• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

What Is The Work Of God?

Active
What is a believer's work in God?
Is a believer's work to only believe that Jesus Christ exist?

John 6:28
Then said they unto Jesus, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Loyal

John 6:28
Then said they unto Jesus, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Even so, but what does belief require from us? What does God require from us if we are really believers? Remember that the devils believed, but they missed out. What makes the difference?

Loyal
Neither of those verses have the word "only". The Bible warns about adding and taking away words that change the meaning.

Also believing "in Jesus" is MUCH more than simply believing a person named Jesus existed.

It's believing in who He was, what He was, His sinless life, His resurrection, believing and obeying the things He taught.

If you say I believe in someone... but I don't believe in any of the things they said... you don't really believe in them.

Jas 2:20; But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
Jas 2:24; You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

It is indeed a "work" for us to believe in Jesus.... but nowhere does it say it's the ONLY work.

Active
@amadeus2, @B-A-C,
Both of these answers are correct. I asked this question because there are many believers that believe Jesus did the work for sin, but also became obedient for every believer and the believer has no responsibility.

B-A-C, you said,

Neither of those verses have the word "only". The Bible warns about adding and taking away words that change the meaning.
I'm trying to understand your point in this response? I asked a question and added some scriptures. Where is the error of "adding or taking away scripture?"

Loyal
I'm trying to understand your point in this response? I asked a question and added some scriptures. Where is the error of "adding or taking away scripture?"
In the last paragraph of the last chapter of the last book in the Bible.

Rev 22:18; I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;
Rev 22:19; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

@regibassman57

The Foundation God set up is Appreciation ; He showed his love / appreciation towards us. Therefore Heb 13:9

The work is returning the appreciation by accepting his son and allowing his spirit to dwell within. "law and the prophets"

Seeking him out thru his son that declared him and performing our duty. "Ecc 12:13" & Joh 15:14

So with Grace and Faith the foundation and gift of God; the work is returning that appreciation by establishing the law in spirit and truth. Rom 3:31

not with a yoke of iron but in spirit and in truth. Joh 4:23

Not neccesarilly all at once but what you can bear and increasing daily with the increase being of God. With cleansing your mind and temple by abstaining from certain works of the flesh and seeking him out being expeident. Act 15:19- 21 & Heb 11:6