• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Wel....do I love him? or is it a..crush?

So I have this friend, and...I have known him..for about..a year and a half, and He lives in a province away..not that far. and we have gotten to know each other..alot alot, and he tells me anything I tell him anything, hes not a christian, but he is very close to becoming one, from the help of YC held in Edmonton, I hope he becomes a christian there, I wait, for him to accept christ.
I cant help but feel for him, perhaps its love.

It says in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I have done all, and...Im not sure..is it really love?

Janelle

Janelle,
Bless you and may HE guard your heart.

First, unless you have absolute internal knowing of more, this is likely just a "ministry to your friend" out of your compassion for the lost.
It is important when we help snatch one into the kingdom that we are not ourselves pulled in wrong place. It sounds like your candor indicates you may have stepped a little too far in emotional intimacy...

The carrot of HIS annointing (as exhibited in a believer) is sometimes use by God to form jealously (desre) for things of God being used to attract the yet lost but called. It can and usually does get confused with flesh interest in the believer as an object rather than the Spirit of God displayed.

Each time that also has jeopardy to tempt or deceive the believer as well.

Under no circumstances should/ can a true believer be properly yoked with an unbeliever. To do so is immaturity... and relies on God's mercy to make right. We (you) are not to put yourself in place of God and over ride HIS wisdom.

Keep up your communication with some guarded wisdom until your friend has proven (displayed) the obvious signs of Yeshua's seed within him. A hunger for the Word. A new gentleness. A life of worship. Perhaps as a safety... you should not consider meeting him in person until he can take you to where he has been worshipping for some time and after he has witnessed to you it's effect.

Even then, no intimacy can be allowed until the fruit is evidently maturing.

Your ministry may be important to this man, but use God's word and prayer to guide you to all wisdom, and to protect you from distraction from HIM.

Blessings, Ari

Hello!
Thank you.
so leave everything to God, more or less?
Yes I understand. I beleive I have been doing everything on own human strength and not leaving what I no is for God to work in.

He has gone to a youth group for some time now and is in fear of accepting Jesus. for resons I can not understand. fear of change he says.

I shall pray and let GOD speak through me, even if it is not me, if it someone els, I pray that God will speak to him, and that he will accept.

go Jesus!

Janelle.

Thank you once again

Don't confuse good friendship or brotherly love with Romance

:love: As beautiful a passage from Corinthians (very popular at weddings) as that is about love, :love: God has cautioned you about being unequally yoked with non-believers. :unlove: I believe you are attracted to this boy, :boy_hug: yes, and that it's not a safe place to be, in a romance with a non-Christian. It's not God's Will for you, it's in black and white, right in the Bible. Please reconsider your path unless this boy sees the light, my dear little sister. Be kind, be his friend, but do not "wait" on him romantically, I emplore you, if you find interest in a boy who knows the Lord and the Lord's love, which is pivotal in your relationship with your future husband AS CHRIST, and you, in the analogy as the church, the pure body of Christ. We love you, dear sister, Janelle, and we know that those who do not believe actually share nothing in common with you, even if it seems you "love" this boy, those feelings will be strained when your differences appear. I assume you want a lasting relationship eventually, and this is why God advises you wisely to choose from the people who LOVE HIM, Janelle... think, pray hard, and be strong as Paul advised you. There are many different kinds of love, too. :love: Consider that your love for him is agape, perhaps - don't do the "secular thing" and jump to the conclusion that it's so "romantic"? :girl_hug: :love: Whatever the outcome, I pray for your happiness!
God bless you throughout 2006 with His presence in your life.
In Christ :love:
CaliFlower :rose:

Last edited:
Wow, thank you.

I understand. Yes I really understand now. A diffrent love...hmm.. yes.
I know many christian guys, and such, ..well..yes thanky ou is all I can say

thank you thank you thank you
GOd bless.
Janelle

Nice post! Worth the read to many young people attracted to non-believers...

Ari ben Yosef said:
Janelle,
Bless you and may HE guard your heart.
First, unless you have absolute internal knowing of more, this is likely just a "ministry to your friend" out of your compassion for the lost.
It is important when we help snatch one into the kingdom that we are not ourselves pulled in wrong place. It sounds like your candor indicates you may have stepped a little too far in emotional intimacy...
The carrot of HIS annointing (as exhibited in a believer) is sometimes use by God to form jealously (desre) for things of God being used to attract the yet lost but called. It can and usually does get confused with flesh interest in the believer as an object rather than the Spirit of God displayed.
Each time that also has jeopardy to tempt or deceive the believer as well.
Under no circumstances should/ can a true believer be properly yoked with an unbeliever. To do so is immaturity... and relies on God's mercy to make right. We (you) are not to put yourself in place of God and over ride HIS wisdom.
Keep up your communication with some guarded wisdom until your friend has proven (displayed) the obvious signs of Yeshua's seed within him. A hunger for the Word. A new gentleness. A life of worship. Perhaps as a safety... you should not consider meeting him in person until he can take you to where he has been worshipping for some time and after he has witnessed to you it's effect.
Even then, no intimacy can be allowed until the fruit is evidently maturing.
Your ministry may be important to this man, but use God's word and prayer to guide you to all wisdom, and to protect you from distraction from HIM.
Blessings, Ari
Ari, my goodness, that's so well-said! God bless you for caring about this girl and giving such a thoughtful post.
In Christ, :love:
CaliFlower :rose:

Last edited:
Another thing to watch for

Another thing you may want to be cautious about is.... getting that longed for "decision". Perhaps, he even having feelings for you, he may want to get "saved" just to make you happy. In other words, his feelings for you may create a false conversion--just so he can be with you. Be careful about this. Be sincere. Tell him what it takes to be a Christian. Repentance and Faith. A radical turning from sin, a humble spirit that produces godly sorrow over sin---2 Cor. 7:9. And finally a trusting in Christ's sacrifice for us on the cross and a joy unspeakable and a zeal unmistakable. He should realize that it is God whom he has sinned against and that Christ died to satisfiy the demands of Justice. Oh, how great God is in sending us HIS only SON for us. Make this clear to him.

Sucat

Last edited:
Another thing to watch for

Another thing you may want to be cautious about is.... getting that longed for "decision". Perhaps, he even having feelings for you, he may want to get "saved" just to make you happy. In other words, his feelings for you may create a false conversion--just so he can be with you. Be careful about this. Be sincere. Tell him what it takes to be a Christian. Repentance and Faith. A radical turning from sin, a humble spirit that produces godly sorrow over sin---2 Cor. 7:9. And finally a trusting in Christ's sacrifice for us on the cross and a joy unspeakable and a zeal unmistakable. He should realize that it is God whom he has sinned against and that Christ died to satisfiy the demands of Justice. Oh, how great God is in sending us HIS only SON for us. Make this clear to him.

Sucat

Last edited:
Sucat said:
Sucat

Yes I have thought of that.
thank you, for making it more aware.