• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Where Do You Seek Help?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Happy [is he] who [has] the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope [is] in the LORD his God, Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that [is] in them; Who keeps truth forever, Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners. Psalm 146:5-7 NKJV

Where do you turn in times of need? Have you ever been in a situation that felt completely beyond your resources and capacity?

These are the times when those who lack relational, material, or financial resources turn to God. Those who suffer from hunger, oppression, or injustice can call out to God for help, and God will be attentive to their cries.

If you have experienced privations, consider how you can extend your trust in God more completely. If you are in a season of security, consider asking God how you can answer that prayer for someone else. Perhaps your generosity could become the provision of God in someone else’s life.

Whether you join God in cries of desperation, or you join God in helping others during their times of crisis, you will find yourself linked with God’s deepest desires for people and transformed by the joy of this partnership with God.

Prayer: Father, I trust that You can provide for the needs of those who cry out to You. May I rest in You and remain generous and aware for the sake of those around me.