• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

we both thot it was from God...now?

I have been waiting for my Godly life partner for awhile. I read the post regarding hiding in the Word and I believe it is good advice.

Anywho, I was on a social networking site just looking for friends. I have lots of friends on the site - guys and girls- and I go there for fun, but was getting lots of unwanted attention from strange guys (romance scammers too).

A man messaged me, and I messaged him back but was not believing he was for real until he sent me a message and quoted scripture to me when I was telling him a story about my life. He was already in full pursuit of me, and I started to really pay attention to him after that. We have been messaging for a couple of months but he lives in California and I live in BC, Canada. He told me he felt that God sent him to that website to find me. I had not been on in a couple of months (hiding from weird guys) and had just gone back on to say hi to some friends and have a look around when he decided to message me.

It was so great to be able to talk to a guy about God, and we both felt like God wanted us to be together so we started making plans to meet, but I felt like God was saying it was not the right time, and I wanted to know more about him first. We both prayed that God would direct our path in this relationship and that we needed Gods blessing to move ahead to meeting.

We have had several conversations where I got upset at things he said in text, only to realize that it was texting-lag and miscommunication that caused me to misinterpret what he was saying. We talked about alot of things regarding relationships, like money, child discipline ( I have one and he has none), and living together and what we expected from the other if we were to marry.

3 weeks ago he stopped messaging me. No word about anything. I have called his cell phone and it gives me a message that it is no longer in service.

I do not know what to do. I have been praying and praying. At first I thot he was in an accident. Then I thot his dad had another stroke and he was caring for him, but after the first week I completely panicked and thot he dumped me. I have no other way to communicate with him. We talked every night usually for a couple of hours. We also sent messages in the morning to each other before we left for work. Sometimes we called the other while at work, just to say hi.

Im am at a total loss. I do not even know how to pray about this situation. If anyone has anything to say about this, please do. I have several prayer chains praying about the situation, and I feel God is telling me to be patient, but God also knows how I am "hormonally" and this situation is really ramping up my anxiety. I can stay calm for a couple of days at a time, but then I just get mental about it.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask questions. I need any help or direction I can get. Its all well and good to say be patient, but I need words to focus on. A mantra. Anything. Please.

R2BS

Hi R2BS,

Have you heard from your guy yet? As I was reading your post and saw where you mentioned that his cell had a message saying it is no longer in service that maybe he is having some sort of financial stuff going on. Of course I don't know this is just a guess on my part...anyway, can't imagine how you must be feeling with the wondering what is going on and if he is ok...But, I do know that our God is in control and watching over him
and taking care of him. I came across this verse in the bible and wanted to share it with you my friend and sister in Jesus.

Philippians4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with
thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I know having someone tell you to be patient is something you don't want to hear right now and I can totally understand that, so i'm not gonna say that..what I am gonna say is this...keep on praying to God and know that He is in control and taking care of this man that you care very much for. Pray knowing that if this is God's will that you will talk to him again.

When your mind goes off in a million different directions and every scenerio possible is going through your mind reflect on these verses in the bible and let the peace of our Lord Jesus flow over and through you...our enemy satan can only do what we let him and
yep right now he wants you to worry, fret and stew he wants nothing more than to rob you of your joy...stand firm in Jesus my sister and through our Lord rebuke satan and the thoughts he may bring to your mind and by the power of our Jesus he and his lies must flee.

Philippians4:8 Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things.
Draw near to Jesus R2BS, continue to pray and seek Him in this situation. I will be praying for you myself too. If you need to talk feel free to pm anytime. God bless you and may His peace surround you and fill you now and always.

Last edited:
Hello R2BS,

My heart breaks to hear your story. I have been through a similar situation. Hopefully I can offer a little bit of insight that might help.

I won't go into too much detail here about my story, but basically I had a similar situation with a wonderful Christian woman. It was absolutely incredible talking to her. It was more amazing than I ever thought possible. She ended up disappearing and I could not find her anywhere. The hurt of her going away was horrible and never went away. I eventually got tired of hurting and so I gave up on ever seeing her again and I married someone else.

As it turns out, I found out later that she had been dealing with some spiritual attacks, but she was hoping that I would end up marrying her. If I had waited a couple of months longer then it could have been me and her.

The point that I am trying to make here is that like was mentioned in Philippians 4, take your requests to God. Let Him guide you. If you are waiting and hurting then take your requests to God. Let Him be the One to take the hurt away and let Him be the One to tell you when it is time to move on if that is the plan. Let Him be your comfort if it is time to keep waiting.

I hope that makes sense and helps you at least a little bit.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. But I also may have a little bit of help. I've only met two guys who have had a strong foundation in Christ that I was inclined to be involved with, and I have only dated one. The one I never dated was the one I missed out on.

I was the one that disappeared on HIM though. We used to go to church together, but my faith started to suffer, and I began to have doubts in my faith. I though I was messing up in other areas of my life, and didn't want to face God, especially at church where I felt God could look me right in the eye.

So I disappeared.

I stopped talking to him and I avoided seeing this Guy because I felt like I was a bad Christian. Maybe this Guy fell off, and has messed up.

In any case, I would forget about him. Sounds harsh, but God not only sends our soulmate to us--he sends us people to teach us things. If he has disappeared he is not worth your time. He clearly needs God to help him through some things. If it is a financial issue, or sickness or his family, he would still have found some way to get in contact with you.

Think about it--only a severe car accident that left him paralyzed could keep him from a computer with internet. California has lots of public libraries. Had he told friends about you? Honestly, from woman to woman, he's not the amazing man God has for you. Listen to the small voice that was God telling you to wait and get to know more about him. This is what you had to learn.

God takes things out of our hands to make room for His greater blessings. It's tough, but let God take it from your hands. His daughter, a princess, royalty, deserves more.

Stay strong Sister! The world is full of dishonest people. You've got to be prayerful and careful, especially since you can't see the other person on the other end of the line. Don't take it out on yourself, it's not your fault. He decieved you, so it's obvious he's either astray in his walk or was not a Believer to begin with. Just be careful and try not to move too far too fast. Anyhow, take care & God bless.

Hello Repent2BSaved.

You are in a most unpleasant circumstance.

The not knowing is probably the most difficult
aspect of this failed fledgling relationship.

You have received some worthy posts in reply
to your thread.

Obviously Jesus and your immortality with Him
take priority over all other matters.

On a lesser note perspective is everything,
there are tens of thousands of guys that you
could fall deeply in love with.

In fact your relationship only functioned at the
level of conversation. If more time had passed
you may have found that he was not the one
for you.

Who knows by next month you may be enthralled