• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Why did god created adam alone?

Active
Isn't God all-knowing? Why would he have Adam to mate with animals?
Adam was created uneducated, i.e. he wasn't brought into existence all-knowing.
So, before introducing him to a woman; Adam needed to be taught by personal
experience that animals, though good company at times, are not the best company
for all times.

Gen 2:23 . . Adam said: This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh

In other words; the woman was someone that Adam could relate to because she
was the same species of life as himself, whereas all the rest of the creatures on
Earth were not.

Here's a cute story I heard some time ago. I don't know if it's true; but I guess it
could be.

An old spinster lady was asked why she never married. She replied: I have a stove
that smokes, a bird that cusses, and a dog that barks and lies around all day. What
do I need a man for?

(chuckle) Well; I guess she had a point. However, most of us are not cut out for a
hermit's existence. We want someone around that we can talk to and express our
feelings about things.
_

Adam was created uneducated, i.e. he wasn't brought into existence all-knowing.
So, before introducing him to a woman; Adam needed to be taught by personal
experience that animals, though good company at times, are not the best company
for all times.

Gen 2:23 . . Adam said: This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh

In other words; the woman was someone that Adam could relate to because she
was the same species of life as himself, whereas all the rest of the creatures on
Earth were not.

Here's a cute story I heard some time ago. I don't know if it's true; but I guess it
could be.

An old spinster lady was asked why she never married. She replied: I have a stove
that smokes, a bird that cusses, and a dog that barks and lies around all day. What
do I need a man for?

(chuckle) Well; I guess she had a point. However, most of us are not cut out for a
hermit's existence. We want someone around that we can talk to and express our
feelings about things.
_
So your saying God is not all knowing?

Adam was a super intelligent creation. He named all the animals

Genesis 2 :19-20 -19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Not only this but since Adam was part of creation, he was in tune with creation. How else did he fall and take all creation with him.

Romans 8:22 - 23- For we know that even the things of nature, like animals and plants, suffer in sickness and death as they await this great event. And even we Christians, although we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, also groan to be released from pain and suffering. We, too, wait anxiously for that day when God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us—bodies that will never be sick again and will never die.

Active
Probably because if Adam had a buddy,he might not have looked to the Lord,he would have looked to identify with a person who looked himself.Remember Adam and Eve never saw God,they heard him, they never saw him! ( Gen 3:8)

Active
What does the word 'alone' mean..Lonely? Or does it mean 'a single being'? Adam was both male and female at that point...so NO he would not have mated with animals..Silly question. He would have probably reproduced assexually or possibly not even reproduced at all. At that time he was not in time but in eternity. He did not age in the garden. So...What does the word 'alone' mean?

Loyal
Scripture doesnt say Adam mated with animals, just that he named them and was probably a friend to them. As to why He didnt create Adam and Eve at the outset, I could only guess, but I trust God's decision in the matter.

A possible storyline, we were made (man) in God's image who doesnt procreate by sexual intercourse. So we had no need for it initially, perhaps Adam saw the animals involved with the two becoming one, if only temporary, showed interest, and God decided to allow us this pleasure by creating women. But this is merely speculation on my behalf. I dont know the mind of God, other than what He shares in scripture or through the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
Why did God create man alone? Maybe to show that man Can be complete as a lone person?

A good question -- does 'alone' mean 'lonely'.? Adam was never 'alone' because God was in the garden of eden, Also. Signifying that no one is ever , really, alone. God is a spirit so He can't be seen, but He's always 'here'. Which is something I need to remember, too.

vs 26 and 27 -- God decides to create man in Our image. And to have dominion over the world of all the animals. God's being omniscient -- knew that mankind would come up with theory of evolution to try explaining how people came into this world. We Are separate from the animal kingdom. but vs 27 first time I noticed that 'man' was created and that 'man' was created as male and female. He created them" It Sounds like both male and female were in Adam. But is the word 'man' being used to mean 'mankind' -- so that 'mankind' was created as male and female as to be able to mate and have children right away.

vs 18 of chapter 2 -- "and the Lord God said It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

It was after the Lord God had Adam name all the animals to see what he would call them - but nothing was found that compatable with him.

Adam was put to sleep and one of his ribs taken out-- God formed woman out of man. Thus / wo-man. vs 23 of chapter 2 "she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man."

So -- I guess a person Could say that originally both sexes Were in Adam. Never thought of it that way. So when man and woman come 'together' in marriage. The one-flesh union -- they become 'one' again. And , in so, doing, another human being comes to be. That 'new' life takes 9 months to be ready to be on it's own. And THAT is why 'homosexuality' IS indeed evil. It Totally goes Against God's plan = Natural. -- egg and ***** Have to come together / be 'rejoined' to create another person. I already knew that, but not on That level.

So -- Adam was never really 'alone' -- God simply had to take his 'mate' out of him. Ever since then, man and woman have been getting Back together To form another human being. A little tiny human being -- needing both a father and a mother -- family. And That process has continued from generation To generation.

And, in the very beginning -- we were meant to live in that garden For ever. God created the perfect environment for Adam and Eve to live in and produce child after child, etc.

Then we see in chapter 3 vs 16 the Lord God is talking to Eve. It sounds like Originally childbirth would be painless -- but now painful -- and Before hand -- Eve Could have intermingled with any male she wanted to. But Now -- After the Fall -- she was subject to her own husband. And we Also see that Adam lived to be 930 yr of age -- chapter 5: 5

The very longest lifespan we are told about was Methuselah being 969 yrs of age. Almost 1,000 yrs vs 27.

Amazing.