• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

What a Truly Biblical Church Looks Like

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Christ is head (not man):
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Loves Christ and each member:
Rev 2:4 "But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first!

No leadership titles and no member more than a brother or sister:
Matt 23:8 - 9:"Don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi,' for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.
And don't address anyone here on earth as 'Father,' for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father.

No worldly authority structures:
Matt 20:5 "But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them."

Orderly and peaceful:
1 Cor 14:33 "For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people."

Inclusive of all types of believers, and various opinions:
Rom 14:1 Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.

Values every member:
1 Cor 12:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"

Does not discriminate:
James 2:3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet,"

Every member able to participate for mutual edification:
1 Cor 14:31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.
1 Cor 14:26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Follows love, Desires gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy:
1 Cor 14:1
Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.

Observes communion:
1 Cor 11:24
and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."

Forbids female leadership:
1 Tim 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Makes disciples of Christ and Practices water baptism:
Matt 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Practices Spirit baptism:
Acts 8:17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

In unity and abiding in Christ and the Father:
John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

In God's glory for the purpose of unity:
John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one--

Practices Godly administration and discipline and rejects evil:
1 Cor 5:13
13 God alone sits in judgement on those who are outside. Drive out that wicked one from among you [expel him from your church].