• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Which side is the God's will?

how do we know which side is God's will in our lives?
for example
I decide to go to central Africa to do missions;
but my friend Allen thinks I shouldn't, because I know nothing about French. Instead of that, Allen thinks I should do local missions first, which is really efficient.
but I think God will help me to overcome all the problems i will meet in there,and Allen's talk is just a test from God.(by the way, how can I know it is not from evil's obstacle. YOu know ,sometimes evil will pretend to be a angel)
so I go to central Africa anyway. If I meet difficulties there, does that mean God is still testing me or I didn't obey God's will from Allen's mouth.
I mean how can I know which way is the real way God wants you to choose not test you?
yes I can pray. How can I get response to make a decision. Maybe you will say holy spirit will help me make a right decision, just do it.
but we make wrong decisions all the time. maybe it is God's plan for us let us learn. so we cant say we make decisions all the time with holy spirits help.

to sum it up, how to know which way is God's will. when both sides make good arguements?

You must go with the feelings deep down inside you. If we are Christians then we have the Holy Spirit and it will act upon our conscience to lead us. We should not think that the holy Spirit will lead us in directions away from trouble. Maybe God is calling you to face trouble for His plan for those who will hear the message you have.

One thing i know. Many people will hear a message from a foreigner. The same message they will not hear from a person of there own nation or clan.

Jesus had this trouble also:

Matthew 13
53 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed from there. 54 And when He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, "Where did this [Man] get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55 "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" 57 So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house." 58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

First of all, I would not listen to one of your friends unless you went to God in prayer beforehand and asked him to reveal wisdom from someone who is impartial to your plans, and preferably someone who is older and has more life experience behind him.

There are several questions that are good to ask yourself when trying to discern God's plan for you. Try asking yourself these questions....

Is it reasonable at this point in my life?
Will it lead me to be a better servant of God?
Will it improve my life and my family's life?
Will it harm the people who are closest to me?
Will it put me in debt?
What does the bible say?
What does wise counsel say?
Remove your emotions and ask what your heart tells you.

your advice is good.
but when both sides make good arguements, it is so difficult to a stupid human like me to decide.

Administrator
Staff Member
Always and always ask GOD for guidance, read Scripture as much as you can also.

jesusisthegod said:
your advice is good.
but when both sides make good arguements, it is so difficult to a stupid human like me to decide.

jesusisthegod you will often get different messages. You must ask God with genuine honesty to guide you, So that when you see the right answer it will jump into your heart and you will know it is the right one.

jesusisthegod sometimes it can be that all answers will be wrong. That is why we must ask God to give us wisdom and be careful not to make a human advisor our god.

We are all humans and no one has all wisdom except God.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Jesusisthegod , I Love Your Zeal For The Lord ! I Hope This May Help You With Your Problem . One Thing Thats Important In Your Life Is The Test Of Time . Through Every Trial We Learn To Trust God , And We Better Understand The Sound Of His Voice . Reading The Word , And Prayer Help You Better Hear The Voice Of God The Most . Peter Said He Would Die For Jesus But In A Few Short Hours He Denied He Even Knew Him ! One Of The Fruits Of The Spirit Is Patience . Be Patient And God Will Show You The Way . In The Counsel Of Many There Is Wisdom . Keep Seeking Your Answere And Pray . Big Brother