already found the narrow gate to life. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit is indwelling me - my soul is safe until I'm with Jesus Christ for ever.

As a born again believer, I've already found the narrow gate to life. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit is indwelling me - my soul is safe until I'm with Jesus Christ for ever.
How can you be in the Narrow Gate to Life, if you believe everyone dies physically?

Hello Merlin,
With few exceptions, our corruptible bodies must put on incorruption. A Born again believers body(corruptible) dies and receives a new body(incorruptible); immortal.

1 Corinthians 15:53 - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:42:-44 - 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The Key here, is you must be chosen or born from above to receive the Holy Spirit. This puts you on the narrow path.

John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 1:4 - just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Luke 13:24 - 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

What is the narrow gate? Jesus references sheep herding. If you watch sheep leave a field, they enter a narrow gate into another field, like an hour glass. This allows the herder to inspect an greet each sheep individually.

John 10:27 - 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

2 Thessalonians 2:11

Therefore God will send them a strong delusion, that they should believe the lie: "STRONG DELUSION" .... hold that thought.

Rev 14, that Satan first read some 2000 years ago, reveals that those who worship BEAST/image and take "mark" will be damned forever. So since then, a/the top goal of Satan has been to put people in a frame of mind to worship BEAST/image and take "mark. Lucky us, we have managed to be on earth in the time frame/era the BEAST will rule. A major sign of this is that only in past 4-5 decades has the technology to make the "mark" and "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT" perfectly feasible come into being.

The strongest of the "STRONG DELUSION" will center on the BEAST that Satan wants all to worship. The Revelation reveals the world will be AMAZED to behold the BEAST. The world will be amazed to behold the BEAST because for over 50 years the world has been told by Satan’s media masters that the BEAST is dead and gone. Also the world saw video of the BEAST receiving a terrible fatal appearing head wound. Also the world has been convinced the BEAST is "Mr Wonderful" .... a heroic character that can really do no wrong. \

To avoid being deceived,

prayerfully study Revelation to learn how to identify the BEAST.
“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it, for the time is near” Revelation 1:3
Revelation 13 -> 20:4 reveals soul saving blessing conveying information about OUR end time found nowhere else.