• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

When God Visits

Staff Member
And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried [him] stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother. Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, "A great prophet has risen up among us"; and, "God has visited His people." Luke 7:12-16

In this passage, Jesus restored a widow's son to life in a city called Nain. The people's response was immediate--reverent fear and glory to God. These mourners became worshippers, understanding that God was visiting His people.

But while Nain rejoiced, other cities were rebuked for their lack of faith. Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum remained unrepentant despite repeated miracles (Matthew 11), and Jesus prophesied Jerusalem's destruction because it didn’t know the time of its visitation by the Messiah (Luke 19:44).

Reverent fear and thanksgiving are the signs of faith. When God visits you, tremble! Praise! Repent! Be like Nain, whose sorrow was turned into worship.

Prayer: Father, I welcome Your visits in my life! Help me to embrace Your will.