• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What Does Repentance Look Like?

Staff Member
John replied, "If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry." Even corrupt tax collectors came to be baptized and asked, "Teacher, what should we do?" He replied, "Collect no more taxes than the government requires." Luke 3:11-13 NLT

You may feel sorry for a personal failure or for harming someone unintentionally, but righting a wrong and choosing a new path is essential for repentance and getting right with God. John made it clear to his audience that they could no longer make the same choices and enjoy the same level of comfort and status if they wanted to change their ways.

Part of counting the cost of discipleship is the process of repentance, and sometimes it can be quite humbling. At a certain point, you have to acknowledge that the path you’ve chosen isn’t acceptable to God and may even be harming your neighbors.

On the other side of repentance, there is a greater opportunity for being at peace with yourself and with others. There will be no need to hide your deeds in shame, no guilt to bear over your choices, and freedom to approach God with confidence and joy.

Prayer: Lord, help me to see myself with honesty and clarity so that I can repent of my sins and receive the abundance of Your mercy.

Loyal
Repentance, means change of mind. About face, like in a military or Boy Scout command. It means, like i was going south now I am going north. Or I was going west now I am going East.
That is what the Biblical word “Repentance” means. Jesus said:
“Example below”
Believe the “ The Gospel of Jesus Christ”
38Ye have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39but I say unto you, resist not him that is evil: but whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man would go to law with thee, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
(Matthew 5).

(Turn around for the kingdom of God is at hand).

[Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.).

Loyal
Through out The book of Revelation God Said: no matter how much he punish them they still would not “Repent”.

(Revelation 9: 20-21)
20The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.
Rev. 16:9
Rev. 16:11
The churches of Asia, He said “Repent”
Saying I am sorry, or saying forgive me of my sin, is not “Repentance” turn from your sin is true Repentance”. Turning from your sins are the of true fruits of Repentance..

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Do those things that prove you have turned to God and have changed the way you think and act.

New American Standard 1977
“Therefore bring forth fruit in keeping with repentance;

King James 2000 Bible
Bring forth therefore fruits befitting for repentance:
(Matthew 3:8).

Loyal
How can a man and a woman live in a “adulterous or a life of “fornication” and get up and wipe their lips and think they are a friend of God. They are living in out right “Rebellion” of God! And weak Christians, are addressing their Rebellion as if it was “whip Cream” on “Grandma’s Apple pie” on Christmas Day. Then finally when one Christian has become “Hot” you turn the Firehose out on them, to cool them down. But not cool enough to make them “Cold” but “Luke Warm”.

Staff Member
Dear Brother @PloughBoy ,
It seems the subject within this devotional has touched something that has been on your mind brother. You have the platform to expand on what "Repentance" looks like for you, and so, what it should look like for the believer in general as shown by Scripture. All I ask is that you be as compassionate and merciful in your choice of words as our Lord was when communicating with the lost sheep verses the Priesthood of the day in presenting His Words. Being on fire for the Lord does not mean that one has to set aside either of the aforementioned items when dealings with others, who may yet still be blinded in believing that fence sitting is somehow acceptable because of being led astray by false leaders of this day.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Dear Brother @PloughBoy ,
It seems the subject within this devotional has touched something that has been on your mind brother. You have the platform to expand on what "Repentance" looks like for you, and so, what it should look like for the believer in general as shown by Scripture. All I ask is that you be as compassionate and merciful in your choice of words as our Lord was when communicating with the lost sheep verses the Priesthood of the day in presenting His Words. Being on fire for the Lord does not mean that one has to set aside either of the aforementioned items when dealings with others, who may yet still be blinded in believing that fence sitting is somehow acceptable because of being led astray by false leaders of this day.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
Sorry I was kinda confused at 1st. Until I reread post #5. I think this is the one you are referring too. With this scripture in mind. Just say yes and I will abide with no conflict. Am I am sorry for replying in such a matter that is un-becoming. My apologies with humbleness of heart.

(Proverbs 30:20).
New International Version
"This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth and says, 'I've done nothing wrong.'
(Proverbs 30:20).
New Living Translation
An adulterous woman consumes a man, then wipes her mouth and says, “What’s wrong with that?”

English Standard Version
This is the way of an adulteress: she eats and wipes her mouth and says, “I have done no wrong.”

Berean Study Bible
This is the way of an adulteress: She eats and wipes her mouth and says, ‘I have done nothing wrong.’

Staff Member
Accepted dear brother.
Sadly, many in this day fall in with the Scripture you have quoted, and justify their actions as if they were pure of heart. Too often they fail to reflect on their own lives, in light of the Word that is in them.
2 Corinthians 13:5-6 Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified. But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.