• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

    Register Log In

Whats your favorite Holiday ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Member
People from all around the world visit talkjesus . Many have different holiday's . What is your favorite holiday and why ? :computer:
 
Member
Easter

Without first Easter there would have been no peace, no joy, and no righteousness in our exsistence.

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
People from all around the world visit talkjesus . Many have different holiday's . What is your favorite holiday and why ? :computer:
 
Member
I have to say that I like thanksgiving the most . My wife and daughter love to cook and they do such a great job getting dinner together .

My daughter is the best at making biscuits , and my wife makes great turkey ! It's the only holiday we spend at our home as a family , and I feel very blessed to be with my wife and children .

At times , I just sit still and cannot believe how good my heavenly Father has been to me . I do not deserve all the blessings I have . Mike
 
Administrator
Staff Member
This is too difficult for me to choose. I love thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter.

I believe my favorite is Christmas. For one thing, it is about the birth of Jesus Christ. Second, the gathering of the family together and all the wonderful holiday recipies.

I can't wait for Christmas!
 
Member
I am not really sure which of Holiday is my favorite. I think though Easter and Christmas are tied for 1st.
 
Member
mine is definately Easter - Christmas too (but they are debating of taking it away in our country - like they did with assension day)
 
Member
my favorite holiday is christmas! i love everything about it...family dinners, decorating the house, exchanging gifts, the songs...ad i know its wrong but i love the magical feeling...santa claus, stockings that always takes me back to childhood. I know its wrong to like that stuff but i cant help it...i do!

I think i like halloween second, and easter third...and hmmm then any holiday with fireworks is nice too!!
 
Member
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving :love:.
I :love: Thanksgiving because every other holiday we run from morning till night visiting our extended family, which I :love: doing.
I :love: when our family is all together, my grandmother is 97 years old, I have spent almost every Christmas eve with her and my aunts, uncles and cousins and close family friends. 4 generations of family. A few years back, we decided to pick one holiday to stay home, so when our kids are grown they will want to come to our home to make it special. We chose Thanksgiving. It is the only holiday that they haven't been able to commericalize. I :love: it. Christine and I spend the day cooking and the boys spend it eating. We often open our home to friends and family that don't have anywhere else to go. What better way to spend your day than with family, breaking bread and giving thanks for all that God has done for us in the past year. To give praise and thanksgivng and to share a good meal too! What more can anyone ask?

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:
 
Member
I like ANZAC day we do nothing it is great sometimes you can go and march or watch the march, in our town we have a pipe band and a cadet unit and other groups sometimes some diggers and the reservests guard the flags and the memorials. It is very marshal love it

Chirstmass isn't too bad, my family doesn't do it anymore because it is too pagan but it is nice to have the time to go and meet family and then there is the boxing day test match - which makes for 4 to 5 days of watching cricket and eating too much food yeah
 
Member
Easter without a doubt The Glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Now for a non-religous Holiday, I would say Thanksgiving for many of the same reasons everyone has already stated, Plus I like getting up early when everyone is still asleep and start the bird, it also a nice quiet time for me and the Lord as we prepare the nights meal.

He Is Risen
He Is Risen Indeed!

Peace be with you,
Your Brother in Christ,
John
 
Member
After a car crash and livign in a town the best place to be was OUTTATHERE!!!!


ANY WHERE!!!!

as in i liked to just be on the road again with some one else driving and away form town i am pretty sure it was to a place called..

"lakes Entrance " though

but my fav holiday has and always will possibly be goign to Fraser Island one holiday's... lol been there 5 times but oh my goodness everytime we went it was AWESOEM!!!

Love Simon!!!
 
Member
i'm not sure. I love christmas and thanksgiving...but also valentines day. lol, it's really sweet. but i would say christmas would be my favorite:smile:. Jesus was born. Hallelujiah.:smile: praises to the almighty:smile:
Tanya
 
Member
holiday

AlabasterBox said:
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving :love:.
I :love: Thanksgiving because every other holiday we run from morning till night visiting our extended family, which I :love: doing.
I :love: when our family is all together, my grandmother is 97 years old, I have spent almost every Christmas eve with her and my aunts, uncles and cousins and close family friends. 4 generations of family. A few years back, we decided to pick one holiday to stay home, so when our kids are grown they will want to come to our home to make it special. We chose Thanksgiving. It is the only holiday that they haven't been able to commericalize. I :love: it. Christine and I spend the day cooking and the boys spend it eating. We often open our home to friends and family that don't have anywhere else to go. What better way to spend your day than with family, breaking bread and giving thanks for all that God has done for us in the past year. To give praise and thanksgivng and to share a good meal too! What more can anyone ask?

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia. The holidays we have here are
mainly Christmas, Easter, Anzac day etc. and because these holidays have become so commercialised, it has taken something away from the true meaning of those days.

So, as for holidays, they tend to have changed from what they used to be.

There was a time when I can remember most people I knew would take annual leave every year and go away with the family. Things do not happen in such a regulated way now.

I do not distinguish holidays anymore from other days,
as there are times when we share our time and/ or meal/s with others for the joy and thankfulness of our abundandant blessings in Christ.
This fellowship has become more precious to us now than the looking forward
to holidays. I think it is because our love and thankfulness has deepened towards those we are priveledged to share with. This is what holidays mean to me at this time in my life.
 
Member

xr6

ICHTHUS said:
After a car crash and livign in a town the best place to be was OUTTATHERE!!!!


ANY WHERE!!!!

as in i liked to just be on the road again with some one else driving and away form town i am pretty sure it was to a place called..

"lakes Entrance " though

but my fav holiday has and always will possibly be goign to Fraser Island one holiday's... lol been there 5 times but oh my goodness everytime we went it was AWESOEM!!!

Love Simon!!!

Hi Simon,
Fraser Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will be there soon!
My parents live at Torquay Hervey Bay.
Can see Fraser Island from the beach.
Fraser island, world heritage listed. :shade:
A lot of history.
Xr
 
Member
Topaz,

I agree our countries and big business have taken so much out of our holidays that it has become all about buy,buy,buy. That many holidays have lost their true meaning. That is why I love the American Thanksgiving it is about giving thanks to our almighty Father in heaven above. No presents, no candy, no santa and no bunny. It is a peaceful holiday without all the hoop la. I love that. Not that I don't honor Christmas and Easter as very presious spiritual holidays, but you have to get pass all the commerical junk first, Santa and the bunny. As a melting pot America has put Jesus behind them. As christians Jesus Christ is first and most important. It is sad that the holidays I remember as a child are gone. But I still have Thanksgiving. Praise the Lord for He is good!

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:
 
Member
my fav holiday is christmas because i love the summer and we get christmas in summer so yay!!
 
Member
ok, so i thort i would finally respond, as i look @ this thread like evry day...

my fav holiday would prob have 2 be christams... not only cuz of Jesus' birth an all... but like also cuz i get 2 c most of my extended family @ that time, an i love it.. i can c my lil cuz' an they r soooo cute!!
 
Member
wildwood said:
Yes our family used to go to Fraser Island too, good camping and fishing spot.
Also spent a couple of holidays at Harvey Bay, great places. :shade: don't
forget to pack your sunscreen and watch for sharks :ip:
yeah i agree wqith you WILL and XR6... Great place to Visit and all. i recomend it to every body.. Specially with a 4WD, though... :smile::smile: Makes it Alot more FUN!!!
LOL


Love Simon!!!
 
Member
Hi There!

It is a little embarrassing to say...BUT

I love daily living so much that I usually am glad for holidays to be over so that I can get back to regular living!
 

Similar threads


Top