• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

What is the gospel of our salvation

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

What is the Gospel of "Our"Salvation? Faith plus nothing. Faith in the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Christ on the Cross. If within our bodies we truly believe in this the Holy Spirit indwells within us and leads us in becoming
a "New Person" Born Again in the grace and mercy given to us. I applaud Chad, maintaining this social site, and bringing people into the Body, of which Christ is the head of. I'm saddened of many who shun the scriptures that apply to the Body, going along with "Religious Churches" who set times, days and other rules to abide by and ignoring true Gospel that applies to us and saves us. I stand fully in the Gospel of Paul as the Apostle of us, the Gentiles as we are known in the scriptures as well as other names.

Staff Member
Greetings @daltonL

Your post was moved from the News Stand, Support This Ministry thread to here.

Its a more appropriate frorum and you will be likely to get more responses.

How wonderfully this verse encapsulates the good news of our salvation.....

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Active
In the 40+ years I have been a born again Christian I have never been inside of a group of believers who actually proclaim the full Gospel of our salvation. The basic standard Gospel we always hear is that Jesus died for us on the cross, and was he raised from the dead for our justification. Thank God for Jesus's death burial and resurrection!! What we never hear is that not only did Jesus die on the cross, we also died with him on the same cross two thousand years ago. (Gal 2:20)
But, that is not all, we also were raised up together with him in his resurrection, and we are right now sitting on the right had of God in Christ!! (Eph 2:4-6) This is a major part of the Gospel of our salvation.

Col 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Col 3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

I don't know anyone who actually believes this even though this is exactly what the word of God (the Gospel, good news) says!!! It almost sounds like bad news to most people especially those who are called believers! The Gospel of our salvation can not be taught with out telling all of the good news of what has happened to his Church!

Hi guys May the force b with u...even though I’m a Star Trek fan (so, also, live long and prosper.
I’m new to this forum sight but long time follower of Christ. I Pastor a church of about 300 and will in a couple of months semi-retire. I’m participating here to c what the body has learned about our great God and savior Jesus Christ and to learn from its members.
So...break down what John 3:16 means to u..in this sense: Isaiah 9:6, a child is born but a son was given. Contrast that with John 3:16 which says God “gave” his son not the child.
Im interested to hear and learn from fellow believers. Thanks guys.

Active
Hi guys May the force b with u...even though I’m a Star Trek fan (so, also, live long and prosper.
I’m new to this forum sight but long time follower of Christ. I Pastor a church of about 300 and will in a couple of months semi-retire. I’m participating here to c what the body has learned about our great God and savior Jesus Christ and to learn from its members.
So...break down what John 3:16 means to u..in this sense: Isaiah 9:6, a child is born but a son was given. Contrast that with John 3:16 which says God “gave” his son not the child.
Im interested to hear and learn from fellow believers. Thanks guys.
This is what it means to me.....

Isa 9:6 For unto us a CHILD IS BORN, unto us A SON IS GIVEN.....

A “child is born”, but “a Son is given” The Son given is Christ the Lord who has no beginning, or end. A child born has a beginning, and has an end when he dies. God took himself who is eternal and became a child born who had a beginning! The eternal God who became subject to time in a fleshly body, that gets old over time.

“God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son......” (John 3:16)

This is a great mystery in how an eternal God who created all things and became a part of his own creation by taking on flesh and blood so he could save man whom he had formed from the dust of the earth, and brought to life by the breath of his mouth.

1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but A BODY HAST THOU PREPARED ME:

The CHILD WHICH WAS BORN of a virgin was the body God had prepared for his SON WHOM WAS GIVEN!

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then AS THE CHILDREN ARE PARTAKERS OF FLESH AND BLOOD, HE ALSO HIMSELF LIKEWISE TOOK PART OF THE SAME; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

God became something that he was not, yet he remained who he was! 100% God, 100% man. A God-man. The CHILD BORN grew in wisdom, and in stature,(Luke 2:40) yet, the SON GIVEN never changed because God changes not! (Mal 3:6) (Heb 13:8)

John 1:1, In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.

John 1:14 And THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 0
Quantrill Bible Discussions 63
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0