• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

why has he left???

Why does it feel that god has left me? I try to talk to him and hes not there.. What do i do?

Last edited:
Active
God is near to them of a broken spirit, and a broken and contrite (crushed) heart; if this be the case, then He is near.
If it the case of having little or no faith, then we must needs hear the Word of God, seeing that that is only from where faith comes.
If it be the case of ours sins, then we must repent, which is when we can draw near to God, and He will draw near to us.

Part of James 4:8 says "Draw nigh (near) to God and He will draw nigh (near) to you." It doesn't say...He might draw near...it says He will!

So, denise, keep drawing near to God.

Also, God has promised that He will not leave nor forsake us. You must trust Him in that.

I once felt the same way you did. For a while I didn't feel his presence,
and I kept walking away from His path. But one day, I woke
from a dream, and He was in it, giving me a tight hug.
I started to cry, realizing He was always there.
You see, I stopped praying and reading my Bible and that's when
I started feeling lonely. Have you prayed to Him recently, just you and Him alone?

Active

RJ

The feeling that God has left you is not of God.
As a "Born-Again" Christian God promises to never leave FOR ANY reason!
The question you have to ask, was He there in the first place? Do you recall the time he first came in to your heart? Are you truly born again? Would you be willing to witness to that?
If we are truly Christian, it doesn't mean that WE can't drift away from His presence. Any combination of us drifting away from fellowship with others, praying or staying consistantly in His word can corrode our daily awareness of His presence.

Be sure to get these priorities straight in your life and the feeling of His absence will deminish!

Love

Love more and more since talking to God is not enough.
If God is love, so only lovers can see him, Love everything and everyone through the Christ, Only love will make you recognize your cross, and then you will recognize his love and his Son.