Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

White As Snow

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Laura1557, Dec 7, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. It snowed here a little last night. I awoke to a light dusting of white on the ground and the roof of the house across the road looking more white than the usual black of the shingles. As I drank my coffee, I had my Bible open on my lap and found myself pondering the snow.

Isaiah 1:18 KJV was the verse that came to mind. It says "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

How very like that roof! Usually as I sit in my easy chair in the living room, the neighbour's roof is black. That's how the Lord saw me once, before He saved me over twenty years ago: black with sin.

But since He saved me and washed me in the blood of the Lamb, He sees me as clean as I thought that roof looked, covered in a fresh white blanket.

As long as I'm in this body of flesh, I'll be occasionally (too occasionally) blackened by sin, but God doesn't see me that way. He sees me as being clean and pure because He sees me through His Son.

My sins washed white as snow. His grace still amazes me. And as the preacher once said, ''if that don't light your fire, your wood's wet!"

Dave M likes this.