• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

what's your Favorite verses in scripture?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Mine change from time to time as I am sure is the case for some others as well but two really stick out for me currently

Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

I just love the above verse, it is great hope for everyone IMO

One more that I truly love is

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since[COLOR=#ff0000] love covers a multitude of sins.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]so what's your favorites ?? [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love verses where the Lord proclaims Himself like in this famous one:
The LORD descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the LORD. Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.” Exodus 34:5-7

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
[COLOR=#663300] How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#663300] If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee.[/COLOR] Psalm 139:17-18

Psalm 94:19[COLOR=#663300] In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul.[/COLOR]

Psalm 40:5[COLOR=#663300] Many, O LORD my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.[/COLOR]

Staff Member
[COLOR=#5900b3]He is able to do "exceedingly abundantly"
I love that fact[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00b359]For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen

Ephesians 3:14-21[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Not to sound off here but my Favorite Verse is The One I Need Right Then and There and Thee Lord Shows it to me.

Blessings to you

Loyal
Hey Jim I was about to thank you for posting that video on the last reformation great video and great channel I have been watching all his videos now very good

Loyal
Hey Jim I was about to thank you for posting that video on the last reformation great video and great channel I have been watching all his videos now very good
You are very Welcome Dave!!
That video really spoke to us and sure was an eye opener how believers were living in the Holy Land.
Have a very joyfully blessed weekend