• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

WHY DID THE JEWS MISS THE FIRST COMING OF MESSIAH

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Most Jews missed the First Coming of Messiah and many Christians will miss the Second Coming of Messiah for the same reason

Many are called but few are chosen

No condemnation found here; just the facts as the Lord has told me.

Why did only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah when He came the first time?

The answer to this question will keep you from being deceived and could quite literately save your eternal life, really.

The Lord asked me to ask Him why the Jews missed their Messiah.

I asked the Lord why only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah. The vast majority didn’t know who Jesus was even when He told them. Let’s now learn the truth about why some had eyes to see while most were blind.

One awesome night Holy Spirit gave me the answer to our question in a dream and then confirmed what He told me in the Bible. He spoke to me in the dream and He said, “Read all of Luke chapter seven.” It is here that we find the answer as to exactly why most Jews didn’t recognize their Messiah when He came. When I had finished reading Luke seven I knew the real reason the Jews missed their Messiah. But what put me into a state of shock for a few days was when I had finished reading Luke chapter seven the Lord spoke to me again and told me that for the very same reason His people missed the Messiah, many in the last days church will also miss Jesus when He comes at the Rapture.

The answer to this question was far more important than I could ever have imagined. The Lord revealed to me that the answer to this question is so important it will keep us, our loved ones, our friends and neighbours from literately missing the Second Coming of Jesus at the rapture.

The enormous answer!

This is the answer to why the Jews missed their Messiah and why many Christians will miss the Second Coming of Jesus at the rapture.

While John the Baptizer was in prison he sent two of his followers to Jesus to ask him if he is the One who was coming or should we wait for someone else?
Holy Spirit showed me that John was under tremendous spiritual warfare at the time that he asked this question. Just so that you know what was really going on and the state that John was in at the time of this recorded event.

Jesus responds to John’s disciples

LUKE 7:22, 24 to 29
V22 Then Jesus said to John‘ s followers, “Go and tell John the things that you saw and heard here. The blind can see. The crippled can walk. People with harmful skin disease are healed. The deaf can hear, and the dead are given life. And the Good News is told to the poor.
V24 When John’s followers left, Jesus began to tell the people about John: “What did go out into the desert to see?
A reed blown by the wind?
V25 “What did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No. People who have fine clothes live in kings palaces.
V26 “What did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes and I tell you, John is more than a prophet.
V27 This was written about John: I will send my messenger ahead of you. He will prepare the way for you.
V28 I tell you John is greater than any other man ever born. But even the least important man in the kingdom of God is greater than him.
V29 (When the people heard this, they all agreed that God’s teaching was good. Even the tax collectors agreed. These were people who were already baptized by John.) (The Everyday Bible by the Billy Graham association).

Key verse

The answer to our question is revealed in the last half of verse twenty-nine.

V29b“ These are people who were already baptized by John”

John wouldn’t baptize anyone who did not repent therefore…

The people who had eyes to see and ears to hear were prepared by John to receive or to recognize Jesus when He came. All those who were ready for Jesus to come the first time were ready as a result of obeying John’s cry for repentance. John’s mission in life was to prepare the way of the Lord. To make His path strait so that the road that leads to the Messiah would be abundantly clear. To remove any hindrances that would stop the people from finding the path that leads strait to Jesus.

Mark 1:4
V4 “John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.” (NKJV)

Now let’s read Luke 7:30 for it is here that we find confirmation that all those who answered John’s call to repent had their spiritual eyes opened and as a result would be able to recognize Jesus as the Messiah when He came.

Luke 7:30
V30 “ But the Pharisees and the lawyers [ of the Mosaic Law] annulled and rejected and brought to nothing God’s purpose concerning themselves, by [ refusing and] not being baptized by [ John ]. (The Amplified New Testament, 1964 version)
The Pharisees and the teachers of the law were the leaders of Israel. So when they refused to accept God’s plan for them they remained spiritually blind. They were as our Lord described them…

Matthew 23:15
V15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves. (New Revised Standard Version)

Let’s do this one more time, why did only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah when He came the first time?

Matthew 21:28-32Living Bible (TLB)
28 “But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, ‘Son, go out and work on the farm today.’ 29 ‘I won’t,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. 30 Then the father told the youngest, ‘You go!’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t. 31 Which of the two was obeying his father?”
They replied, “The first, of course.”

Then Jesus explained his meaning: “Surely evil men and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom before you do. 32 For John the Baptist told you to repent and turn to God, and you wouldn’t, while very evil men and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to repent, and so you couldn’t believe.

Can you see the problem? They were the leaders of Israel who rejected God’s plan of reconciliation and they taught the sheep all that they knew. The sad truth is that the leaders of Israel were not nearly as close to the Living God as most had thought. What’s even worse, not much has changed in two thousand years. Shock, surprise, many of our leaders in the church don‘ t hear from God either. The people who did not receive or recognize Jesus when He came were the ones who would not accept God’s plan for themselves so that their spiritual eyes would be opened. They would not repent and be baptized; therefore they couldn’t see or understand that what John was telling them was the truth. Do you know what Jesus’ most repeated statement is in the book of Revelation?

The most repeated statement by Jesus in the book of Revelation

“He that has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches”

From the live account we find written in Luke seven about John baptizing people in the River Jordan. I can imagine the Father instructing John…

“You call the people to repentance. You will know who has truly repented because I will show you. When you see someone who has sincerely turned form their sins then I want you to baptize them in the river Jordan. This speaks of their death to sin and when they come up from underneath the water this speaks of the new life that they will have in My Son that I will give to them. John, you do your part and I will do My part. You call them to repent and baptize all who will believe and obey and when they come up from underneath the water I will open their spiritual eyes so they will recognize My Son when He comes.”

John the Baptist was our example. God used John as a model of how we should act as ministers of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. What we should be doing is hooking the sheep up to God the Holy Spirit. Instead we fill the sheep with new and innovative teachings and enough programs to keep them busy until kingdom come. We have failed to make them dependent on the Holy Spirit, but rather we made the sheep dependent upon our teachings, our new revelations, our programs and ultimately on us.

We need to ponder deeply John’s truth that we must decrease and God must increase? This is why when we hear of ministries falling, the sheep also fall away. We must teach them to hear from God so their house will be firmly planted upon the rock. That rock is having fellowship with the living God, knowing Him, not knowing about Him, not having fellowship with teaching cds at $59.95 for a 6 pack. We have exchanged the Living God for knowing about God. Let’s get busy teaching God’s people to hear the voice of their Father so that they can get to know Him. Let’s get this job done so the sheep can hear what the Father wants them to do in these critical last moments of time. We need to point them to Jesus and away from us.

John 12:32

V32 “When I am lifted up lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to me”

Apostate Israel was blind to Christ’s first coming and apostate Christians will be blind to Christ’s Second Coming.

The Jews had very strong beliefs concerning the first coming of the Messiah and yet their beliefs varied from synagogue to synagogue. It’s very much the same in our churches today concerning the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. We gravitate to that one church whose beliefs are closest to our own after all (it’s only right that we attend a church that follows the true teachings of God.) The ones who you would have thought would be the most qualified to understand the prophecies about The First Coming of Messiah didn’t under- stand. They were the leaders of Israel who didn’t recognize their day of visitation and they taught their people everything that they knew. The Lord has told us to warn you that it is going to happen all over again. A lot of our leaders are also not as close to God as we may have thought. Their actions and wrong theology give them away. It is written…

Titus 1:16
V16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed. (NASB)

Matthew 24:24
V24 “For false Christ’s and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”

It’s time to get close to God like never before. God is about to make a right hand turn in the road ahead and only those who can hear His voice will follow, the rest will just keep driving straight ahead believing that they are following Jesus. Now that we know what’s really going on and we know what not to do. Let’s focus on what God really wants from us so that we can come into agreement with Him. The Father wants intimacy with His children more than anything else. That’s what the last move of God is all about.

The people who had eyes to see and ears to hear were prepared by John to receive or to recognize Jesus when He came. All those who were ready for Jesus to come the first time were ready as a result of obeying John’s cry for repentance. John’s mission in life was to prepare the way of the Lord. To make His path strait so that the road that leads to the Messiah would be abundantly clear. To remove any hindrances that would stop the people from finding the path that leads to Jesus.

Not much has changed in 2,000 years. The same call to repent is still going out to this last generation. Do you want to have eyes to see and ears to hear? Then do what John asked 2,000 years ago.

Truly repent with all your heart and you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

There has been a lot of false teaching about what repentance is. Some say if you will quite doing this and that then you are truly repenting. But I say most cannot just stop doing this and that if you paid them a million dollars. No my friend true repentance is first being sorry for your sins and then just being willing to leave your sins and God will provide a way out. If we could be saved by ourselves we wouldn’t need a Savior. If there is a sin in your life that you can walk away from then do it but if you can’t then trust Jesus to take away your sins and he will do it for you.

When we realize our inability to free ourselves, we change our minds about trying to set ourselves free and we trust Jesus Christ. And that is exactly what God wants us to do.

Remember; it’s not in the trying but it’s in the trusting.
It’s not in the running it’s in the resting.

Trust Jesus to take away your sins.

I really love you guys with the love of Christ in me and I don't want any harm to come to any of you so I am compelled to tell you the truth with out sugar on top.

The announcement of the Second Coming of Christ is now going out world-wide and most of you have said that you do not believe it. Neither can you see or understand even when the truth is told to you. Not only did the Jews miss their Messiah they also rejected John the Baptist's announcement of the coming of Messiah. Not much has changed in 2000 years history is repeating it's self.

Don't be one of those who will miss this one time Great Last Days Event!
Just be willing to consider that this 11:11 might be the truth then take it to prayer.

Lonely Ranger

Loyal
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Active
Yes, who has warned you vipers of the wrath to come, therefore bring forth gifts worthy of repentance CRYING OUT Abba Father. Amen

True repentance comes from the heart.

Many honor Him with their lips but their heart is far from Him.

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen

Loyal

Most Jews missed the First Coming of Messiah and many Christians will miss the Second Coming of Messiah for the same reason

Many are called but few are chosen

No condemnation found here; just the facts as the Lord has told me.

Why did only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah when He came the first time?

The answer to this question will keep you from being deceived and could quite literately save your eternal life, really.

The Lord asked me to ask Him why the Jews missed their Messiah.

I asked the Lord why only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah. The vast majority didn’t know who Jesus was even when He told them. Let’s now learn the truth about why some had eyes to see while most were blind.

One awesome night Holy Spirit gave me the answer to our question in a dream and then confirmed what He told me in the Bible. He spoke to me in the dream and He said, “Read all of Luke chapter seven.” It is here that we find the answer as to exactly why most Jews didn’t recognize their Messiah when He came. When I had finished reading Luke seven I knew the real reason the Jews missed their Messiah. But what put me into a state of shock for a few days was when I had finished reading Luke chapter seven the Lord spoke to me again and told me that for the very same reason His people missed the Messiah, many in the last days church will also miss Jesus when He comes at the Rapture.

The answer to this question was far more important than I could ever have imagined. The Lord revealed to me that the answer to this question is so important it will keep us, our loved ones, our friends and neighbours from literately missing the Second Coming of Jesus at the rapture.

The enormous answer!

This is the answer to why the Jews missed their Messiah and why many Christians will miss the Second Coming of Jesus at the rapture.

While John the Baptizer was in prison he sent two of his followers to Jesus to ask him if he is the One who was coming or should we wait for someone else?
Holy Spirit showed me that John was under tremendous spiritual warfare at the time that he asked this question. Just so that you know what was really going on and the state that John was in at the time of this recorded event.

Jesus responds to John’s disciples

LUKE 7:22, 24 to 29
V22 Then Jesus said to John‘ s followers, “Go and tell John the things that you saw and heard here. The blind can see. The crippled can walk. People with harmful skin disease are healed. The deaf can hear, and the dead are given life. And the Good News is told to the poor.
V24 When John’s followers left, Jesus began to tell the people about John: “What did go out into the desert to see?
A reed blown by the wind?
V25 “What did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No. People who have fine clothes live in kings palaces.
V26 “What did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes and I tell you, John is more than a prophet.
V27 This was written about John: I will send my messenger ahead of you. He will prepare the way for you.
V28 I tell you John is greater than any other man ever born. But even the least important man in the kingdom of God is greater than him.
V29 (When the people heard this, they all agreed that God’s teaching was good. Even the tax collectors agreed. These were people who were already baptized by John.) (The Everyday Bible by the Billy Graham association).

Key verse

The answer to our question is revealed in the last half of verse twenty-nine.

V29b“ These are people who were already baptized by John”

John wouldn’t baptize anyone who did not repent therefore…

The people who had eyes to see and ears to hear were prepared by John to receive or to recognize Jesus when He came. All those who were ready for Jesus to come the first time were ready as a result of obeying John’s cry for repentance. John’s mission in life was to prepare the way of the Lord. To make His path strait so that the road that leads to the Messiah would be abundantly clear. To remove any hindrances that would stop the people from finding the path that leads strait to Jesus.

Mark 1:4
V4 “John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.” (NKJV)

Now let’s read Luke 7:30 for it is here that we find confirmation that all those who answered John’s call to repent had their spiritual eyes opened and as a result would be able to recognize Jesus as the Messiah when He came.

Luke 7:30
V30 “ But the Pharisees and the lawyers [ of the Mosaic Law] annulled and rejected and brought to nothing God’s purpose concerning themselves, by [ refusing and] not being baptized by [ John ]. (The Amplified New Testament, 1964 version)
The Pharisees and the teachers of the law were the leaders of Israel. So when they refused to accept God’s plan for them they remained spiritually blind. They were as our Lord described them…

Matthew 23:15
V15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves. (New Revised Standard Version)

Let’s do this one more time, why did only a remnant recognized that Jesus was the Messiah when He came the first time?

Matthew 21:28-32Living Bible (TLB)
28 “But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, ‘Son, go out and work on the farm today.’ 29 ‘I won’t,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. 30 Then the father told the youngest, ‘You go!’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t. 31 Which of the two was obeying his father?”
They replied, “The first, of course.”

Then Jesus explained his meaning: “Surely evil men and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom before you do. 32 For John the Baptist told you to repent and turn to God, and you wouldn’t, while very evil men and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to repent, and so you couldn’t believe.

Can you see the problem? They were the leaders of Israel who rejected God’s plan of reconciliation and they taught the sheep all that they knew. The sad truth is that the leaders of Israel were not nearly as close to the Living God as most had thought. What’s even worse, not much has changed in two thousand years. Shock, surprise, many of our leaders in the church don‘ t hear from God either. The people who did not receive or recognize Jesus when He came were the ones who would not accept God’s plan for themselves so that their spiritual eyes would be opened. They would not repent and be baptized; therefore they couldn’t see or understand that what John was telling them was the truth. Do you know what Jesus’ most repeated statement is in the book of Revelation?

The most repeated statement by Jesus in the book of Revelation

“He that has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches”

From the live account we find written in Luke seven about John baptizing people in the River Jordan. I can imagine the Father instructing John…

“You call the people to repentance. You will know who has truly repented because I will show you. When you see someone who has sincerely turned form their sins then I want you to baptize them in the river Jordan. This speaks of their death to sin and when they come up from underneath the water this speaks of the new life that they will have in My Son that I will give to them. John, you do your part and I will do My part. You call them to repent and baptize all who will believe and obey and when they come up from underneath the water I will open their spiritual eyes so they will recognize My Son when He comes.”

John the Baptist was our example. God used John as a model of how we should act as ministers of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. What we should be doing is hooking the sheep up to God the Holy Spirit. Instead we fill the sheep with new and innovative teachings and enough programs to keep them busy until kingdom come. We have failed to make them dependent on the Holy Spirit, but rather we made the sheep dependent upon our teachings, our new revelations, our programs and ultimately on us.

We need to ponder deeply John’s truth that we must decrease and God must increase? This is why when we hear of ministries falling, the sheep also fall away. We must teach them to hear from God so their house will be firmly planted upon the rock. That rock is having fellowship with the living God, knowing Him, not knowing about Him, not having fellowship with teaching cds at $59.95 for a 6 pack. We have exchanged the Living God for knowing about God. Let’s get busy teaching God’s people to hear the voice of their Father so that they can get to know Him. Let’s get this job done so the sheep can hear what the Father wants them to do in these critical last moments of time. We need to point them to Jesus and away from us.

John 12:32

V32 “When I am lifted up lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to me”

Apostate Israel was blind to Christ’s first coming and apostate Christians will be blind to Christ’s Second Coming.

The Jews had very strong beliefs concerning the first coming of the Messiah and yet their beliefs varied from synagogue to synagogue. It’s very much the same in our churches today concerning the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. We gravitate to that one church whose beliefs are closest to our own after all (it’s only right that we attend a church that follows the true teachings of God.) The ones who you would have thought would be the most qualified to understand the prophecies about The First Coming of Messiah didn’t under- stand. They were the leaders of Israel who didn’t recognize their day of visitation and they taught their people everything that they knew. The Lord has told us to warn you that it is going to happen all over again. A lot of our leaders are also not as close to God as we may have thought. Their actions and wrong theology give them away. It is written…

Titus 1:16
V16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed. (NASB)

Matthew 24:24
V24 “For false Christ’s and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”

It’s time to get close to God like never before. God is about to make a right hand turn in the road ahead and only those who can hear His voice will follow, the rest will just keep driving straight ahead believing that they are following Jesus. Now that we know what’s really going on and we know what not to do. Let’s focus on what God really wants from us so that we can come into agreement with Him. The Father wants intimacy with His children more than anything else. That’s what the last move of God is all about.

The people who had eyes to see and ears to hear were prepared by John to receive or to recognize Jesus when He came. All those who were ready for Jesus to come the first time were ready as a result of obeying John’s cry for repentance. John’s mission in life was to prepare the way of the Lord. To make His path strait so that the road that leads to the Messiah would be abundantly clear. To remove any hindrances that would stop the people from finding the path that leads to Jesus.

Not much has changed in 2,000 years. The same call to repent is still going out to this last generation. Do you want to have eyes to see and ears to hear? Then do what John asked 2,000 years ago.

Truly repent with all your heart and you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

There has been a lot of false teaching about what repentance is. Some say if you will quite doing this and that then you are truly repenting. But I say most cannot just stop doing this and that if you paid them a million dollars. No my friend true repentance is first being sorry for your sins and then just being willing to leave your sins and God will provide a way out. If we could be saved by ourselves we wouldn’t need a Savior. If there is a sin in your life that you can walk away from then do it but if you can’t then trust Jesus to take away your sins and he will do it for you.

When we realize our inability to free ourselves, we change our minds about trying to set ourselves free and we trust Jesus Christ. And that is exactly what God wants us to do.

Remember; it’s not in the trying but it’s in the trusting.
It’s not in the running it’s in the resting.

Trust Jesus to take away your sins.

I really love you guys with the love of Christ in me and I don't want any harm to come to any of you so I am compelled to tell you the truth with out sugar on top.

The announcement of the Second Coming of Christ is now going out world-wide and most of you have said that you do not believe it. Neither can you see or understand even when the truth is told to you. Not only did the Jews miss their Messiah they also rejected John the Baptist's announcement of the coming of Messiah. Not much has changed in 2000 years history is repeating it's self.

Don't be one of those who will miss this one time Great Last Days Event!
Just be willing to consider that this 11:11 might be the truth then take it to prayer.

Lonely Ranger
Wow...Wordy and convoluted but not bad...I'll chalk that up to excitement.... At the rapture the ones caught up will be the ones looking for His appearing...The bride that has made herself ready...Not the ones who are waiting for Him to make them ready....The ones that miss it will have to wait till He returns...
Make yourselves ready...Repent of that which is contrary to the Word and get right, and that time is so close there is no time to waste....Its within the last minute of the age of grace.