• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

When You Must Trust

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"For the land which you go to possess [is] not like the land of Egypt from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered [it] by foot, as a vegetable garden; Deuteronomy 11:10

Living in Egypt didn't require people to desperately trust God. They could generally depend on the annual flooding of the Nile to fill up their irrigation ponds for the coming year. The land of Canaan, however, was different. It depended on scant rains, and precipitation fluctuated wildly from year to year. There, people had to trust God.

You know what that's like if you're constantly having to make new sales or business contracts. Many times, you may question the wisdom of running your own business and look back longingly to the security of a nine-to-five job with its guaranteed paycheck.

It can be rewarding to be your own boss, and if your business idea was a lifelong dream, all the better. However, the exhilaration of the unpredictable can sometimes be downright scary. There will be times when you don't know if you'll even make it.

Even if your work is steady, your personal life may be subject to constant changes. Your relationships, children, or health may be a roller-coaster ride, forcing you to constantly trust the Lord.

Prayer: God, I depend upon You to provide my daily and monthly needs. I simply can't make it on my own. Help me, Lord! Provide for me! In Jesus' name, I pray.