Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

New Community Design

Thinking about doing a refresh design for Talk Jesus community here, possibly using a different software platform as well to replace the current. It'll still remain a "forum" software nonetheless. Please vote at this poll and share your feedback.

View Poll

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice
  3. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice

What's in your playlist lately?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Chad, Mar 19, 2015.

1. What songs have you been listening to lately?

Some of my current favs:

Hillsong Worship
    For King & Country
    Lecrae
    Andy Mineo
    Kari Jobe

LordKnows likes this.
  2. JesusGivesLifeMeaning likes this.
  3. I more Love to sing self , but if i listen Songs mostly from Reflex /Oslo and Voice of Joy/Haugesund, NO
    :)

4. Lately I've been listening to
    The News Boys
    Trisha Brock
    Phillips, Craig and Dean
    I also listen to Church hymns like - It is well with my soul, How Great Thou Art, Fill My Cup Lord,
    Mercy Me

5. Was listening to a Jason Grey song this morning... it really spoke to me...

If you want to love someone
    Search their soul for where it's broken
    Find the cracks and pour your heart in
    If you want to love someone

In every heart there is a hollow
    Locked against the pain it's known
    If there's a key, the key is sorrow
    Only a trusted hand can hold

.... I think this is what Jesus does. When He loves, He invests His heart into us.
    An old saying says.. only love can break a heart, but only love can mend it again.

Eph 5:2; ...walk in love, Just as Christ loved you.
    Loving others is sometimes hard.. loving them as Christ loved them... sometimes harder still...
    but that's what we are told to do.

I wonder... do we pour heart (soul, sweat, emotions, trust, compassion, prayers, etc... )
    into broken people. Or do we cast them aside because they are broken?

Coconut likes this.
  6. Lecrae is one of my favorites. T-Bone is good too. I like Casting Crowns Mercy Me & along those lines. But I am a Lecrae fan for sure.

Chad likes this.
  7. Absolutely love music ....

For King and Country
    United Pursuit
    Matt Maher
    Housefires version of Good Good Father
    Big Daddy Weave
    Lecrae

8. Lets see

The Skyrim OST because the music is instrumental mostly and very relaxing.
    Little Apple by Chopstick Brothers
    The Wolf by Fever Ray
    Same Old Love by Selena Gomez (I don't even like her other music really its just this song and two others)
    Civillian by Wye Oak

9. One of the most moving songs I have heard lately..

Another Soldier Down

We're in a mighty conflict here
    the army of the Lord
    we must join forces standing tall
    and lean upon his word
    the enemy is now in view
    and bravely circles round
    then comes the cry from the battle field
    another soldier down

go then with haste
    stand by his side
    and lend your strength once more
    go bear him up with faith & prayer
    until battle's o'er
    the fight before the victory
    the cross before the crown...

JohnP and Christ4Ever like this.
  10. HALLYSON .... you might like this one too :)

HAllyson and Coconut like this.
  11. Thank you @Ellie for sharing!! :D

12. ooohhh ... found another group I like! Rend Collective.... "build your kingdom here" "Joy of the Lord" ..."Every Giant Will Fall" .... cool

13. I like all forms of music, but am fondest of classical compositions, especially large symphonic works, such as Mahler's Eighth Symphony,"the Symphony of a Thousand," or his second symphony, "The Resurrection."

14. Heavy-duty brass all the way. Well, I play French horn, also studied orchestral conducting. I go for the big, and I mean big, symphonic works with huge choir, such as Verdi's "Requiem Mass." Love the "Dies Irae" (Day of Wrath).

HAllyson likes this.
  15. I've been listening to some hillsong, jesus culture and U2.

Then some slightly more secularised music such as Christy Moore, Luka Bloom, Bob Dylan, Belle and Sebastian, Talking Heads, David Bowie and The Smiths

Lynette Khristi likes this.
  16. I'm all over the map with my tastes, everything from worship music, country gospel, Christian rock and metal, etc. As a multi-instrumentalist, I love playing music, and different instruments lend themselves to different styles of music.

Lately, I've listened to some good Hillsong stuff, Gaither homecoming youtubes, the latest Stryper/Michael Sweet release (Golden Age) , to name a few.

17. I'm the same way. I use Pandora so I listen to Donnie Mcclurkin to Israel Marvin Woman's to R&B and some rap. All Tues. night up until. Weds. evening was worship. My spirit was heavy I felt like something bad was going to happen. I was crying and singing to the gospel music and then something said call your dad. My dad is like me we see things dream and God used used him Prophetically. He operated him gifts of the spirit but he fell stopped going to church and his gifts are just idile.

Sent from a mobile device
  18. Here's one that I added to my playlist not too long ago.

There are still so many out there who have yet to hear it.

It's called the Gospel by Ryan Stevenson