• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

What You Believe

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5 ESV

If what you believe leads to change in your thinking, can it also lead to change in the way you act? Consider this. If you believe that looking out for your own interests is your highest priority, it will change the way you think about other people—because no one will be more important in your thinking than you. When you think you are the most important, then it changes how you act toward others—because their needs will not provide any real motivation for you to help.

If you believe God is good, His love never fails, and He has never once given up the title of Faithful and True, then it changes how you think about god. It also changes how you think about yourself. God’s commands will have more meaning than your personal ambition. Other people will become more important than your handcrafted bucket list.

Belief always transforms thinking. Thinking always determines actions. Actions always speak the truth about what you believe.

Prayer: Dear God, I want to believe the right things so my thinking matches Your truth. May my actions prove that—more than just accepting an idea to consider—I have invited Your truth to actually change who I am. May my mind and heart agree that Your goodness, love, and faithfulness offer the change I’ve always needed.

Active
For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5 ESV

If what you believe leads to change in your thinking, can it also lead to change in the way you act? Consider this. If you believe that looking out for your own interests is your highest priority, it will change the way you think about other people—because no one will be more important in your thinking than you. When you think you are the most important, then it changes how you act toward others—because their needs will not provide any real motivation for you to help.

If you believe God is good, His love never fails, and He has never once given up the title of Faithful and True, then it changes how you think about god. It also changes how you think about yourself. God’s commands will have more meaning than your personal ambition. Other people will become more important than your handcrafted bucket list.

Belief always transforms thinking. Thinking always determines actions. Actions always speak the truth about what you believe.

Prayer: Dear God, I want to believe the right things so my thinking matches Your truth. May my actions prove that—more than just accepting an idea to consider—I have invited Your truth to actually change who I am. May my mind and heart agree that Your goodness, love, and faithfulness offer the change I’ve always needed.
Amen x

Loyal
Is this "always" true?

I believe eating less will make me lose weight... does that automatically make everyone eat less?
I believe if I stop smoking I'll be healthier, have more energy and live longer.... does that automatically make people quit smoking?

I believe God loves me, Jesus died for me, and I should behave like the Bible tells me I should.... does that automatically mean I will stop sinning?

I know many Christians that have prayed, cried, went to counseling, prayed some more, cried some more, given it to Jesus, joined accountability groups, joined AA, whatever the case might be...
They believe they can overcome this sin... but after 10, 15 even 20 years... they haven't.

The Israelites saw the plagues in Egypt. They put blood over their doors to protect them from the passover. They got Mannah from heaven, saw the Red sea parted, saw water come from a rock.
Surely they believed....

But then they built a golden calf.

Judas saw Jesus do miracles... the Bible says all 12 of the apostles did miracles. Surely He believed (at one time)... but did that keep him from betraying Jesus?

Last edited:
Loyal
James says "even the Demons believe". ... does that mean they will change their behavior?

Staff Member
Is this "always" true?

I believe eating less will make me lose weight... does that automatically make everyone eat less?
I believe if I stop smoking I'll be healthier, have more energy and live longer.... does that automatically make people quit smoking?

I believe God loves me, Jesus died for me, and I should behave like the Bible tells me I should.... does that automatically mean I will stop sinning?

I know many Christians that have prayed, cried, went to counseling, prayed some more, cried some more, given it to Jesus, joined accountability groups, joined AA, whatever the case might be...
They believe they can overcome this sin... but after 10, 15 even 20 years... they haven't.

The Israelites saw the plagues in Egypt. They put blood over their doors to protect them from the passover. They got Mannah from heaven, saw the Red sea parted, saw water come from a rock.
Surely they believed....

But then they built a golden calf.

Judas saw Jesus do miracles... the Bible says all 12 of the apostles did miracles. Surely He believed (at one time)... but did that keep him from betraying Jesus?
Hello Brother,
Been a while. :)

As far as the devotional goes. It assumes that you first have the faith to believe. What is that faith, that moves one to initially believe do? When we're talking Biblical/Religion, it should be that He is. Hebrews 11:6 without which the belief is false. That is the starting point for us. However, there are people who believe in the Devil as a savior, and also people who as you say, would believe eating less would make them lose weight. However, there is another observation to, "does it automatically make everyone eat less?". That is will a person actually lose weight if they do eat less? No guarantees brother except in the Lord. And as Judas provided out, maintaining one's faith which one can look to in the aforementioned verse, is the difference maker. I would have added 2 Thessalonians 2:3, because of "falling away", but there are enough questions to make one wonder what that phrase actually pertains to, so it's better not to.

The important part besides Psalm 100:5 is the prayer. I believe if you are to reread that part, it would then become clear, and we'd be in agreement. :)

Pray, all is going well with you and yours brother. May God continue to cover you, and bless you and yours.
With the Love of Christ Jesus. \o/
YBIC
Nick
<><