• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

What a Truly Biblical Church Looks Like

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

[COLOR=#001320]Christ is head (not man):
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
[/COLOR]
Loves Christ and each member:
[COLOR=#001320]Rev 2:4 [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]"But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first![/COLOR]

No leadership titles and no member more than a brother or sister:
Matt 23:8 - 9:[COLOR=#001320]"Don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi,' for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]And don't address anyone here on earth as 'Father,' for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father.[/COLOR]

No worldly authority structures:
Matt 20:5 "[COLOR=#001320]But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them."[/COLOR]

Orderly and peaceful:
1 Cor 14:33 "[COLOR=#001320]For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people."[/COLOR]

Inclusive of all types of believers, and various opinions:
Rom 14:1 [COLOR=#001320]Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.[/COLOR]

Values every member:
1 Cor 12:21 [COLOR=#001320]The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"[/COLOR]

Does not discriminate:
James 2:3 [COLOR=#001320]If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet,"[/COLOR]

Every member able to participate for mutual edification:
1 Cor 14:31 [COLOR=#001320]For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.[/COLOR]
1 Cor 14:26 [COLOR=#001320]What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#001320]
Follows love, Desires gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy:
1 Cor 14:1 [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]

Observes communion:
1 Cor 11:24 [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."
[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]
Forbids female leadership:
1 Tim 2:12 [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]
[/COLOR]Makes disciples of Christ and Practices water baptism:
Matt 28:19 [COLOR=#001320]Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]baptising[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320] them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#001320]Practices Spirit baptism:
Acts 8:17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

In unity and abiding in Christ and the Father:
John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]
In God's glory for the purpose of unity:
John 17:22 [/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one--
[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]
Practices Godly administration and discipline and rejects evil:
1 Cor 5:13 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]13 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]God alone sits in judgement on those who are outside. Drive out that wicked one from among you [expel him from your church].[/COLOR][COLOR=#001320]

[/COLOR]