• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

WE HAVE TO EAT JESUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
We have to eat Jesus.

That is something WE HAVE TO DO.

NO ONE will get in Jesus and Jesus in you UNLESS YOU EAT HIM FIRST.

How do you eat Jesus to get saved and stay saved?

Active
Can't just believe, which is as to drink, we have to EAT too.

Jesus says more to do than just believe/drink.

Jesus says DRINK AND EAT.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

How do you eat Jesus?

Staff Member
Greetings,

If you also read:

And when the hour was come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him.
And He said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: for I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: for I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:14-20

The Jews knew the meaning and relevance and importance of the Passover. It was for them a remembrance; a reminder of their identity.

When we eat the Bread and drink the Wine, do we identify as a people of God?

The Passover was a deliverance and new beginning. Followed by the passing through the water.

Eating was also something that was more than stuffing food into ones mouth and chomping away until full.
We have lost a lot in modern tradition and the giving of thanks often is done through a 'requirement', but the actual eating with thanks is all but gone.

Who do we identify as?

If we don't identify with Jesus, we do not have life.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings,

If you also read:

And when the hour was come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him.
And He said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: for I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: for I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:14-20

The Jews knew the meaning and relevance and importance of the Passover. It was for them a remembrance; a reminder of their identity.

When we eat the Bread and drink the Wine, do we identify as a people of God?

The Passover was a deliverance and new beginning. Followed by the passing through the water.

Eating was also something that was more than stuffing food into ones mouth and chomping away until full.
We have lost a lot in modern tradition and the giving of thanks often is done through a 'requirement', but the actual eating with thanks is all but gone.

Who do we identify as?

If we don't identify with Jesus, we do not have life.

Bless you ....><>
Thanks for you contribution!

I will use what you said about passing through the water in a future post when I explain more about eating and drinking.

You said, "The Passover was a deliverance and new beginning. Followed by the passing through the water."

@God's Truth Grape juice is pretty good and I'm sure one can find a "chocolate Jesus on a cross" somewhere. I'm 100% sure Jesus wasn't speaking literally as that would promote cannibalism. He is alive so when He shows up again are we supposed to attack him like zombies? No.
The Catholics are the one that are brainwashed in thinking the wafers and grape juice are "literally" Christ's body. That's absurd.
He said it part that one who seeks Him will never thirst nor be hungry. Our fragile meat sacks are temporary and while tied to them they hurt and we feel miserable, happy, and all kinds of emotions but our permanent need of Him is the most important thing.

Active
@God's Truth Grape juice is pretty good and I'm sure one can find a "chocolate Jesus on a cross" somewhere. I'm 100% sure Jesus wasn't speaking literally as that would promote cannibalism. He is alive so when He shows up again are we supposed to attack him like zombies? No.
The Catholics are the one that are brainwashed in thinking the wafers and grape juice are "literally" Christ's body. That's absurd.
Right!
He said it part that one who seeks Him will never thirst nor be hungry.
Good point.
Our fragile meat sacks are temporary and while tied to them they hurt and we feel miserable, happy, and all kinds of emotions but our permanent need of Him is the most important thing.
I want to hear more about how you believe we are to seek him and how you believe we find him. I don't want to share my beliefs about it until I hear more from others. Thanks for the reply.

Active
We have to eat Jesus.

That is something WE HAVE TO DO.

NO ONE will get in Jesus and Jesus in you UNLESS YOU EAT HIM FIRST.

How do you eat Jesus to get saved and stay saved?
Jesus said that He is the bread of life that gives life to the world and in order to receive this bread is by coming to & believing in Him for eternal life, but He pointed out why they were not receiving that bread of life by how they were not believing Him.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. <----- That is Jesus referring to Himself and not some bread nor wine at communion.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. <---- They had asked Jesus for that bread and Jesus told them how to get that bread of life.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. <---- That is how you receive the bread of life by coming to & believing in Him.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. <--- See? They did not receive the bread of life because hey did not believe Him.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

So the Jews understood that He was talking about Himself as being that bread of life that gives life to the world by believing in Him, but they were still looking for manna from heaven to eat as their forefathers did.

Stuck in that mindset, Jesus did refer to that eating but not in reference to communion, but in reference to His crucifixion. Later when He spoken to His disciples; He referred to His ascension for how by believing in Him, they will be saved.

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? <---- That is Jesus referring to His ascension thus proving He was referring to His crucifixion earlier by the metaphor of eating him & drinking His blood..
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. <---- That is Jesus testifying that the eating of "flesh" profits nothing; that believing His words does.
64 But there are some of you that believe not.
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. <---That's Jesus pointing out how they did not receive that bread of life because of unbelief.

So once again believe in Jesus Christ is how one receive the bread of life that gives life to the world and thus obtain eternal life.

Jesus was never talking about communion in that chapter at all and I do point out that communion is to be done in remembrance of Him in proclaiming His death of what He has finished on the cross in having saved us by believing Him.

Active
Can't just believe, which is as to drink, we have to EAT too.

Jesus says more to do than just believe/drink.

Jesus says DRINK AND EAT.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

How do you eat Jesus?
By believing in Him.

Pay attention to verse 58;

John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. <---- not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead. So the eating profits nothing but believing His words that by believing in Him is how you have eternal life.

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
<--- Believing in Him and His crucifixion and His ascension is how one is saved; not by eating at communion for that would mean repeating communion is to save yourself each time.

John 6:
34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. <---- They had asked Jesus for that bread of life. Would He not give us that bread when asked?

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. <-----By believing in Him is how one is filled thus never hungering nor thorsting any more to be saved.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. <----That is how they did not receive the bread of life in spite of seeing Him to believe in Him to be saved.

Active
Jesus said that He is the bread of life that gives life to the world and in order to receive this bread is by coming to & believing in Him for eternal life, but He pointed out why they were not receiving that bread of life by how they were not believing Him.
Please be more explanative.
How do you eat the bread from heaven. Thanks.
So the Jews understood that He was talking about Himself as being that bread of life that gives life to the world by believing in Him, but they were still looking for manna from heaven to eat as their forefathers did.
So you are saying to eat the bread is by believing???

Then how do you DRINK his blood?
Stuck in that mindset, Jesus did refer to that eating but not in reference to communion, but in reference to His crucifixion. Later when He spoken to His disciples; He referred to His ascension for how by believing in Him, they will be saved.
Right. I am not talking about the remembrance of eating the bread and drinking the wine---real food.

I am talking about how do we eat his flesh and drink his blood, in your beliefs.

I think I am going to prove something important to those who participate in answering these questions.
So once again believe in Jesus Christ is how one receive the bread of life that gives life to the world and thus obtain eternal life.
I see that you say believe it is as eating the bread.
You will have to explain then how that is eating.
Explain too how to DRINK Jesus' blood.
You cannot possibly make drinking and eating the same, so please think about it more.
Jesus was never talking about communion in that chapter at all and I do point out that communion is to be done in remembrance of Him in proclaiming His death of what He has finished on the cross in having saved us by believing Him.
Again, I am not talking about communion with real bread and real wine. I am talking about how to eat Jesus' flesh and drink his blood.

Active
Please be more explanative.
How do you eat the bread from heaven. Thanks.

So you are saying to eat the bread is by believing???

Then how do you DRINK his blood?
By believing in Him for what His death at His crucifixion has accomplished.
Right. I am not talking about the remembrance of eating the bread and drinking the wine---real food.

I am talking about how do we eat his flesh and drink his blood, in your beliefs.

I think I am going to prove something important to those who participate in answering these questions.
We eat his flesh and drink his blood by believing in Him per His crucifixion.
I see that you say believe it is as eating the bread.
You will have to explain then how that is eating.
Explain too how to DRINK Jesus' blood.
You cannot possibly make drinking and eating the same, so please think about it more.

Again, I am not talking about communion with real bread and real wine. I am talking about how to eat Jesus' flesh and drink his blood.
So am I and so did Jesus that by coming to Him and believing in Him is how you receive the bread of life and not as their forefathers eat manna from heaven and are dead.

Active
By believing in Him.
You will have to do more dividing. Jesus speaks of blood and flesh. He speaks of eating and drinking.

Pay attention to verse 58;
Right.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. <---- not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead. So the eating profits nothing but believing His words that by believing in Him is how you have eternal life.
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. <--- Believing in Him and His crucifixion and His ascension is how one is saved; not by eating at communion for that would mean repeating communion is to save yourself each time.

John 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. <---- They had asked Jesus for that bread of life. Would He not give us that bread when asked?

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. <-----By believing in Him is how one is filled thus never hungering nor thorsting any more to be saved.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. <----That is how they did not receive the bread of life in spite of seeing Him to believe in Him to be saved.
Again, Jesus speaks of eating and drinking and flesh and blood.

You want to call it all by just believing?

Active
By believing in Him for what His death at His crucifixion has accomplished.

We eat his flesh and drink his blood by believing in Him per His crucifixion.

So am I and so did Jesus that by coming to Him and believing in Him is how you receive the bread of life and not as their forefathers eat manna from heaven and are dead.
Jesus is talking about two things though and you keep talking about one thing.
He talks about flesh and blood, and drinking and eating.
Can you think about it and offer more than what you gave?

Active
You will have to do more dividing. Jesus speaks of blood and flesh. He speaks of eating and drinking.

Right.

Again, Jesus speaks of eating and drinking and flesh and blood.

You want to call it all by just believing?
The Jews were stuck in that mindset of eating when it doesn't involve eating at all.

Did not the Jews had asked Him for that bread of life? He had told them how to receive that bread of life and that is by believing in Him AND He pointed out that they did not believe Him for why they did not receive that bread of life.

Active
Jesus is talking about two things though and you keep talking about one thing.
He talks about flesh and blood, and drinking and eating.
Can you think about it and offer more than what you gave?
See post #14 as it would be the same answer.

Active
The Jews were stuck in that mindset of eating when it doesn't involve eating at all.

Did not the Jews had asked Him for that bread of life? He had told them how to receive that bread of life and that is by believing in Him AND He pointed out that they did not believe Him for why they did not receive that bread of life.
Do you want to find the exact scripture that says that?

Active
See post #14 as it would be the same answer.
Well, eating and drinking are not the same thing, so why would you call it both believing? Would you like to think about it more and add something? I just want to hear people's deep thoughts on this.

Active
Well, eating and drinking are not the same thing, so why would you call it both believing? Would you like to think about it more and add something? I just want to hear people's deep thoughts on this.
Eating and drinking are both the means of receiving food and therefore by coming to & believing in Him is the only means of receiving that bread of life, Jesus Christ, that gives life to the world.

Active
Already did in post # 8 & post # 9. No point repeating His words. You either address the scriptures or you are only going by your viewpoint on what His words are meaning.
I already addressed the scriptures you used. According to you we eat the bread from heaven by just believing. Well that is not correct. Jesus says we don't live on bread alone but on every word of God. So you want to maintain that you eat the bread from heaven by just believing he is the Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.