• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What does it mean!?

In Matthew 7:6 it says and I quote "Don't waste what is Holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you." Does that mean we should not spread the Good News about salvation? because it is part of the Word of God and the the Word is Holy. maybe it means something else... I hope. Well it can't mean anything bad.

Matthew28:18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

We are definately supposed to share God's Word! To me right now, the passage you quoted means that we have to know what to expect when we share the Good News. If we have unreal expectations, then the person we are sharing our most precious words with will chew our message to pieces and possibly start on us.

This is a good question?

This is a good question?

We were all unholy until JESUS made us HOLY and JESUS doesn't like waste either.

Just perhaps it would be wiser in God's eyes for us not to place ourselves as judgers of hearts, just a thought.

souldier said:
In Matthew 7:6 it says and I quote "Don't waste what is Holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you." Does that mean we should not spread the Good News about salvation? because it is part of the Word of God and the the Word is Holy. maybe it means something else... I hope. Well it can't mean anything bad.

Last edited:
Right now I can only think of this one example. . .:

There is this dad. . .who claims to be from a radical different religion. . .everything i knew to share with him about my Jesus I did. . .and he listened that evening on the phone and asked questions and bla bla. . .

Coming to hear from the mom a few days later. . .that the message of forgiveness and love from God for him. . .got twisted in his mouth to torture and punish his own daughter who comes to our church for a year already and loves her Jesus in her little heart. . .bein 10 years old and all. . .

This dad is dangerous and uncountable what he will do next . . .he plans evil stuff and twistes and turns truth around. .. but whenever he talks to me . .. he does sooo interested and ask personal questions about God and himself. .. but wont accept that his almost "Ex-Wife" and his kids have already understood and accepted this Love in their lives. . .and keep comin back for more. . .

In this special case . . .I do not persue to keep calling or visiting this person to share the Gospel. . .if he calls or sits with my hubby and me. . .i will not quit answering questions. .. nono. .. but I dont put any effort into makin steps towards him . . .you see. ..

Did that make sense?

Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

Thats what it means to me... PPL dont wanna listen . . .they just wanna know. .. but their hearts are cold and full of evil hate and stuff. . .I feel sorry for him/them. .. but wont waste my time on purpose. ..

GBU, peeps :love:

Some you don't have to judge.

Some you don't have to judge. They come right out and show and tell you they are evil.

peeps said:
Right now I can only think of this one example. . .:

There is this dad. . .who claims to be from a radical different religion. . .everything i knew to share with him about my Jesus I did. . .and he listened that evening on the phone and asked questions and bla bla. . .

Coming to hear from the mom a few days later. . .that the message of forgiveness and love from God for him. . .got twisted in his mouth to torture and punish his own daughter who comes to our church for a year already and loves her Jesus in her little heart. . .bein 10 years old and all. . .

This dad is dangerous and uncountable what he will do next . . .he plans evil stuff and twistes and turns truth around. .. but whenever he talks to me . .. he does sooo interested and ask personal questions about God and himself. .. but wont accept that his almost "Ex-Wife" and his kids have already understood and accepted this Love in their lives. . .and keep comin back for more. . .

In this special case . . .I do not persue to keep calling or visiting this person to share the Gospel. . .if he calls or sits with my hubby and me. . .i will not quit answering questions. .. nono. .. but I dont put any effort into makin steps towards him . . .you see. ..

Did that make sense?

Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

Thats what it means to me... PPL dont wanna listen . . .they just wanna know. .. but their hearts are cold and full of evil hate and stuff. . .I feel sorry for him/them. .. but wont waste my time on purpose. ..

GBU, peeps :love:

It simple means don't give it to people who don't want to hear it, or don't care to hear it. Because they will take the word and trample under feet or try to make it non and void. Many of the Pharisees did not want to hear what Jesus had to say. About the way they were living and trying to force others to live according to the law as they do.
If a person don't want to hear the gospel. Move on. It's there lost, you would have lost nothing in trying to teach them the truth.

A pastor once told me that this verse about not throwing pearls before swine meant that there are some revelations and things in scripture that are not meant for unbelievers, and they could not appreciate them. (This, of course, doesn't include the Gospel message of salvation.)

i dont understand the meaning of that verse either, but it surely doesn't mena that

1ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
i dont know about you but these things sound very unholy to me.