• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

What Can I Do For You, Lord?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies; That the king said unto Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains. 2 Samuel 7:1-2

After the defeat of the Philistines and the return of the ark, David experienced a time of rest from his enemies. During that time, his thoughts turned toward building a temple for the ark. Ultimately, God told David through the prophet Nathan that David would have a son who would build a temple for God (2 Samuel 7:12-13).

Today is Memorial Day in the United States--the day the country sets aside to honor all those who died serving in the military to defend this country. While America remains at war overseas, the sacrifices that so many brave soldiers have made have given the homeland relative rest from her enemies.

Given this fact, is your mind turning toward God and what you might do for Him? Maybe you can go on a short-term mission trip, serve the homeless, or help a local ministry.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for the sustained freedom my country has enjoyed. May I use that freedom to honor and glorify You, as I remember those who have fallen to give me such an opportunity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnonymouslyMe Prayer Request 2
Tristan W Testimonials 5
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0