• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Why did Jesus come?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
It's actually quite a few reasons... here are a few specific ones.

Matt 5:17; [COLOR=red]"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.[/COLOR]

Matt 10:34; [COLOR=red]"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.[/COLOR]
Matt 10:35; [COLOR=red]"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;[/COLOR]

Luke 12:51; [COLOR=red]"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division;[/COLOR]

John 9:39; And Jesus said, [COLOR=red]"For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind."[/COLOR]

John 10:10; [COLOR=red]"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.[/COLOR]

John 12:27; [COLOR=red]"Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.[/COLOR]

John 18:37; Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, [COLOR=red]"You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."[/COLOR]

1 Jn 3:8; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

There are more... but I am out of time tonight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Bible Discussions 0
Tristan W Bible Discussions 5
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 1