• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Where do you turn for help?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
God [is] our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; [Though] its waters roar [and] be troubled, [Though] the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah Psalm 46:1-3 NKJV

When was the last time your life was disrupted? Is there something that you fear today? The writer of the Psalms provides a picture of global cataclysms, natural disasters that would cause the courage of anyone to melt. While the earth shakes, sources of comfort and trust fall to pieces, and new threats emerge, God remains ever-present to help.

There is no condemnation for reacting to troubling situations with fear, but fear isn’t the place to remain. The difference today is where you turn. Do you look for comfort, strength, or protection in the many distractions, pleasures, or material items around you? Whether you turn to a stocked bank account or an escape from reality, the appropriate response to frightening circumstances is a resolution to trust in the strength of God.

God is present in His beloved creation, and He is with you, His beloved child. He will not abandon you. Every other source of comfort and protection will dissipate, crumble, or slip away. Only God remains.

Prayer: God, You alone stand immovable in this disruptive and frightening world. May I turn to You alone in faith throughout the fearful seasons of life.

Staff Member
the appropriate response to frightening circumstances is a resolution to trust in the strength of God.
and to trust in the resolution of God for He is the solution!

Bless you ....><>

What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.
Psalm 56:3