• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

    Register Log In

Weightlifting

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
I love weightlifting and doing cardio workout. I've been working out for 6 years now and nothing beats it! It relieves your stress, betters your self esteem and makes you feel completely energized I have fairly a lot of experience in this considering I never "studied" or a qualified trainer but 6 years experience pays off well.

If you have any questions about pills, exercises, or health issues ask me! I'll be glad to help.
 
Administrator
Staff Member
I just do the simple running/jogging/walking on the treadmill. I start off at 3.5/4.0 speed for a quarter mile, run the next half at about 7.0/8.0 and then the final quarter at about 3.5 again. I don't go crazy but I just do it to keep up my endurance.
 
Member
Chad have you done any powerlifting. I competed in it on and off for 20 years. I agree with what you said about weightlifting if kept in right perspective.
 
Member
Chad
I enjoy weight lifting as well. I've been out of it for the past month due to hectic work matters, but I'm getting back in the game! Health and fitness is a big issue globally and I think that christians need to keep their bodies healthy...without being prideful of course :smile: I'm into health and nutrition. I guess I could call it a hobby of mine.

Eden
 
Member
hi, i used to go to a country gym and it was friendly where core participents helped each other. i went 6 days a week. 6yrs. later at 48yrs. old i'm trying to go to a gym. the one closest to me is very snobby. it's hard to feel like going because people aren't friendly , they even hog two machines at once ( narcessistic). any tips out there? no one i know wants to go with me.
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Hi barbly, my suggestion is to buy yourself one of those real deal home gyms like the Crossbow or Total Gym. Put it in a room with bright lights, room temperature and mirrors (I find mirrors motivating). Add a tv or some books :smile:
 
Member
Hi,
Ive been going to the gym for about 3months, and really enjoy it.
I have been doing heavy wieghts but less of them, (to Build Bulk, cuase i am really, really skinny).

Anything that you could recommentd to help quicken the process? Im going to buy some more protein this week.

Also, i have to agree, lifting weights etc, seems to give you more energy, and makes you feel so much better.

Tom
 
Member
Weight lifting is good for your bones and muscle mass. But there is one thing that people who take up weight lifting must be aware of. That is keeping your back straight, making sure you are in control of your posture when lifting heavy weights. There is no point in seeking the benefits of weight training wile at the same time causing damage to your spine.

If you are going to take up weight training then please go and get a fully qualified trainer to teach you the fundamentals, to ensure that you know the right way to lift weights. You may only have to use a trainer for a few sessions before you know the ground rules, warming up, breathing technique and posture. It may cost some money but it is worth it in the long run.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
 
Member
This is what I do as well as....

This is what I do as well as eating right.
Low Sugar
Water and Lemon Yes!
Lots of Greens.
& Salmon




Chad said:
I love weightlifting and doing cardio workout. I've been working out for 6 years now and nothing beats it! It relieves your stress, betters your self esteem and makes you feel completely energized I have fairly a lot of experience in this considering I never "studied" or a qualified trainer but 6 years experience pays off well.

If you have any questions about pills, exercises, or health issues ask me! I'll be glad to help.
 
Member
Excercise bikes

Do you think getting an excercise bike for home is a good thing? or is a treadmill better for general cv fitness?

Also, is it better just to join a gym and be done with it.(would be embarassed the first time of going as others know what they're doing...lol)
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Like angel touch said going to the gym is more motivating. I love working out at the gym. If that is something you have no time for and need to squeeze in a workout at home - treadmill is very healthy. Keep in mind that a full gym system like Total Gym is awesome and roomy. Spend the money once and be healthy forever :grin:
 
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
Like angel touch said going to the gym is more motivating. I love working out at the gym. If that is something you have no time for and need to squeeze in a workout at home - treadmill is very healthy. Keep in mind that a full gym system like Total Gym is awesome and roomy. Spend the money once and be healthy forever :grin:

Chad:


Do you know anything about the trend of "blueprinting?" If so, is it effective?

I have had gym memberships in the past. When I was young I was very active in Gymnastics and the Uneven Bars.

At this time I plan to purchase an exercise mat and learn the Pilates program (posture).

I need a body building regime. Blueprinting is a interesting concept for body building (women).

Yours Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"
 
Administrator
Staff Member
I'm sorry sister but I am not familiar with blueprinting. I know Pilates is ver well known and effective, so is tae boe (Billy Blanks).

Its all about working out daily and eating right. GOD is the #1 source of guidance as we all know.
 
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
...If you have any questions about pills, exercises, or health issues ask me! I'll be glad to help.
Chad:

Are you familiar with Gbe (GINKGO Biloba Extract)?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

 
Administrator
Staff Member
Yes, I will start taking that again. Very healthy natural greatness of GOD's nature to take :smile:

Some details for those who do not know what it is and/or its usage (taken from WebMD)

What is ginkgo biloba?

Ginkgo extract, from the leaves of the Ginkgo biloba tree, has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. It also is the most commonly used herbal medicine in Europe. Although the benefits of ginkgo may not be entirely understood, it has several properties that help treat certain conditions. Ginkgo may:

  • Improve blood flow in the brain and elsewhere in the body by thinning the blood.
  • Reduce inflammation.
  • Act as an antioxidant (like vitamin E) to fight cell damage.
Ginkgo is considered a dietary supplement in the United States.

What is ginkgo used for?

Ginkgo has been used to treat a variety of health conditions. There is some evidence that ginkgo may be helpful in the treatment of:

  • Blood flow disorders (circulatory disorders), such as thrombosis, Raynaud's phenomenon, and peripheral arterial disease.
  • Mental decline (dementia) in those with documented memory impairment.
  • Memory and concentration problems, anxiety, stress, and mood problems caused by decreased blood flow in the brain (cerebral insufficiency).
  • Asthma and allergies that cause inflammation in the respiratory system.
 
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad:

Thank you!

I am on a new diet (vegan); and therefore, my body is going through some major changes. I feel a little sluggish.

Do you have any other suggestions?



Chad said:
Yes, I will start taking that again. Very healthy natural greatness of GOD's nature to take :smile:

Some details for those who do not know what it is and/or its usage (taken from WebMD)

What is ginkgo biloba?

Ginkgo extract, from the leaves of the Ginkgo biloba tree, has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. It also is the most commonly used herbal medicine in Europe. Although the benefits of ginkgo may not be entirely understood, it has several properties that help treat certain conditions. Ginkgo may:

  • Improve blood flow in the brain and elsewhere in the body by thinning the blood.
  • Reduce inflammation.
  • Act as an antioxidant (like vitamin E) to fight cell damage.
Ginkgo is considered a dietary supplement in the United States.

What is ginkgo used for?

Ginkgo has been used to treat a variety of health conditions. There is some evidence that ginkgo may be helpful in the treatment of:

  • Blood flow disorders (circulatory disorders), such as thrombosis, Raynaud's phenomenon, and peripheral arterial disease.
  • Mental decline (dementia) in those with documented memory impairment.
  • Memory and concentration problems, anxiety, stress, and mood problems caused by decreased blood flow in the brain (cerebral insufficiency).
  • Asthma and allergies that cause inflammation in the respiratory system.
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Best thing to do is ask your doctor ultimately. I do suggest multivitamins like One a Day (or whatever the popular women vitamins are out there). They are great.
 
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
Best thing to do is ask your doctor ultimately. I do suggest multivitamins like One a Day (or whatever the popular women vitamins are out there). They are great.
Chad:

I will consult with a nutritionist. Thank you.

Your Sister In Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"


 
Administrator
Staff Member
I also just bought detoxifying tea from drugstore.com

Detoxifying yourself every now and then is also very healthy especially before fasting
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Water Cooler 1

Similar threads


Top