• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Wear God's Armor

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Active
Keeping my thoughts pure and in the will of God is a lifetime battle. I must fight the good fight of faith.-1 Timothy 6:12. Where do I fight this battle? I fight this battle in my mind. How do I fight this battle? I fight it by renewing my mind with God's Word. Romans 12:2-Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will. When I stray from God's Word, I have no protection during a battle. Satan wages war in the realm of out thoughts. I must renew my mind daily with the Word of God, or Satan will control my thoughts. Once he begins to control my thoughts, he will then control my actions. The holiest person you know is not immune to Satan's tactics. All born again Christians must wear God's Armor at all times.-Ephesians 6:10-18.

We would never leave our home without wearing a coat if it were freezing cold outside. Common sense tells us we need protection from the elements. As a born again Christian, we would never leave our home without wearing God's Armor. The Holy Spirit tells us we need protection from the enemy. Putting on our coat before we go out in the cold is not a burden. We know we need it. We welcome its protection. Wearing God's Armor should not be a burden. We know we need it. We welcome its protection.

As we live our lives and pursue our destinies, we never have to fear anything! 2 Timothy 1:7-For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. The Holy Spirit Who lives in our spirit helps us fight our battles, but we must wear God's Armor. When we wear God's Armor; we can walk through this world bold, strong, and courageous, winning our battles no matter what comes our way.

Jesus Christ has already won our victory through His sacrificial death on the cross. We only have to put on the effective Armor He has given us. I encourage you to spend some time studying each piece of God's Armor. Although invisible, the Armor of God is real, and when used properly and worn daily; it provides protection against the enemy's onslaught.

Lord, we know that Your Armor is our spiritual protection against the enemy. Remind us to never leave home without it. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :smile:

Wnl

Hi Jan,
THIS I SAY THEN, WALK IN THE SPIRIT, AND YE SHALL NOT FULFILL THE LUST OF THE FLESH. FOR THE FLESH LUSTETH AGAINS THE SPIRIT AND THE SPIRIT AGAINST THE FLESH: AND THESE ARE CONTRARY THE ONE TO THE OTHER:
SO THAT YE CANNOT DO THINGS THAT YE WOULD (Gal 5:16-17).

WATCH AND PRAY THAT YE ENTER NOT INTO TEMPTATION:THE SPIRIT INDEED IS WILLING, BUT THE FLESH IS WEEK (Matthew26:41)

Me, So how can I live in the spirit of Jesus, instead of by the flesh,
(Rom:12-1-2) as you posted Jan.

So in this scripture Paul is saying sacrifice your life, which is reasonable, God doesn't make a big deal about it is just reasonable. If you have died to self, your mind is not thinking of self. Its impossible. So , automatically your mind is renewed and is only thinking of others, which means you can't be robbed by the devils lies anymore.

Let me tell you a story, a friend of mine, who's not a Christian, out of the blue, asked me,
:how should I live my life'? We were having a game of snooker at the time.
I just lay on the floor with my arms across my chest and said to him, 'What am I doing?
He said your being dead, I said, Well that's how God wants you to live your life.
I explained, that when you are dead to self, people can kick you, spit on you, call you names, hate you, lie to you, be critical, unkind, angry, steel from you etc.
But they can't hurt you because you are dead to self. No-one can hurt a dead person.
Now if you are dead to self,( which is sin flesh and the system) Jesus can fill that void in your life. Where is Jesus? He is in Heaven, sinless, raised from the dead.
So you too will be raised from your living death on earth, living a heavenly life on earth,
as a sinless servant of God, glorifying Him and speaking the gospel to the world.
In this position you have the full armour of God on. Nothing can penetrate it. It's impossible,What a life. Alleluia
Thanks for the post Jan,
With Love, Wnl

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 1
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 1