• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Who Are You Trying To Please?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Staff Member
From then on Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, "If you let this Man go, you are not Caesar's friend. Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar." John 19:12

Pilate faced the unenviable situation of judging an innocent man before an angry crowd that threatened to destroy his reputation and career. He sought to do the right thing by releasing Jesus, but the threats of the crowd proved too much. He found himself at the mercy of the mob. He was so busy looking at the shouting mass of people in front of him that he overlooked the words of Jesus: God had handed over the power of life and death in that moment to him.

It's easy to lose sight of what God has entrusted into your care in the moment of a difficult decision or a challenging conflict. Disastrous decisions can result from trying to protect yourself from the anger of others. A moral compromise that appears to be for the greater good today can have disastrous consequences in the future.

Oftentimes doing the right thing requires a leap of faith, trusting that the truth will win out eventually and God will recognize your faithfulness.

Prayer: Lord, I surrender my reputation and my future into Your hands. Give me the courage to trust You even when doing the right thing causes others to despise me.