• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

When God Appreciates Men

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
He trusted in the LORD God of Israel, so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor who were before him. For he held fast to the LORD; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which the LORD had commanded Moses. The LORD was with him; he prospered wherever he went. And he rebelled against the king of Assyria and did not serve him. 2 Kings 18:5-7 NKJV

When 2 Kings says “none like him” like Hezekiah among all the kings of Judah, it does so for a specific reason: “he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him”.

When Acts 10 explains how an angel visited a centurion, the writer uses the angel’s words to specify the reason: “your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God” (Acts 10:4 NIV).

When men “hold fast to the Lord” and don’t stop following Him, they are rewarded with the appreciation of God the way Hezekiah and Cornelius were.

When you hold fast to the Lord and continue following Him, you experience the appreciation of God as well. Sometimes this shows up in recognition and success. Always it shows up in a deeper relationship with the One “clothed with splendor and majesty” (Psalm 104:1 NIV).

Prayer: Lord, it amazes me that You, my Creator, would appreciate Your own creation so much. I’m so glad You desire to bless me when I hold fast to and follow You. Help me experience the majesty of Your appreciation!