What Motivates you to Pray?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:4-5

You may be most likely to pray in a time of need, but your own circumstances shouldn’t be the first thing on your mind when you enter a time of worship or prayer. In fact, you may struggle to pray if you don’t approach God with thanksgiving and praise. Thanksgiving and praise keep your circumstances in proper perspective.

Why do you turn to God in prayer? Is it because of something you want? Or are you moved toward God because of His goodness, unfailing love, and faithfulness throughout the generations? Without a reality check into the love, goodness, and faithfulness of God, who knows which direction your prayers will go?

You come to God because you’re His beloved child. You come to God in prayer because He could never forget His own or leave His children behind. You come to God in prayer because you can trust His goodness, even if you can’t understand His place in your circumstances.

You have every reason to praise God as you enter into prayer. Skipping the praise that He is due could result in some very self-centered prayers that miss an understanding of how deeply God cares for you.

Loyal Member
I come into Gods PRESENCE and sit quietly....I feel no need to speak...I soak up His love for me, and let Him speak to me. Sometimes though, I feel like I should say something but what can I say to Him that He does not already know? So I soak in Him.....I'm missing something here.......

Staff member
Dear Brother @Bendito
You're not missing anything brother.
Still, one comes with Praises & Thanksgiving!
It's not about us, but about Him and though He knows our hearts. We desire to Glorify Him in all we do and say for He is Worthy of it.
So, even in Prayer, but probably especially in Prayer, for we rarely come before him in other circumstances. We let Him know that we appreciate Him!
Still, as you do. We long to have communion and just plain hangout with Him! Then it's not about petitions, but just plain fellowship, which just the thought of is a "WOW"! (My way of saying speechless and unable to describe experience.)

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on this dear brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal Member
Dear Brother @Bendito
You're not missing anything brother.
Still, one comes with Praises & Thanksgiving!
It's not about us, but about Him and though He knows our hearts. We desire to Glorify Him in all we do and say for He is Worthy of it.
So, even in Prayer, but probably especially in Prayer, for we rarely come before him in other circumstances. We let Him know that we appreciate Him!
Still, as you do. We long to have communion and just plain hangout with Him! Then it's not about petitions, but just plain fellowship, which just the thought of is a "WOW"! (My way of saying speechless and unable to describe experience.)

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts on this dear brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
Feeling a bit poetic today....LOL We come into His PRESENCE just to honor Him...Let Him lead.