• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

What is the best bible story for rejection and loneliness ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Top Poster Of Month
1st we don’t know what you are going through or been through. If you are referring to a story in the Bible. Now this is not being mean. Start from Genesis and read the whole book❤ That is how it is done with us. We always begin a novel at the Beginning because if you don’t , you will never understand the ending and the characters in between❤ Guaranteed you will come across what you need❤

Active
I got a testimony for you.
Years ago, maybe 15, I was headed to church from work and praying in tongues as was my norm and the Lord spoke to me to go and say something to someone. Well I went on to church and near the end of the Wednesday night session I tried to say what he had said to me to a small group and I couldn't get it out for the crying and I was about 40 and a guy, not my norm. So I went to the place to meet this young woman I had never seen before but had been told that day by my wife what was going on. I really didn't know why she felt the need to tell me what she did (the wife) as it was no business of mine, or so I thought.
So to set the stage. The young woman had just been kicked out of her boyfriends place with a 4 year old daughter and had nothing but the clothes on her back.
Her boyfriend had called her many many names and made her feel like trash to be polite. She came to stay with a neighbor of mine about a mile away. We lived in the country and that was my closest neighbor. So when I showed up to my neighbors house I knocked and "come on in" was shouted, and in I went. Well I see this woman sitting in a chair, early 20's, teary eyed, worried, somewhat distraught. I asked her if she was whatever her name was I have forgotten. She says yes, so I said to her "This may be hard for you to believe but the Lord has sent me to tell you to make a list of all the things that you will need to set up your new home. Bring it up to my house in the morning and we will pray over it and watch his work." The next morning she and the neighbor lady, who was a stripper, were at my front door with a legal pad with most of the first page full of items. We prayed that all items on the list would be provided for her in the Lords time and manner he saw fit. Well, I told my wife to not do anything because I wanted to see how this would come to pass. Within roughly 2 weeks everything on her list and a lot more were in her new home that was also provided by the Lord. She was provided with just about everything you could imagine for filling up a completely empty house and CASH to boot. I think I told a total of 4 people about the experience because I really wanted to see the Lord work. I was getting calls within a day or two from people who had beds, washing machines, dishes, you name it. And the strange part was that they had been praying over what to do with the stuff they did not want to pay mini storage bills on any more. Long story, tried to condense it, but I need to say this one last bit. The woman, after she was booted from her boyfriends house, whom by the way they were using medications not prescribed or even legal to possess in the US if you get my meaning. She in her despair turned to God and prayed, not well, for she asked that her boyfriend would have any kind of
experience that would make him feel the way she felt. I'm sure she didn't tell me all of it but you get the drift.
In short the EVIL that befell her caused her to turn to the Lord with her whole heart and in return he showed himself to her as to say
everything is OK. I got you covered. Once by my statement, and the second by fulfilling the promise he gave me to give to her. We have all heard that the Lord moves or works in mysterious ways and the truth of her situation was that her boyfriend was moved, by the Lord, to inflict psychological pain upon her to get her to turn to the only person that would or could help her and that was the Lord. Call it a Judgement call on his behalf. Can't finish the story as we moved not long after that so I don't know what happened after we left.
Hope that helps.
And if not then read the short story concerning Hagar and Ishmael.

Active
If you're still feeling a bit lonely and want a chat, feel free to send me a pm and I'll start the ball rolling

If you're still feeling a bit lonely and want a chat, feel free to send me a pm and I'll start the ball rolling
Hello everyone. Praise God am Janet and here to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ.what situations are really bothering you.do u pray and God seems to be far away from u?have you fasted and done

everything?

We should learn to ask God before we try doing things.we should avoid doing things in our knowledge but leave Jesus to guide us.

Some situations are there because God wants them to be there so as to seek Him more.
Deut4:27-31
God bless u

Godsangel I would have to say the story of my very good friend lol Gideon! ( Judges 6) With the midianite oppression and the calling of the Lord,much like us, it takes time to become aquainted with any new friend. The first thing the Lord talks about to Gideon is to remember how he was delivered in the first place!!!( Judges 6:9-10) then he reminds him who he is now in him!!! ( Judges 6:12-16)

Next,I needed a prayer against my enemy's at work, I needed an escape!!!( 1 Cor 10:13) Inside me Holy Spirit whispered mark-(Psalm 63:1-11) After speaking this out loud in prayer,Holy Spirit now said GO and keep your peace even as I keep mine with all my children!( Phil 4:7-9) verse 8!! and 9!!

By the third day of learning to walk and be led by HIS Spirit ( Rom 8:14-15) the 3 managers who were giving me such a tough way to go,two got fired the other moved to another store,like Gideon I really found out who my bread is truly buttered by!!

And you will to! I make mistakes but not any longer in the trust department!! I know who my deliver is,and so should you.At the start, one is not exactly confident,feeling and emotions look to control both ones mindset, as well as ones action's. But staying in God's Word is how we endure,so that we are able through our Jesus to overcome, even as he did! The secret is all upon what one chooses to entertain.( 2 Cor 10:4-8!!) May every blessing of the Lord always find you,and ALWAYS find you most well IN HIM! amen.( Proverbs 10:22)

Last edited:
1st we don’t know what you are going through or been through. If you are referring to a story in the Bible. Now this is not being mean. Start from Genesis and read the whole book❤ That is how it is done with us. We always begin a novel at the Beginning because if you don’t , you will never understand the ending and the characters in between❤ Guaranteed you will come across what you need❤
I've Googled many, many vs in reference to this. I.e. Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your cares upon Him for he cares for you. The Lord knows when even a tiny sparrow falls from a tree, so also He knows your situation and loves/cares for you. Matt. 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

There are several stories in the Bible about rejection and loneliness. Let's start with Sarah's maidservant, Hagar. She was rejected by Sarah and ultimately by Abraham and sent into the desert to die with her son Ismael. God saved her and told her that her and her son would live and thrive- and it was so. Next, let's go to Jacob and his 1st wife Leah. It was never her intention to have been the wife of Jacob but it was her father's will to give her to Jacob instead of Rachel. Imagine how she felt the morning when Jacob discovered she was not Rachel, the woman he loved. Imagine being rejected and passed over night after night for another woman. But God blessed her womb and she bore Jacob the majority of his 12 children. Let go to Rachel's 1st born- Joseph. A child who was hated by his brothers and envied by Leah, his step mother and aunt. He was thrown into a dry well, left for dead and then sold into slavery in Egypt. He was falsely accused of rape and thrown into prison for 11 dark and cold years. But God was with him and elevated him to become 2nd in command in all of Egypt. Then there is Moses, David, Elijah and ultimately, we see Jesus, who is described as a man was disposed and rejected and well acquired with sorrows. He was wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement needful for our peace was upon Him, and yet, with the stripes that wound Him, we were healed. It says that He humbled Himself to death, even death on a cross, therefore, God highly exalted Him and gave Him a Name above every name in heaven, and on the earth, and yes, even under the earth. Throughout the ages, God has done mighty things with those who were rejected and made to be lonely. I consider it evidence that one has been chosen by God for a great work! It is stated this way in 1Peter 2:4-5. "As you come to Him (Jesus), a Living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him, you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." You see, it is God's will that "The stone the builders rejected should be come the capstone." (1Pet. 2:7 paraphrased). I believe there is such a stone in every family. I know rejection and severe loneliness well. I was the stone my family rejected but have learned through my study of the Scriptures that rejection by men means I am chosen by God for some good work that He prepared in advance that I should do. I have no regrets, I hold no unforginess toward those who have hurt, lied, mocked and betrayed me through the years. I am no longer lonely because I have a great relationship with the Lord of heaven and earth. Rejection has lost its sting because I know I am utterly, unconditionally accepted by the same God who parted the Red Sea for Moses, who gave Samson his strength, who performed miracles through Elijah & Elisha and who raised Jesus from the realm of the dead, highly exalted Him and made Him to sit at His own right hand in the highest heaven! This same Hod loves me, will move mountains for me! And when I call to Him, He says, I am here for you!. Get to know Him through His Son. He is the only antidote for all that can vex the human spirit, soul and body. Jezus said it this way: "I am The Way, The Truth and The Life." He is the w
'Way' into the Presence of God and relation with Him. He is 'The Truth' or 'The Realty' in all things and of all things in you life. And He is Source of the Abundant Life you are craving. I would love to help you with this if I could?
Hope this helps.
Regenerated 1