• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Active
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!

I think we all love God for many of the same reasons. If I could only use one line to express that love it would have to be this,

1 John 4:19

"We love him, because he first loved us."

Of course, this is referring to God's first initiation of love toward us in His plan of redemption for mankind. Which I am the most thankful for.

Staff Member
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!
Hello Walter45,
First, I will welcome you to Talk Jesus an online community of Jesus Christ Believers.
I hope you will find fellowship and growth in God's Word while here.

Second, as to the question posed by the Thread Title...well, Brother Charlie24 hit it right on the head in quoting 1 John 4:19, because could we even begin to understand "Love" without knowing His Love first? Oh, we surely think we do, there is no doubt. Just ask anyone in the World and they'll tell you! :rolleyes:

My sentence if not from 1 John 4:19, must then be John 3:16 :)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

There is so much in the above verse, that one could talk on it for hours and still not touch on the nuances that are brought to mind of our God, our Lord & Savior and His Love!

Nice first post. Again, be welcomed!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
I love God because He showed the greatest act of love for me that he could, on the cross.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend.

For all eternity we need not doubt His love for us. I just hope I can sufficiently reciprocate the love.

What a beautiful question.

It is because He replaces us. As we are becoming children of light, He replaces us, cause He is that light. That light is love.God is Love.

(I wrote now from the perspective of the time dimension on earth, when I wrote becoming children of light, in heaven all is forever, and I have been instructed by God to tell those who wants to know, that the ones who choose the light, is the light) Getting baptized is choosing the light, killing the old man, choosing to be replaced by God when done right.

When we are totally replaced by His light we are in heaven, Heaven is where God is, and God is light, God is Love.

Thus the son of man comes with the lightning.

It is so beautiful to be replaced by God, to be replaced by He who is good, to get away from all dirt, to see and feel pure ecstasy and Love. Humans are not capable of Love. When we truly Love, we are replaced by God who is Love.

7Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love

5And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you: God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.