• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Peace and blessings to those in the body of Christ, my name is Jeremy. I am a traveler on the narrow path. I was called by the LORD in the ninth month of 2014. He spoke again to me in the third month of 2018. The title of this thread is the question the LORD asked me via the holyghost alive in me.

I reflexively replied, “hate”. To which the LORD said, “No. the opposite of Love is not hate.”

He went on to explain via the holyghost in me that John 3:16 is the DNA of God. He transformed the familiar scripture into an almost formulaic equation. He said, “Love is giving to the point of sacrificing self for the benefit of others.” I said, “So the opposite of that would be taking to the point of sacrificing others for one’s own benefit. In a word, selfishness.

The LORD went on to further reveal that selfishness is a symptom of something deeper, much like giving is a characteristic of Love. The spiritual origin of selfishness is what we call narcissism, He revealed. An over prioritization of self at the expense of other’s for one’s own benefit. And this is also the mystery of lawlessness. Mystery no more, lawlessness is the result of having the opposite nature of Love, which is not hate, but narcissism. All Glory to Yeshua Hamashiach

So very true as really hate is too much of a four letter word. Use dislike usually though need to use it all the time if I don't like something.