• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Why Are We Here At Talk Jesus?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Greetings Everyone,
I thought it might be beneficial to us all if we took a moment and thought about why we truly are a member here at Talk Jesus.

Brother @Chad has given us this wonderful platform to come together as brothers and sisters to fellowship one with another.

This takes a lot of time and finances out of his life and I was wondering if we ever really think about all he has given unto us as we log in each time?

So let's be honest with our replies and share with one another why we are here.

Blessings to you and your families.

Loyal
I come to T.J to fellowship with like minded brothers.
No I don't mean those who think like me. I mean those who desire to Grow in Christ and help one another achieve their personal growth in Christ.

There are tons of so called Christian forums out there but once you are a member you feel like you just don't fit in with all the junk they call God's Word.

Talk Jesus is not like that.
Brother Chad keeps the Resources available and you don't have to be nervous about looking through them.
Thank You!!

I don't come looking to be right or correct others. I come looking for High Quality Spiritual Food without all the religious fill to share with one another.

I admit and this might be a shortcoming that I do have a more difficult time when some one insist on their way is the only way and it's easily seen by others that it opposes the Written Word of God.

I struggle with this.
On one hand
Should I ignore it and hope it does not lead someone astray and keep them from overcoming something in their life.

Or try and show the Word as it really is. I mean I am not pushing my views but I have been willing to learn things and far to many times the long and hard way.

I come to T.J for Spiritual Fellowship in hopes of encouraging and building up one another so Together we can raise up to the next level in Our Spiritual Walk in Christ.

Thank You to Everyone who Aids in keeping Talk Jesus up and running and a safe place to look forward to logging in each day.
Blessings and God Bless
Wired

Active
[LEFT]
I
I don't come looking to be right or correct others. I come looking for High Quality Spiritual Food without all the religious fill to share with one another.

I come to T.J for Spiritual Fellowship in hopes of encouraging and building up one another so Together we can raise up to the next level in Our Spiritual Walk in Christ
[/LEFT]
I think many have a misconception about what spiritual fellowship is and even more so, as to what is possible on the internet.

There is pleasant and unpleasant fellowship.

Pleasant fellowship would be where everyone agrees with you and gives your posts 'likes'. You leave feeling good about what you said and shared.

Unpleasant fellowship (Prov 27:6), especially on the internet can arise from the smallest disagreements, attempts at correction or simply broken telephone.

Both are necessary.

I feel Christian forums need to tolerate a certain level of heated discussion. There are cancerous to Christianity beliefs making their way into all our spaces. We can all be guilty of these. We all need to be extra observant and learn to accept a rebuke. Christians are to judge and correct one another. 1 Cor 5 is crystal clear on that.

As Christians we all know and accept persecution for our belief. We are not crybabies. Snowflakes. We can take rebuke and correction or even insults. One thing we (me) can improve on is learning to, like God, be slow to get upset.

[LEFT]I do like how the moderators here give threads ''time outs''. I think that is the perfect solution.[/LEFT]

Active
Why Are We Here At Talk Jesus?
I believe all the regulars are here for the same reasons. Share, grow, learn, fellowship and teach.

Personally, I am a regular on atheist and secular forums. I visit Christian forums for a breather.

I do agree with you praising Chad's efforts and the moderators. This is the best Christian site I have been on. Thanks to them, keep up the good work!

Loyal
to learn, to grow, this is one of my first stops in the morning after reading my bible while drinking my coffee before work. I like the fellow ship. even when we all do not agree on something (rare occasion LOL) there is a respect for each other that I have never seen on any other internet forum and I have been on a lot of them that is one reason I keep coming back. there is a Love for Jesus here and where there are two gathered in his name there he will be, amen THankyou Jesus !!

Loyal
I like to pray for and give advise to those who request it. Many only pray and many wont even respond to requests for prayer and consulting. I believe this is the highest possible delight in coming here, it makes me feel good to help brothers and sisters in need. Occasional I get caught up in a discussion that goes no where, but I try not too, but sometimes the ego is weak. I am an encourager by nature, and love to do so when given a chance and see a need. And I am sometimes encouraged by the joy I see in others here, and I appreciate Chad's efforts on the site, he does a good job. Its probably the best online christian site I have come upon.

Loyal
Let many others here, this isn't my only outlet. I'm in a men's prayer group at my church.
I also lead a Bible study at my house during the week. I feel closer to those people than I do most people
here on TJ. So those are generally the people I pray with and for. Those are the people who are my confidante's.
Those are my accountability partners. Those are the people I look to for encouragement, guidance, and
frankly... even love.

That isn't to say I haven't built some relationships here on TalkJesus. I have prayed for people here over the years.
I think I could even say I love some people here. That last one is more difficult, it's hard to love people you don't
know personally... but I try. (That could be an entire thread in itself).

So for TalkJesus, I don't usually hang around the prayer request, counseliing and water cooler forums. I would say 90% of
the time I frequent the Bible Chat forums. Why? Because I love talking about Jesus (what's the name of the website again?)
I love talking about the Bible. I love growing in the word.

Sometimes our passion about something (even Jesus and the Bible) can get us in trouble. I have been so caught up
in some discussions that I have said things I regretted later. I feel in the last few months I'm doing a little better.
(keep praying for me). Say what you want to say. Post the verses you want to post... and move on. If someone disagrees
with you, so be it. It probably isn't personal. I think sometimes we get caught up in "who wins". Who ever has the last
word wins? I think that's rarely the case.

One of the things I've learned here is... I'm not always right. Another thing I have learned is... it's OK to let someone else
have the last word. It's OK to let them "win" (if that's how you want to think about it). I've learned to love people who disagree with me.

I've been here 10 years now. My first posts were in 2008. I thought "I knew it all". But so many people have surprised me with
their interpretations, and their views. I actually like it when this happens. It makes me study all that much harder.
Are they right? Are they wrong? Is what they are saying supported in scripture? Can I make a case for it? Can I make a case against it?
Does it edify Jesus? Does it glorify God? If I find out I'm wrong can I admit it? It has happened believe it or not... I have changed
my beliefs on a few things because of conversations here. ..and yet, my resolve on certain things has even grown stronger.

Loyal
@B-A-C you are with out a doubt in my mind one of the best people on here to have the maturity to walk away from a disagreements, your example is superb IMO sometime irritating it so good. :smile: something I am getting better at but have a long ways to go. great post BTW

Loyal
something I am getting better at but have a long ways to go
Maybe So but in All Truth you have already done the hard part, taking responsibility and Deciding to do something about it and following through with it.

That my brother is Spiritual Maturity and a Willing Obedient Heart. That's what the Father is looking for and not being perfect as some believe.
Blessings

Staff Member
Thank you for sharing this thread @Wired 4 Fishen

I have enjoyed reading these posts....and too thank the Lord for brother Chad and his work in running and maintaining Talk Jesus.

I am here because it is a such a rich blessing for me.
It is the only forum I am active on....

Praise the Lord for online Christian fellowship and the shared word of God here.
I come here early morning and it is a time of calm ,reflection and peace
There is always a beautiful word or message that can be can be carried into the day to share or pray for.

It is a blessing to be able to work with a lovely team of moderators too.
Moderating is a challenging environment at times.....but the Lord leads and guides, Praise His name!

So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11

Loyal
I am here for the same reason I am into my Bible first thing each AM. I meet with God and with His people.

I am on other forums, but the argumentative folk can get very tiresome after a while. My flesh will rebel against that and want to fight or argue. I wish I could say I never yielded to my flesh on that point. This is one of two groups where I am able to simply enjoy the fellowship. Sometimes I will simply read and pray as I pass through some of the posts. Other times God will lead me to get involved.

Sometimes I am led by something other than God to get involved. On this forum this last is not so frequent, but we too are still within our own veil of flesh. So let us continue to grow together toward God and give thanks to Him that our brother, Chad, has worked to make it possible for us to be here.

Give God the glory!

Loyal
I am here for the same reason I am into my Bible first thing each AM. I meet with God and with His people.

I am on other forums, but the argumentative folk can get very tiresome after a while. My flesh will rebel against that and want to fight or argue. I wish I could say I never yielded to my flesh on that point. This is one of two groups where I am able to simply enjoy the fellowship. Sometimes I will simply read and pray as I pass through some of the posts. Other times God will lead me to get involved.

Sometimes I am led by something other than God to get involved. On this forum this last is not so frequent, but we too are still within our own veil of flesh. So let us continue to grow together toward God and give thanks to Him that our brother, Chad, has worked to make it possible for us to be here.

Give God the glory!
Very Well Said!
Thank You and Blessings to you