• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is the Word of God that binds up our souls?

Loyal
Not looking for a verse to answer this. Not looking for anything really. Just want everyone to think about the flesh and BLOOD of Jesus that we are to ingest.

Is not the flesh of Jesus, God's written word?

Is not the blood of Jesus, the quickening of the Holy Spirit?

Why is ingesting both important?

Just want everyone to think deeply on this truth.

Loyal
Not looking for a verse to answer this. Not looking for anything really. Just want everyone to think about the flesh and BLOOD of Jesus that we are to ingest.

Is not the flesh of Jesus, God's written word?

Is not the blood of Jesus, the quickening of the Holy Spirit?

Why is ingesting both important?

Just want everyone to think deeply on this truth.

I agree that the flesh is the Word
The blood is the blood off the covenant between Jesus and the Father...Of which we are beneficiaries

I find it interesting that us white folk know so little of covenant, and the power thereof

Loyal
The blood is the blood off the covenant between Jesus and the Father...Of which we are beneficiaries

I find it interesting that us white folk know so little of covenant, and the power thereof
So you don't think the blood is the work of the Holy Spirit in us huh? Since you are sure of this, show me scripture that supports your answer, and exactly what it is that the blood of the covenant is, if not the Holy Spirit working inside us.

Loyal

The problem I see for "white folk" is that more commonly they have so much compared to what other folk have or have had that they really don't what it means to do without.We [the white folk] are for the most part spoiled. My mother told me stories of her childhood shortages, but she worked very hard in her way to assure that her children (including me of course) always had the basics of food, clothing and shelter.

In her day, my mother was a great speller in the state of Oklahoma and won the right to attend the State Spelling bee in Oklahoma City for the championship. She was embarrassed because she had to go barefoot for she did not own a pair of shoes. [She did win the spelling bee by the way without any shoes.] I always had shoes plus. Give God the glory.

On the OP, there is no doubt in my mind that Life [which Jesus is] which we have is completely dependent on eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus. We never miss a natural meal (meat and potatoes or whatever) at least two or three times a days along with as many snacks as we can handle. if we can help it.

We do so much for the flesh of our old man, but what are we doing to nourish the "new man", the "born again" man so that he will LIVE and GROW?

"He must increase, but I must decrease. " John 3:30

The "He" is the Word of God [Jesus or the new man] in us and the "I" is the old man that ultimately will die. Let us kill the old man a little faster so that he will not continue to fight against the new man for space available...

Do we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus every day? If not, why not? We surely don't miss our meat and potatoes and goodies every day to
maintain and even to fatten up our gluttonous flesh, do we?

Loyal
So you don't think the blood is the work of the Holy Spirit in us huh? Since you are sure of this, show me scripture that supports your answer, and exactly what it is that the blood of the covenant is, if not the Holy Spirit working inside us.
So many references to the blood refers to Covenant....The atoning blood

Matthew 26:28 (CJB)

28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven.

Hebrews 10:29 (CJB)

29 Think how much worse will be the punishment deserved by someone who has trampled underfoot the Son of God; who has treated as something common the blood of the covenant[a] which made him holy; and who has insulted the Spirit, giver of God’s grace!

Hebrews 12:24 (CJB)

24 to the mediator of a new covenant, Yeshua; and to the sprinkled blood that speaks better things than that of Hevel.

Hebrews 13:20-21 (CJB)

20 The God of shalom brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Yeshua, by the blood of an eternal covenant. 21 May that God equip you with every good thing you need to do his will; and may he do in us whatever pleases him, through Yeshua the Messiah. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen

I took these only from the New Covenant...There are more in the Old Covenant for you to find

Brad, we are covenant people...We are vitally attached to the Father by the covenant between Jesus and the Father..That covenant was ratified by the blood of Jesus....As I said in another post We've become 'too civilized' to recognize a covenant.

Loyal
The problem I see for "white folk" is that more commonly they have so much compared to what other folk have or have had that they really don't what it means to do without.We [the white folk] are for the most part spoiled. My mother told me stories of her childhood shortages, but she worked very hard in her way to assure that her children (including me of course) always had the basics of food, clothing and shelter.

In her day, my mother was a great speller in the state of Oklahoma and won the right to attend the State Spelling bee in Oklahoma City for the championship. She was embarrassed because she had to go barefoot for she did not own a pair of shoes. [She did win the spelling bee by the way without any shoes.] I always had shoes plus. Give God the glory.

On the OP, there is no doubt in my mind that Life [which Jesus is] which we have is completely dependent on eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus. We never miss a natural meal (meat and potatoes or whatever) at least two or three times a days along with as many snacks as we can handle. if we can help it.

We do so much for the flesh of our old man, but what are we doing to nourish the "new man", the "born again" man so that he will LIVE and GROW?

"He must increase, but I must decrease. " John 3:30

The "He" is the Word of God [Jesus or the new man] in us and the "I" is the old man that ultimately will die. Let us kill the old man a little faster so that he will not continue to fight against the new man for space available...

Do we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus every day? If not, why not? We surely don't miss our meat and potatoes and goodies every day to
maintain and even to fatten up our gluttonous flesh, do we?

LOL Oh my dear friend...I should not have worded it that way...ROFL I had no intent of making it a race thing....But we are, indeed, a spoiled and selfish lot...We've come to the place where covenant is only something to break...and we live for only ourselves .........

Loyal
So many references to the blood refers to Covenant....The atoning blood

28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven.

This was written at the time of the last supper, written about the wine they shared, not about his actual blood, that they drank. He was speaking spiritually then, about the infilling of the HOLY SPIRIT, and how it will GUIDE us in all things. And how the covenant with us is BASED upon that, not about trying to be good on our own anymore, but with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.

29 Think how much worse will be the punishment deserved by someone who has trampled underfoot the Son of God; who has treated as something common the blood of the covenant[a] which made him holy; and who has insulted the Spirit, giver of God’s grace!

Again it says it here CLEARLY, made common the blood of the covenant, the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:24 (CJB)

24 to the mediator of a new covenant, Yeshua; and to the sprinkled blood that speaks better things than that of Hevel.

Here it is contrasting the old covenant to the new and the sprinkled blood (which we don't have blood sprinkled on us to save us, its SPIRITUAL sprinkling of the Holy Spirit, teaching us bit by bit, hence the sprinkling, to be more Holy)

Hebrews 13:20-21 (CJB)

20 The God of shalom brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Yeshua, by the blood of an eternal covenant. 21 May that God equip you with every good thing you need to do his will; and may he do in us whatever pleases him, through Yeshua the Messiah. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen

NASB 20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

This is part of Paul's benediction to his letter recipients. Again speaking of the Holy Spirit (which is part of the trinity) in us which equips us IF we utilize the Holy Spirit to be our guide to be more pleasing to Jesus. Its clear to me, I just don't understand how it cannot be to you. Surely you can see how the word of God in scripture does not motivate everyone to be a part of the kingdom of God, only those called and who does the calling.... the Holy Spirit. The old versus the new way, the jews were not able to please God on their own strength although they thought they could, it takes the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit to guide us, that's the NEW Covenant.

Loyal
This was written at the time of the last supper, written about the wine they shared, not about his actual blood, that they drank. He was speaking spiritually then, about the infilling of the HOLY SPIRIT, and how it will GUIDE us in all things. And how the covenant with us is BASED upon that, not about trying to be good on our own anymore, but with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Again it says it here CLEARLY, made common the blood of the covenant, the Holy Spirit.

Here it is contrasting the old covenant to the new and the sprinkled blood (which we don't have blood sprinkled on us to save us, its SPIRITUAL sprinkling of the Holy Spirit, teaching us bit by bit, hence the sprinkling, to be more Holy)

NASB 20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

This is part of Paul's benediction to his letter recipients. Again speaking of the Holy Spirit (which is part of the trinity) in us which equips us IF we utilize the Holy Spirit to be our guide to be more pleasing to Jesus. Its clear to me, I just don't understand how it cannot be to you. Surely you can see how the word of God in scripture does not motivate everyone to be a part of the kingdom of God, only those called and who does the calling.... the Holy Spirit. The old versus the new way, the jews were not able to please God on their own strength although they thought they could, it takes the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit to guide us, that's the NEW Covenant.

How did Jesus ratify this New Covenant that we live in/under? Yup..With His blood....That's what we are to keep in mind in all things Always

Loyal

Omgoodness! Do you understand what you've said here?

28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven. This was written at the time of the last supper, written about the wine they shared, not about his actual blood, that they drank. He was speaking spiritually then, about the infilling of the HOLY SPIRIT, and how it will GUIDE us in all things. And how the covenant with us is BASED upon that, not about trying to be good on our own anymore, but with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Jesus was taking about his blood..not the wine If Jesus was talking about the wine, why did He call it blood? That's just silly. He was talking about 'this is my body which is broken for you...This is my blood which is shed to ratify the new covenant....You should read it again...He did not even mention the Holy Spirit

Again it says clearly, how bad it will be for someone, who treats as common, the shed blood that ratified the covenant.. Where do you draw your conclusions from? He said that by doing so you would insult the Holy Spirit Jesus does NOT say that the blood is the Holy Spirit.

I'm going to stop here Brad...You really need to seek out the Holy Spirit and His teaching...You need to spend major time in reading the Word and seeing SEEING what it says...And let the Holy Spirit guide you....

Why am I stopping? He told me to...ask Him why

Loyal
Please allow me to just give speak along these lines as I see them.

The most important part of being a human being, is having a purpose as to why we exist. No body does anything in their life until they first have a purpose or reason why do do them. The Lord God is no different, because it is from him we get our purpose from, and he (God) does nothing with out first having a purpose either.

We know what God's purpose was for Jesus Christ as it says, “All things were made by him, and they were made for him” (John 1:3) (Col 1:16) Sense everything was made by him, and for him, this would be the same reason why man was brought forth as being Jesus's body!!! He is the head, and we are his body!!

How to get this understanding into his body (his Church, his man) can only be by “eating”, and “drinking his blood”. Words give purpose, and purpose gives life to that purpose. It is interesting that Jesus said this about where he gets his life (purpose) from.......

John 6:57 Just as the living Father sent Me and I live by (through, because of) the Father, even so whoever continues to feed on Me [whoever takes Me for his food and is nourished by Me] shall [in his turn] live through and because of Me.

The man Jesus derived his life from the purpose in which his Father sent him. Jesus then tells us that we will derive our life from him as we eat his Words which gives us our purpose, which gives life. Jesus also eats words, which was his meat.....

John 4:34 Jesus said to them, My food (nourishment) is to do the will (pleasure) of Him Who sent Me and to accomplish and completely finish His work. (AMP)

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. (KJV)

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Our life comes from our purpose, which is communicated to us by Words. (Word of God)

Loyal
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Lev 17:11

Yes, the life of the flesh is in the blood, but what animal had/has the LIFE of which Jesus spoke?

"For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" Heb 9:13-14

The first sacrifices under Levitical law were but shadows or types of the final sacrifice of Jesus after which no further sacrifice was needed.

The blood that Jesus shed from his body of flesh was the "life" of that flesh. Every man born of woman has that "life" until he breathes his last breath, but the "LIFE" of which Jesus speaks of in John 14:6 is more than that and different than that. It is the "LIFE" of the new man mentioned by Paul. The "life" is no more than the "old man" of each of us which needs to die.

The natural 10 pints of so of human blood of Jesus shed on the cross was a worthy sacrifice because unlike the blood of every other man it was not tainted with sin, but it was not the source of LIFE. The source of LIFE was and is the HOLY SPIRIT which He also shed it poured it out to be received in the hearts of men beginning with the experiences we read in Acts chapter 2. I believe it is this Spirit that we must drink, the LIFE giving blood of Jesus. This Holy Spirit gives LIFE as per II Cor 3:6.

The life blood of the "old man" of each of us is tainted, defiled by sin, so our old corruptible and corrupted bodies will die. But, the "new man" of us lives because of the new "blood" which is the Holy Spirit in us.

Loyal

Again it says clearly, how bad it will be for someone, who treats as common, the shed blood that ratified the covenant.. Where do you draw your conclusions from? He said that by doing so you would insult the Holy Spirit Jesus does NOT say that the blood is the Holy Spirit.

I don't usually get into Bible translation differences much as we should be guided by the Holy Spirit in our reading scripture in any case, but you emphasized the word "ratified" in Matt 26:28 above. I don't know what CJB stands for, but my KJV and several other translations don't use the word or any word that I can see as corresponding to it. Below is the King James Version:

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Perhaps I am dense on this point. Could you please clarify where the word comes from and why it has seemingly been inserted into that translation. Thanks for your consideration.

Loyal
I don't usually get into Bible translation differences much as we should be guided by the Holy Spirit in our reading scripture in any case, but you emphasized the word "ratified" in Matt 26:28 above. I don't know what CJB stands for, but my KJV and several other translations don't use the word or any word that I can see as corresponding to it. Below is the King James Version:

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Perhaps I am dense on this point. Could you please clarify where the word comes from and why it has seemingly been inserted into that translation. Thanks for your consideration.

Loyal
Omgoodness! Do you understand what you've said here?

I'm going to stop here Brad...You really need to seek out the Holy Spirit and His teaching...You need to spend major time in reading the Word and seeing SEEING what it says...And let the Holy Spirit guide you....

Why am I stopping? He told me to...ask Him why

I value the Holy Spirit more than most do. Its the point of the whole thread. Far too many Christians would rather argue about the meaning of scripture than allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. I do let the Holy Spirit guide me regularly, the Holy Spirit wanted me to speak about it. Not sure why you speak out against people allowing the Holy Spirit to fill us regularly, and resort to arguing that scripture says and means such and such, and then say that I need to let the Holy Spirit guide me. The Holy Spirit does guide me and I told you why your verses didn't apply to your argument against the Holy Spirit being the Spiritual Blood of the Covenant, and to Live by the Spirit. I worry about you Bendito. You are a smart man, but not smarter than the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
I value the Holy Spirit more than most do. Its the point of the whole thread. Far too many Christians would rather argue about the meaning of scripture than allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. I do let the Holy Spirit guide me regularly, the Holy Spirit wanted me to speak about it. Not sure why you speak out against people allowing the Holy Spirit to fill us regularly, and resort to arguing that scripture says and means such and such, and then say that I need to let the Holy Spirit guide me. The Holy Spirit does guide me and I told you why your verses didn't apply to your argument against the Holy Spirit being the Spiritual Blood of the Covenant, and to Live by the Spirit. I worry about you Bendito. You are a smart man, but not smarter than the Holy Spirit.
It appears, Brad, that you and I are speaking different languages...I'm speaking as clearly as I know how..so I don't understand why you would think I'm talking against the Holy Spirit... We do need Him, all the time! Please read what I write, think about it, pray about it, then formulate your answer...

Loyal
Its a bit controlling to refuse to share here, and start your own thread. I wont be joining it. And you are not the master of the written word or the Holy Spirit, get over yourself.

Of course, Brad, you have a right to do as you wish...Do you want me to dump about ten pages of teaching here on covenant? Or would it be more convenient to go to that thread?
I really don't understand why you are being so angry, and judgmental....Can you tell me? Who made you judge?

Loyal
"Physical" things do have a "spiritual" counters part connected to them. there is the literal "Body", and "blood" of Jesus Christ that was given to the Church for our healing, salvation, and forgiveness of sins. We also have the spiritual "body" (Word of God), and "blood" (Holy Spirit that gives life) of Jesus Christ that we eat, and drink of for spiritual life. Jesus was always referring to drinking a living water in, and that same water flowing out of man's belly like a river. He referred to this as the Holy Spirit. The literal "blood" of Jesus was for the forgiveness of sin. "without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins.", and for the instituting a new covenant that is everlasting. This blood is right now sprinkled upon the mercy seat of God in Heaven which Jesus brought in himself at his resurrection. (Hebrews 9:12)

The literal blood of Jesus was the only way an imperfect being (us) could live and dwell inside a perfect being (God). There can be no true intimacy between two people if there is any conscience of offense between the two. The blood covers our sin(s), and God remembers them no more. Many years ago while I was reading this verse......

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Lord said, "there are two parts to this scripture". "when you confess your sin(s) I will forgive you your sins. (Sin is always against God), and I will remember them no more, and then the next part, I will cleanse you from all unrighteousness"

There is no way we can come "boldly" to the throne room of grace if there is any conscience of sin(s). The blood is the only way to cleanse our conscience, and the only way God would forgive us, and cause him not to remember them anymore.

Loyal
I am curious... where does the phrase "the Word of God that binds up our souls" appear in the Bible? Or is this just another "Bibleism"?