• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming?

Active
When one doesn't understand prophetic scripture, yet presumes to, he often tends toward aggression in his communication with those who do understand prophecy, covenants and God's dispensations.

Now THAT'S sad.

When one doesn't understand prophetic scripture, yet presumes to, he often tends toward aggression in his communication with those who do understand prophecy, covenants and God's dispensations.

Now THAT'S sad.

Well if I offended u , let me
apologize and say I'm sorry.

But I believe its the truth that
offends you , and if so I will not apologize for that.

They was many people who got offended , at the things Jesus said, why because it was the truth.

Active
People offend, but I drink in the truth fed to me by Holy Spirit through God's perfect word. That's never offensive to those who are given His gift of understanding. The truth only offends those who reject it.

Loyal
People offend, but I drink in the truth fed to me by Holy Spirit through God's perfect word. That's never offensive to those who are given His gift of understanding. The truth only offends those who reject it.
And most likely all of us here do it reject it at times. The good thing is that God is merciful. The bad thing is that there is a limit to His mercy. Hopefully, none of us are pushing the limit.

Active
And most likely all of us here do it reject it at times. The good thing is that God is merciful. The bad thing is that there is a limit to His mercy. Hopefully, none of us are pushing the limit.

Why don't you share with us where the limit of God's mercy lies?

Loyal
Why don't you share with us where the limit of God's mercy lies?

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:" Numbers 14:22-23

Ten times, yet consider Moses who tempted God once:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them." Numbers 20:12

"But then in the NT Peter asks:Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." Matt 18:21-22

To the man, Jesus said 7 times 70 meaning no really definite number that is certainly God's answer to your question. There is definite number generally, but specifically as we saw with the Israelites and Moses there is definite limit. How does God decide what a man's limit is?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

This is the reason why no man is qualified to render a final judgment on the totality of a man's life as seen by God. God knows exactly what He has given each man and He knows exactly what each man has done with what he has received.

Active
"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:" Numbers 14:22-23

Ten times, yet consider Moses who tempted God once:

"And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them." Numbers 20:12

"But then in the NT Peter asks:Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." Matt 18:21-22

To the man, Jesus said 7 times 70 meaning no really definite number that is certainly God's answer to your question. There is definite number generally, but specifically as we saw with the Israelites and Moses there is definite limit. How does God decide what a man's limit is?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

This is the reason why no man is qualified to render a final judgment on the totality of a man's life as seen by God. God knows exactly what He has given each man and He knows exactly what each man has done with what he has received.

Nothing there teaches that God has an end to His mercy. The only time His mercy runs out is at Judgment.

Loyal
Nothing there teaches that God has an end to His mercy. The only time His mercy runs out is at Judgment.

So then when God finally judges you or me and the dirt is shoveled on our faces, what further mercy is to be shown that has not already been accorded?