• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

what have i done

do you honestly believe a person can change and stay changed ive tried this god thing and lets be real i just make more mess than anything.

Yes a person can change and stay changed but it is a process of doing away with the old and putting on the new. It does not happen quickly for most it is a life long change especially for the Christian; Jesus helps change us daily, for our old sinful self likes to rise up and take control, so we have to fight it daily by the power of the Holy Spirit and His word.
We have to listen to the still quite voice of God and he will lead and change us if we let Him, for God is not a puppetmaster he allows us to make decisions and when we make mistakes He will help us overcome them and learn and grow from them.

So it is more of continually changing to be more like Christ with the Help of God, it is when we rely on self that we fail.

Hope this is helpful.

Peace be with you,
John

jjkirk said:
Yes a person can change and stay changed but it is a process of doing away with the old and putting on the new. It does not happen quickly for most it is a life long change especially for the Christian; Jesus helps change us daily, for our old sinful self likes to rise up and take control, so we have to fight it daily by the power of the Holy Spirit and His word.
We have to listen to the still quite voice of God and he will lead and change us if we let Him, for God is not a puppetmaster he allows us to make decisions and when we make mistakes He will help us overcome them and learn and grow from them.

So it is more of continually changing to be more like Christ with the Help of God, it is when we rely on self that we fail.

Hope this is helpful.

Peace be with you,
John

Amen :love: I agree

*read your bible every day to get to know Jesus Christ better
(start in John :shade: )

*talk to God in prayer every day
(bring him your heart :love: bring him Eric)

*be baptized, worship, fellowship and start serving with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority :love:

*tell others about Jesus Christ :love:

*keep searchin for help on TJ :shade: (an additional hint, lol)

keep going, I love you :love: :thumbs_up :love:

Well you herd about that Satan thing and that Hell place where people go and get burnt and tortured and stuff??

well you know just giev God a lot more time to work with ya or you end up there. i mean no offence but hey come on look at what God gave you a Wife kid's yoru Life nd now you kinda just wanna spit in his face??

Satan will try and break you specially when your a new Christian because he wants you to think that this God thing is nothgin to be hyped up about so just stick in there and pray i will be for you to man. dotn worry about it just keep it cool and keep it real God is there 4 ya bro!!

Love Simon!!!

Mr. Popples...It is impossible for anyone to change on his own. When we ask Christ into our hearts, the presence of His Holy Spirit comes in and fills the void(emptiness). As Soldier of God, may I include 1 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." The key words are "...in Christ..." You are in Him and He is in you, He is your life/lifeline, because as John 14:6 states He is "...the life...", "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." He is the One living. Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live, yet not I , but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me , and gave himself for me." After salvation, we are still living in our fleshly bodies, with the same or possibly greater desires to fulfill the desires and lusts of the flesh. It is our personal choice whether to do so or not. It depends upon whom we are allowing to rule and reign in our lives--self or Christ.

A three-way spiritual battle begins with the world, the flesh, and the devil. These probably never bothered you while still in your natural state, but they become the Christian's battleground. Our defense is prayer and God's word. In prayer, we talk to God about what is bothering us or is on our hearts/minds. In reading God's word, God speaks to the inner man and fellowships with us to grow us into mature Christians. It requires time on our part, but God doesn't leave us without help. Our total dependence must be upon Him and His word, not what man tells us. James 1:5, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

May I suggest some scripture that will help you begin your walk in Christ?
Scripture that tells what Christ has done for you: John 3:16, Romans 5-6, 1 Corinthians 5:17, Roman 10:9-11
Scripture to encourage you: The book of St. John; Ephesians 6:10-19; James 4:17;book of 1 John; 1 Peter 2:2; 1 Peter 1:21-25; 2 Peter 3:18; 1 Samuel 12:20-25; Psalm 119:9, 11, 18, 34, 89, 105, 133, 140, 165; Philippians 4:6-9.

Pray before reading and ask for understanding as you read. Memorize scripture. Acknowledge that you cannot do anything on your own, but Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me."
May God bless you and if I can be of help to you, please contact me!!!

We are not perfect we are simply forgiven of our sins when we repent because of the blood of Jesus. We are all saved by grace and God has mercy on us because of our weakness but He hates wickedness. I can feel your sincere desire for change so be patient with yourself while God takes you through the process we all have to go through it but thank God He looks at our heart and not what's in our head. Trust me if you just keep that same passion and desire for change in your life eventually it will come. Only God can line up what's in your heart with whats in your head. So try not to condemn yourself because Jesus payed the price for you to be free from the condemnation of sin.
Be Blessed!

Fulloffaith