• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

When Situations Worsen

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then the LORD said to Gideon, "By the three hundred men who lapped I will save you, and deliver the Midianites into your hand. Let all the [other] people go, every man to his place." Judges 7:7

After God had given Gideon several signs, his faith was increased and he was ready to trust God. He was finally confident he could lead his army into battle. But God had a problem with Gideon's army: it had too many soldiers. When they won the battle, they'd think they'd won not with God's help, but because there were so many of them. So God ordered Gideon to send all but three hundred men home. Gideon did.

Do you ever find this happening? You go through a struggle to trust God, and when you finally have the faith to commit yourself, the situation changes and becomes even more desperate, even more impossible? Your resources take a serious hit and you have to search your heart all over again as to whether you can trust God to help.

Life is full of twists and turns, and it might seem like God is being unfair, but this testing of your faith often reveals that you have more faith than you thought you did. If God puts new demands on your life, consider it a compliment: He knows you can handle more now than you previously could.

Prayer: God, this situation is looking worse than ever, but I'm not quitting. I trust that You'll come through for me. You won't fail me.