• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Whose Example Will You Follow?

Staff Member
Amaziah did what was pleasing in the LORD's sight, but not like his ancestor David. Instead, he followed the example of his father, Joash. Amaziah did not destroy the pagan shrines, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there. 2 Kings 14:3-4 NLT

Amaziah could have done worse. Unlike the majority of the kings of Israel and Judah, he followed many of God’s laws and led his people without any of the horrible injustices or failures of his predecessors. Nevertheless, he only set his standards as high as his father, not his ancestor David, whose heart was fully committed to the Lord.

Having the right kind of mentor or example to follow can make all the difference in a man’s life. If you are following someone whose commitment to obedience or living by faith is minimal, you’ll have little in the way of instruction or in modeling a God-honoring life for you. Leaders or mentors who cut corners won’t show you how to pursue the best path forward.

Is there someone in your life who has high standards or leads by a powerful example? While such a person may seem a tough act to follow, he is exactly the kind of person who will stretch your faith and show you the path toward a deeper reverence for God.

Prayer: Lord, help me to find people who will guide me toward You and toward a life of faith.

Loyal
Jesus is our best example.

John 13:15; "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.

1Tim 1:16; Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

1Pet 2:21; For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,