• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is the Kingdom of God

Loyal
Will Jesus be King in the Kingdom of God

For a while at least.

1 Cor 15:24; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

God will be king of His kingdom and Jesus will be seated at His right hand.

Hebrews 12:2 (MEV) "Let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

Loyal
Keep in mind there are tares, and bad fish "in the current kingdom"... that will eventually be "taken out of" the kingdom.

Matt 13:24; Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
Matt 13:25; "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.

Matt 13:41; "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,

Matt 13:47; "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet cast into the sea, and gathering fish of every kind;
Matt 13:48; and when it was filled, they drew it up on the beach; and they sat down and gathered the good fish into containers, but the bad they threw away.
Matt 13:49; "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous,

God will be king of His kingdom and Jesus will be seated at His right hand.

Hebrews 12:2 (MEV) "Let us look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

the Christ will be King
Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

In The Thousand Year Reign Christ will be King of the world.

It begins at the end of the 7 year tribulation.

The twelve apostles will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel.

Those of the uncircumcised who have survived the tribulation will be commanded to go to Jerusalem once a year to worship the King and celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

For a while at least.

1 Cor 15:24; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
The kingdom of God is where ever Jesus' domain is. We shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever the Bible says, so anywhere Jesus is we will be I'm assuming. It says in John that Jesus will NEVER leave us nor forsake us... and also it says ...absent from the body present before the Lord.

Loyal
The kingdom of God is where ever Jesus' domain is. We shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever the Bible says, so anywhere Jesus is we will be I'm assuming. It says in John that Jesus will NEVER leave us nor forsake us... and also it says ...absent from the body present before the Lord.

It doesn't say it in John, it says it in Hebrews 13:5; Jesus Himself never says that in the Bible (you could argue that God said it)
So then what scipture is this verse quoting? Deut 31:6;

Keep in mind, although God never "left or forsook" the Sons of Israel in the wilderness, most of them didn't make it to the "promised land". ( a place of rest )
and while they were in the wilderness, many of them left and forsook Him.

Jdg 2:12; and they forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods from among the gods of the peoples who were around them, and bowed themselves down to them; thus they provoked the LORD to anger.

Jdg 10:6; Then the sons of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, served the Baals and the Ashtaroth, the gods of Aram, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the sons of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines; thus they forsook the LORD and did not serve Him.

2 Kings 21:22; So he forsook the LORD, the God of his fathers, and did not walk in the way of the LORD.

2 Chron 7:22; "And they will say, 'Because they forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers who brought them from the land of Egypt, and they adopted other gods and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this adversity on them.'"

Neh 9:26; "But they became disobedient and rebelled against You, And cast Your law behind their backs And killed Your prophets who had admonished them So that they might return to You, And they committed great blasphemies.

...back to Hebrews ans the promised land...

Heb 4:1; Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it.
Heb 4:2; For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.
Heb 4:3; For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, "AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST," although His works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4; For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS";
Heb 4:5; and again in this passage, "THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST."
Heb 4:6; Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience,
Heb 4:7; He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS."

The Kingdom is promised to the Jews.

Jesus said " my kingdom Is not of this world"

Jesus will return to fulfill the promises made to the fathers from the Old Testament.

The earth belongs to the prince of the air, Satan.

After the 7 year tribulation Satan will be bound for 1000 years.

The Lord Becomes King of the whole world. Zechariah 14:9.

Jesus told the twelve, "you will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel.

there will be survivors on earth after the plague kills much of people. Zechariah 14

they are commanded to come once a year to worship the King and celebrate the feast of tabernacles. also in Zech. 14

but as for the Christians, We are in the Body of Christ, Jesus is the Head.

Loyal
Technically He said "judge" them, not "rule over" them.

Matt 19:28; And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Luke 22:30; that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Technically He said "judge" them, not "rule over" them.

Matt 19:28; And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Luke 22:30; that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That's right, you got it.

With the understanding that the Kingdom starts at Jesus' 2nd coming.
Jesus told Nicodemus "you should know this.
Then we can understand what Jesus was saying to Nicodemus when He said," no one can see the Kingdom unless he is born again".
The 12 apostles will be brought back to judge (like you said) the 12 tribes of Israel. Jesus said they would. They will be born again
And No one can enter the Kingdom until they are born again.
Why, because the 2nd coming has not happened yet. That's why we can't see it or enter it.

Don't think this is far fetched. With God nothing is impossible. Read it literally Just as Nicodemus understood it.

Proverbs 14: 12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man .....but don't go against God