• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

When 2 Christians say they are Dating One another Does that mean they are Sleeping together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
For this modern day christian Language terminology has change so much. For I understand the words of the world but words of christianity has so many different meanings in this age.

Loyal
It shouldn't

Amen. Our meanings of words may change, but God's meanings do not.

1Cor 6:9; Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
1Cor 6:10; nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Let me paraphrase here.

Do not be deceived. Unmarried people sleeping with each other will not inherit the kingdom of God.

there is a threshold you cross where you need to do what is right and get married (whatever that means in your culture). when you cross that threshold, you will both know it.

stop judging people for what you think was sin for you the last time you did it.

Active
The question you posted answers itself: if two Christians (following in the Way of Jesus and obeying the Lord regarding sexual immorality) are dating (seeing one ansother socially and regularly) they are not sleeping together (having sex, being sexually immoral, sinning against God, rebelling against God),

The answer:
Followers of Jesus who date one another will abstain from sexual immorality.

"sleeping together" to one person means sex, and to another, it means.. being in the same room without supervision after dark.

also there is intimacy between people, and there is sexual intimacy between people. christians often try to regulate how much of either or both is allowed, and its the folks with the least amount of self control have the loudest opinions on the matter.

Loyal
In society Nowdays -- when two adults are 'dating' -- it Usually means that after 'dating' a few weeks or so -- they are Probably being intimate. in a sexual way. With Christians -- they Should be refraining.

As a widow -- an Older widow -- after many years of having been married. Well -- If I would get to know another man -- wanting to spend time with me -- well -- developing friendship is most important. At least it Should be.

There is so much modern technowledgy these days. People can Zoom to get to know each other. So Then it would depend on how modestly they'd be dressed.

Biblically it shouldn't. Probably depends on how much 'chemistry' is involved. People can be 'intimate' without Being 'intimate'. It's a complicated world.

Loyal
The question you posted answers itself: if two Christians (following in the Way of Jesus and obeying the Lord regarding sexual immorality) are dating (seeing one ansother socially and regularly) they are not sleeping together (having sex, being sexually immoral, sinning against God, rebelling against God),

The answer: Followers of Jesus who date one another will abstain from sexual immorality.

Are You using the various colors of ink when typing? Because some of your typing doesn't show up.

Active
"sleeping together" to one person means sex, and to another, it means.. being in the same room without supervision after dark.

also there is intimacy between people, and there is sexual intimacy between people. christians often try to regulate how much of either or both is allowed, and its the folks with the least amount of self control have the loudest opinions on the matter.
That is b
So much b. Sleeping together for five year old, perhaps. Sleeping together for adults, that's sexual intimacy, intercourse, swapping fluids, etc.

Loyal
Sleeping together / having sex / is only to be for married couples. Nowdays -- giving / receiving oral sex is common -- depends on a person's definition of 'sex'. That is too much intimacy for 'dating'. It ends up being 'playing' at being married. Almost like a 'trial run' -- if a person really wants to 'keep' a relationship -- they'll supposedly be willing To.

Active
Sleeping together / having sex / is only to be for married couples. Nowdays -- giving / receiving oral sex is common -- depends on a person's definition of 'sex'. That is too much intimacy for 'dating'. It ends up being 'playing' at being married. Almost like a 'trial run' -- if a person really wants to 'keep' a relationship -- they'll supposedly be willing To.
Oral sex is immorality sex. The mouth was not made for that.

Active
I've always only used a white background. Didn't know a person could do otherwise.
If you look at the upper left part of your screen you see three horizontal bars. Click on it and a menu will fall down and you will see nightmode. Click on it and you will have a black background

Loyal
So The Words of JESUS has no grounds whatsoever in this Generation of Christians: And these words of JESUS cannot be applied:

King James Bible
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
New King James Version
But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
New American Standard Bible
But make sure your statement is, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil origin.

Pertaining to the Title Thread

"When 2 Christians say they are Dating One another Does that mean they are Sleeping together?"

PS I thought it was a Yes or No Question.

Loyal
I know one thing for sure, if you are sleeping with her or him of the opposite sex, Guarantee if it is not your spouse, The Devil is going to have some "messengers" there! I don't care, if the only purpose is for a "Bed Warmer" the only way you are going to escape, you too Old or too sick :eyes:

Loyal
I know one thing for sure, if you are sleeping with her or him of the opposite sex, Guarantee if it is not your spouse, The Devil is going to have some "messengers" there! I don't care, if the only purpose is for a "Bed Warmer" the only way you are going to escape, you too Old or too sick :eyes:
That is why, you hear this: "I don't know what happen":confused: Sleep in your own bed! :eyes:

Loyal
If I lie down in a bed with another women and she is not my wife, I better be awfully sick, I don't care if she is the Doctor or The Nurse. My flesh is going to be Barking like a "Hound DOG"! I do not have that "Glorified Body" on yet! That is why the Bible says "FLEE" [Run Forrest Run]! Be brave if you want to0! You are going to loose!:eyes: If you play with Fire you will get Burn.

PS if I am not married I ain't lying down next to no woman! I know me! "be true to thy self" who ever said that. man either :eyes:

Loyal
It is a shame, in the last couple of centuries, men not only have to beware of women, you have to keep your eye on the men too! Scared to go to the mens rest room in public places. You be in a restaurant, here over there in line, a man winkling his eye at you with a "Marlboro Man" Mustache.:eyes: and it keeps getting Stranger. You church people need to get out more often. It is getting darker out here:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.