• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Whose Authority?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
and spoke to Him, saying, "Tell us, by what authority are You doing these things? Or who is he who gave You this authority?" Luke 20:2

As Jesus was speaking, the teachers of the law, the chief priests, and the elders gathered thick around Him, questioning His authority. He had, after all, just thrown the entire temple complex into an uproar by driving out the corrupt merchants, whose greedy presence they had approved and profited from. How dare He? As if only He had the right and authority to be there!

What authority did Jesus have? John the Baptist had declared that the Messiah was coming and would baptize them "with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Luke 3:16). And this Messiah performed miracles and even predicted His own death. For those who wanted to hear the truth about Jesus and His authority, the evidence was available. His words were just as trustworthy about His nature then as they are now.

You may find yourself in a situation in which you're doubting the authority of Jesus over your sexuality, your finances, or your status. The culture around you is telling you something different than Jesus tells you, and you may wonder if it's correct.

Doubt no more. Jesus is God incarnate and His authority is from on high. But you already know that. The question is, whose authority will you submit to this day?

Prayer: Lord, help me in my unbelief and weakness to recognize You as the sovereign authority over my life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 0
Brother-Paul Bible Discussions 0