• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

What is stopping you from victory today?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
Greetings,

have you ever wondered why some things never go away that are like brick walls in front of you? No matter how much you try to get it right or do better.... no matter how much you get sincere about living the victorious life... no matter how hard you battle on, patiently waiting for that break through....

Sometimes we don't have the answers as to why things are the way they are, especially in our walk as Christians. We read and pray and attend church and prayer meetings but still we never quite get to be all that we are sure we should be as New Creatures in Christ. We wonder why and look for answers. We find others who sympathise with us and decide that this is and must be God's will and we look for some sort of confirmation so we can have some morsel of peace about our Life in Christ.

Some of us long to be more Christlike and to do more Christian things so that we can at least be useful to the Lord and so we tidy up every corner we find out of place and even go to extremes of taking on new teachings to really flush out the problems that we know are there because we feel so uneasy about how small an impact we make for Christ. "Maybe it is only for the ones who God has chosen. I will support them and at least then I am doing my bit." Ever thought like that?

In the following article I invite you to take an honest look at what is presented and decide if you have indeed dealt with the enemies that are hindering you as you discover who or what they might really be..

May the Lord bless each one of you today as you read this and prayerfully consider all that is before you, in Jesus name and for His glory,

Bless you ....><>

The following is from a website I occasionally visit. I am not the author and have copy/pasted it for you to read.... please do
-------------------------------------
Defeating the "ITES" in your life

Deuteronomy 7 English Standard Version (ESV)

A Chosen People
7 “When the Lord your God brings you into the land that you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and mightier than you, 2 and when the Lord your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them, then you must devote them to complete destruction.[a]You shall make no covenant with them and show no mercy to them. 3 You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, 4 for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly. 5 But thus shall you deal with them: you shall break down their altars and dash in pieces their pillars and chop down their Asherim and burn their carved images with fire.

When you get to the land that I promised you, you will encounter 7 nations mightier than you. The "ITES." You must destroy them completely, don't show them any mercy, and don't make any covenants with them. You must tear down their altars and burn everything associated with them.
Who are these "ITES" and why did YHVH leave them in the promised land for the Israelites to fight? Why didn't He just wipe them all out and give them the land without having to fight?
The more I studied this, the more I realized that the "ITES" are symbolic to the very things we all face today. After studying the names of each of the "ITES", I was blown away at the meaning of each, and quickly understood why YHVH left them on the land for us to fight.
In Deuteronomy 7 There are 7 "ITES" mightier than you, but in Genesis 15, He lists 10. Let's go over all 10.

Genesis 15
17 When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces. 18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates, 19 the land of the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites and the Jebusites.”

These are the ten nations that were already possessing the land that The Lord had given to the Israelites. The Lord promised them the victory over each one, but they were too afraid to fight them. All ten of these nations represent the things we face in our lives today.

Kenites, •Fabricator

–Lies, false accusations.
–Designed to get you to focus on yourself
–Designed to get you to defend yourself

BEHOLD BEHIND THEIR DEEDS IS THEIR LIFE'S WORK.
Their life's work is to accuse you, to get you to focus on you and what others are saying about you, rather than defeating them and evicting them from your promise.

Kenizzites, •Possessive or covetousness

–Trying to look as spiritual as someone else.
–Comparing yourself to someone else
•Designed to steal your destiny
•As long as you are trying to be somoene else, you won’t be yourself, or what you were designed to be.

BEHOLD, BEHIND THEIR ACTIVITY IS A WEAPON AT WORK. Behind the activity of comparing yourself and your gifts to others, is a weapon designed to destroy your destiny, by getting you to focus on others and their gifts, all the while taking your focus off of taking the land, and evicting this stronghold from off your promised land.

Kadmonites, •Ancient ways

–Religious spirit
–Tradition is treated as though it were equal to scripture
–The old wine is good enough

BEHOLD BEHIND THE DOOR IS CHAOTIC ACTIVITY AT WORK. Behind the door of this religious activity is a lie disguised as truth. Designed to get you to focus on tradition and man made ways, rather than evicting this stronghold.

Hittites, •Terror

–Fear of failure
–Spiritual paralysis, you don’t step out to do anything.

BEHOLD, SEPARATION OF THE CROSS AND IT'S WORK
Fear will always separate you from doing what you are called to and designed to do. It will leave you paralyzed, therefore rendering you useless and unable to defeat it, or evict it from your promised land.

Perizzites, •Squatter

•Apathy
–We don’t do anything about it.
•Why try to make a change, it really won’t help anyway
–As long as they sit on your property and you do nothing about it, it becomes theirs.

BEHOLD, THE WORD OF THE HEAD, IS A WEAPON AT WORK. It tells you that it is not going anywhere, that your property belongs to it. It keeps you from your promise, by sitting on it like a squatter does your property, until you buy the lies, and surrender your property.

Rephaim, •Giant

–Causes you to want to flee, and run away from God’s promise
–You give excuses as to why you can’t do this, and why it’s too hard
–You justify quitting
•Cowardess
•There's no armor for your back, why? Cause we aren't designed to quit and turn our backs and run from the enemy.

BEHOLD THE HEAD'S MOUTH IS IT'S STRENGTH, IT'S WORK IS CHAOS. It runs it's mouth like a little yappy dog, but can do nothing against you. It uses it's size and mouth to intimidate but it knows it's defeated. It's all bark, no bite.

Amorites, •Sayer

–Designed to create inferiority and self doubt
•You are more concerned with what people are saying about you or thinking about you than what God has called you to do.

BEHOLD THE STRENGTH OF CHAOS IS THE HEAD'S WORK. Causing internal chaos by making you doubt yourself with feelings of inferiority.

Canaanites, •Zealous

–An attitude of impatience
–Premature promotion or premature opportunity
–Not waiting for God’s perfect timing

BEHOLD THE OPEN SUPPLY FOR LIFE IS EXPERIENCED IN YOUR LIFE'S WORK. This may seem confusing at first but it is actually dead on. When you do what you are supposed to do on a daily basis, obeying God daily, you will experience the open supply of heaven. But trying to jump ahead of God and being impatient, promoting yourself, you will not experience Heaven's supply. This is the purpose of this stronghold. To get you to step out too soon and do things on your own to promote yourself. Therefore getting you off focus and rendering you frustrated.

Girgashites, •Stranger

–Represents a feeling of being out of place.
•It just doesn’t feel like home here, or anywhere else for that matter.
•It keeps you from growing roots and maturing
•You end up not doing anything and church hopping. ”

BEHOLD, IF PRIDE IS THE HEAD, PRIDE DESTROYS YOUR WORK. Pride comes before a fall. If you are too good in your own eyes to stay and grow roots somewhere and keep church hopping until you find the perfect church, you will never step out and do anything, nor will you grow any roots of stability and faithfulness.

Jebusites, •Down Trodden

–Represents a victim mentality
–Anxiety and Depression, blaming others for your lack of success.

BEHOLD, THE WORK INSIDE IS CONNECTED TO A THORN IN YOUR DEEDS. No matter what you do, if depression and being down trodden is what's working inside you, whatever you put your hand to will never prosper. As a man thinketh, so is he.

You can clearly see, that these are 10 "ITES" that we still deal with today, in the pursuit of obtaining God's promises for our lives.

Ride Free
PJ
Raw4Christ.org
RawBootCamp.org
--------------------------------------------------
All the above is taken from:
Ancient Hebrew Pictographs Devotional
and I recommend that you visit and leave a comment if you appreciate this work
There is more to see when you get there ....><>