• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Who's Is It?

LOL Time for an argument.

My daddy gave me a bicycle once. Who owned the bike? Me right? Why? My daddy gave it to me.

God gave me a car. No! Truly! He did! Free and clear He gave it to me. So...who owns the car?

Does the gift belong to the giver? Or the receiver?

God gave his only begotten Son as a gift. Does this mean we own him? No.

All things belong to God. Period.

When God gives us something it is still his and we are expected to use it wisely.

Every meal we eat is considered a gift from God.

The very bodies we live in are the same, his gift.

When I give my child a gift, such as a bike, I have control over the son and therefore the gift as well. In Gods economy the son is always to be obedient unto the father. Even after moving out of the home to be with a wife. Jesus will never be out from under the rule of his Father and neither shall I as far as my Father in heaven goes. We are not suffered to continue under our earthly fathers rule upon death. The conclusion of the matter for me is that, God owns everything including any gifts given unto anyone ever. After all he let us have dominion over the earth, I don't see where it says he gave it to us.

Outside of material things, the gifts and callings of God are without repentance. God made Lucifer and gave him his lofty position in heaven. He did not get demoted when he fell. God promoted Jesus to a position above Satan instead. A man who is given the gift of healing doesn't loose that gift when he begins to merchandise it for cash. He does have a lot of explaining to do just before he gets pitched into the lake of fire, but that is another story.

We give God gifts from his own stuff. That is kinda weird too.

A wife is considered a gift to man from God. Why then can she leave?

Well, I think that is about all that comes to mind. Was this thread your gift to us?

Sharing the gift of Christ,

Gary

Active

RJ

LOL Time for an argument.

My daddy gave me a bicycle once. Who owned the bike? Me right? Why? My daddy gave it to me.

God gave me a car. No! Truly! He did! Free and clear He gave it to me. So...who owns the car?

I don't get your line of reasoning and nothing is comparable to God's Grace, not in this life or the next!

Your car was not the gift of grace.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

He gives We recieve

Last edited:
God gave his only begotten Son as a gift. Does this mean we own him? No.

All things belong to God. Period.

When God gives us something it is still his and we are expected to use it wisely.

Every meal we eat is considered a gift from God.

The very bodies we live in are the same, his gift.

When I give my child a gift, such as a bike, I have control over the son and therefore the gift as well. In Gods economy the son is always to be obedient unto the father. Even after moving out of the home to be with a wife. Jesus will never be out from under the rule of his Father and neither shall I as far as my Father in heaven goes. We are not suffered to continue under our earthly fathers rule upon death. The conclusion of the matter for me is that, God owns everything including any gifts given unto anyone ever. After all he let us have dominion over the earth, I don't see where it says he gave it to us.

Outside of material things, the gifts and callings of God are without repentance. God made Lucifer and gave him his lofty position in heaven. He did not get demoted when he fell. God promoted Jesus to a position above Satan instead. A man who is given the gift of healing doesn't loose that gift when he begins to merchandise it for cash. He does have a lot of explaining to do just before he gets pitched into the lake of fire, but that is another story.

We give God gifts from his own stuff. That is kinda weird too.

A wife is considered a gift to man from God. Why then can she leave?

Well, I think that is about all that comes to mind. Was this thread your gift to us?

Sharing the gift of Christ,

Gary

WELL!!!!!!!! LOL

Where did you come up with this theory? If GOD says its a gift then its mine when HE gives it to me.

Then this 'gift is not a gift as the WORD says but a loan. And in calling it a gift then GOD is lying to me.

You said "Does this mean we own him?"

Jesus is our brother. In the sense of family we do have a claim on HIM. But that is a silly question anyway in that we own nobody. Not ever.

The bible uses the word "Gift" Synonyms are <table class="the_content" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
</td> <td> accord, apportion, award, bequeath, come through, commit, confer, devote, donate, entrust, favor, gift, give away, grant, hand out, honor with, impart, kick in, lavish, offer, present, put out, render to </td></tr></tbody></table>
These are words which all portray a change in ownership.

I have no sons. I have four daughters Each more lovely than the one before. I gave them gifts, still do, and these gifts I gave them belong to them. I have no claim on those gifts at all. None,ninguno,dim,mitte ükski. I have bestowed these things on them. These things changed ownership.

The good thing about that is that I CAN give my FATHER a gift. If I own nothing but all is HIS then all I can do is return a loaned item.

Gifts can have conditions. For instance, we must obey the commandments of God to receive the gift of eternal life.
Accepting the gift of eternal life comes at the highest cost we can imagine. As Jesus gave His life for us, we must be willing to give our lives to follow Him.
There is an expression " Salvation is free, but is isn't cheap ".
God's gifts are for us to keep or lose. They belong to us but can be lost if we don't stay on the path of righteousness.

Gifts can have conditions. For instance, we must obey the commandments of God to receive the gift of eternal life.
Accepting the gift of eternal life comes at the highest cost we can imagine. As Jesus gave His life for us, we must be willing to give our lives to follow Him.
God's gifts are for us to keep or lose. They belong to us but can be lost if we don't stay on the path of righteousness.

But this salvation is mine? Are you saying that I earn my salvation by obedience? Oops 'Nother discussion?

Active

RJ

THat's contradictory: You say it is free like God says but you say you must do something first to earn it?

Grace and salvation is a gift to me from God through his Son.
I claim it and it is mine.

In the realm of material things, many of them most likely cause God grief. They are inventions of man, they can be good or bad, and many such as oil and cars and plastics and so on realized and used by man due to God given intelligence but with little sense, cause great damage to earth, create pollution, and put people in worship to financial gods.

Great strip mines to garner the minerals and metals out of the earth to make these cars and products rape the land, and leave it barren.

I figure if people actually did follow the absolute will of God , each town or community would be more or less self supporting, work and live together, they would hold to his moral laws and there would not be all the greed for money over material gains, and items and things. War and conflict over oil and material things would not be required, so the use of them and the wish for them have created world conflicts.

My wife was upset at me this morning, now she is upset at herself Lol! Looky she told me you can go to North Dakota to the new oil fields and they will give you $15.000 dollars just to go, yea I said, people are living in tents and sleeping on the ground and if they are lucky to find an apartment or place to live the cost of the apartment is $3000 dollars a month. Food and material things are very expensive it is man and a boom town, after the lust of more oil. To create more material things.........oh my..........a blessing to those with no work maybe, but a lure to many to gain more material things but they will gain less. .........so she is now upset with herself as she realized these things. Lol!

But all things belong to God, he created the minerals and metals and chemicals and all things. So I suppose we just borrow them , whether we use them wisely is another debate.

I have heard people say they prayed to God that their car would start and it did. Cool.......but a car is a mechanical monster and it will start it if wants to and not if not. God is not too worried about that car. i am not sure if God even wanted us to have cars. That may well be us, and our invention, as many things we tend to say were given to us by God, tend to destroy our earth and create world conflict. God knew it would take place as he tells us how travel and technology will increase and so on, but are these things of Gods will or the results of mans will??

We as men invented things and gifts, the wise men came bearing gifts to Christ. I figure the best gift you can give to Christ is to just say Hi each day.

Kit

Grace and salvation is a gift to me from God through his Son.
I claim it and it is mine.

In the realm of material things, many of them most likely cause God grief. They are inventions of man, they can be good or bad, and many such as oil and cars and plastics and so on realized and used by man due to God given intelligence but with little sense, cause great damage to earth, create pollution, and put people in worship to financial gods.

Great strip mines to garner the minerals and metals out of the earth to make these cars and products rape the land, and leave it barren.

I figure if people actually did follow the absolute will of God , each town or community would be more or less self supporting, work and live together, they would hold to his moral laws and there would not be all the greed for money over material gains, and items and things. War and conflict over oil and material things would not be required, so the use of them and the wish for them have created world conflicts.

My wife was upset at me this morning, now she is upset at herself Lol! Looky she told me you can go to North Dakota to the new oil fields and they will give you $15.000 dollars just to go, yea I said, people are living in tents and sleeping on the ground and if they are lucky to find an apartment or place to live the cost of the apartment is $3000 dollars a month. Food and material things are very expensive it is man and a boom town, after the lust of more oil. To create more material things.........oh my..........a blessing to those with no work maybe, but a lure to many to gain more material things but they will gain less. .........so she is now upset with herself as she realized these things. Lol!

But all things belong to God, he created the minerals and metals and chemicals and all things. So I suppose we just borrow them , whether we use them wisely is another debate.

I have heard people say they prayed to God that their car would start and it did. Cool.......but a car is a mechanical monster and it will start it if wants to and not if not. God is not too worried about that car. i am not sure if God even wanted us to have cars. That may well be us, and our invention, as many things we tend to say were given to us by God, tend to destroy our earth and create world conflict. God knew it would take place as he tells us how travel and technology will increase and so on, but are these things of Gods will or the results of mans will??

We as men invented things and gifts, the wise men came bearing gifts to Christ. I figure the best gift you can give to Christ is to just say Hi each day.

Kit

You have an interesting way of seeing things.

Its just that in forty year a Christian and I've never even seen such an oulandish idea

Please show me scriptures that say what GOD gives me is not mine?

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

The earth and all that is in it including you and me are his.

If something was actually yours, how could God be righteous and destroy it? God is eventually going to destroy this earth and create a new one. All your stuff will be gone.

Last edited:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

The earth and all that is in it including you and me are his.

If something was actually yours, how could God be righteous and destroy it? God is eventually going to destroy this earth and create a new one. All your stuff will be gone.

OK Now we have something to work with. Your body is a temple of the HOLY SPIRIT. Ye are not your own.

You already know that the HOLY SPIRIT lives in you. You are not living for you.

Where does the Bible say that what GOD gives you is not yours?

You said "
If something was actually yours, how could God be righteous and destroy it? God is eventually going to destroy this earth and create a new one. All your stuff will be gone."

Just like the rest of salvation you trade in what you have for much better. You lose that hovel you live in and move into a mansion. etc

I'm not saying you live in a hovel but comparitively speaking You do.

So where does it say that when GOD gives you something, its not yours?

THat's contradictory: You say it is free like God says but you say you must do something first to earn it?

I'm not saying it- Jesus said it.
You can receive a free gift but you have to do something in return-like a survey on the net.
Jesus uses " if " in the NT - I will give you something free IF you do this..

I'm not saying it- Jesus said it.
You can receive a free gift but you have to do something in return-like a survey on the net.
Jesus uses " if " in the NT - I will give you something free IF you do this..

LOL Hey That's what some ministries do...I"ll send you this free gift for a donation of...... Christianized lies.

But JESUS? HIS gifts are free. Still we have to work hard to walk in them because the enemy comes to steal them away.

Last edited: