• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Where do you turn?

Staff Member
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:9-10 NKJV

Why are some people oppressed and others aren’t? Do they have less money? Do they look different? People who are oppressed and marginalized are forgotten by the powerful, who are only aware of their own advancement, wealth, and power. Injustice and oppression go hand in hand, as any means to keep undesirable people out of the way is considered acceptable.

While some people may forget or even oppress others for the sake of their own gain, the Lord won’t forget the people who suffer the most. While their own gain, the Lord won’t forget the people who suffer the most. While everyone else in society may turn away from the most unwanted people, the Lord offers them the refuge of His immediate presence. Those seeking the presence of the Lord may find Him closest to the people most likely to be forgotten.

Even more importantly, the Lord is attentive to people who seek Him. No one is forgotten or marginalized before God. All people have equal access to Him. Trusting in God’s name is all that is required.

Prayer: Lord, help me to see people who are forgotten and care for them the way You do.

All people have equal access to Him.

Sort of...

"all people have access to God", .. if they will believe in Jesus.. So, in this way, "all" have access.
But the non-believers, are not Son's of God. They are not God's born again family, so, they dont have "access" to God in the same way..... as they are not God's born again, yet.

Staff Member
Sort of...

"all people have access to God", .. if they will believe in Jesus.. So, in this way, "all" have access.
But the non-believers, are not Son's of God. They are not God's born again family, so, they dont have "access" to God in the same way..... as they are not God's born again, yet.
Dear Bethel,
If you will notice that on the line that you quote it starts out with " Even more importantly, the Lord is attentive to people who seek Him....."
Which begs the question in line with your point "why would a non-believer seek God?" Hopefully, to repent, but more importantly the person acknowledges that God exists! Always need a starting point :)

But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 NKJV

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on the devotional.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Dear Bethel,
If you will notice that on the line that you quote it starts out with " Even more importantly, the Lord is attentive to people who seek Him....."
Which begs the question in line with your point "why would a non-believer seek God?" Hopefully, to repent, but more importantly the person acknowledges that God exists! Always need a starting point :)

But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 NKJV

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on the devotional.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Hi Nick...

Have you ever met a "christian" who believes that "all of us are the children of god'. ???????
Lots of those running around spewing out that new age theology.
In fact, a child of God has to be born again to become a child of God, otherwise they are just lost here.......John 3:36

And regarding seeking God diligently..... well, the non-believers will be reward with Sonship by becoming a "new creation", and the born again who diligently seek will be reward with favor and revelation knowledge.
Its also possible that God will imbue them with some special ability (anointing), OR, call them in the ministry.

Staff Member
Hi Nick...

Have you ever met a "christian" who believes that "all of us are the children of god'. ???????
Lots of those running around spewing out that new age theology.
In fact, a child of God has to be born again to become a child of God, otherwise they are just lost here.......John 3:36

And regarding seeking God diligently..... well, the non-believers will be reward with Sonship by becoming a "new creation", and the born again who diligently seek will be reward with favor and revelation knowledge.
Its also possible that God will imbue them with some special ability (anointing), OR, call them in the ministry.
Dear Betherl,
To answer your question, I must do so with a question. :)
What does the Word of God say?

There are a lot of false teachings being spewed out in the World. Not only today, but also before the Church had the Bible, such heresies were being spoken of as if Gospel! So, the warning from Paul

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. Galatians 1:6-10 NKJV

What I was trying to point out to you in my previous post was that everyone has a starting point. That moment in time when they were drawn by the Holy Spirit, to Jesus Christ. For all of us, that road traveled may have been short or long as humanity determines time. Yet, if seeking Him, we do, He will make His presence known to those who are faithful.

However, all this is for another thread that you might want to start! :) That this devotional has led you to contemplate upon things beyond its subject matter, is all to the good! That is if it will have us delving into Scripture, seeking understanding through the Holy Spirit, Alleluia!

Again, thank-you for sharing.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:9-10 NKJV

Why are some people oppressed and others aren’t? Do they have less money? Do they look different? People who are oppressed and marginalized are forgotten by the powerful, who are only aware of their own advancement, wealth, and power. Injustice and oppression go hand in hand, as any means to keep undesirable people out of the way is considered acceptable.

While some people may forget or even oppress others for the sake of their own gain, the Lord won’t forget the people who suffer the most. While their own gain, the Lord won’t forget the people who suffer the most. While everyone else in society may turn away from the most unwanted people, the Lord offers them the refuge of His immediate presence. Those seeking the presence of the Lord may find Him closest to the people most likely to be forgotten.

Even more importantly, the Lord is attentive to people who seek Him. No one is forgotten or marginalized before God. All people have equal access to Him. Trusting in God’s name is all that is required.

Prayer: Lord, help me to see people who are forgotten and care for them the way You do.
I am reminded of psalm 91
Psalm 91 says" he who DWELLS in the secret place of the most high..

If you are not paying attention you will miss it

It is up to each of us and we individually have to choose to dwell in his secret place

it is only then that the rest of the psalm quote unquote kicks in

:) :) :)