• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Watch, and Pray

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Watch, and Pray

Luke 21:36 WATCH YE THEREFORE, AND PRAY always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. (KJV)

Jesus referenced “WATCHING”, and “PRAYING” to the coming of the Son of Man, or typically known as the “RAPTURE” of his Church. It is interesting that the word, “WATCH” has to do with staying awake, and not sleeping. When you are awake you see things that you would not see while sleeping. To watch is “TO OBSERVE OVER A PERIOD OF TIME

Prayer, and watching go hand in hand. Praying is watching, and watching is praying. You can not do one without the other. If we are not watching then we are not praying!! If we are not praying, then we are not watching!! It is interesting that when Jesus prayed he “LIFTED” eyes to “HEAVEN” Not that he did not see the sky above the earth with his physical eyes, but his eyes were lifted up to Heaven itself to where his Father was. This is watching, and praying.

Usually we bow our heads, and close our eyes when we pray, which is OK, but I think we miss a lot of things when we do this. Can we “watch” with our eyes closed? Even though the spirit of man is clothed with his physical body as a garment, and our spiritual eyes of the heart, I believe to be in the same physical location as our physical eyes even though they are not the same.

Jesus's return for his Church will come as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD SO COMETH AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 BUT YE, BRETHREN, ARE NOT IN DARKNESS, THAT THAT DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF.
1Th 5:5 YE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF LIGHT, AND THE CHILDREN OF THE DAY: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore LET US NOT SLEEP, AS DO OTHERS; BUT LET US WATCH and be sober.

The day of the Lord will only come as a thief in the night to those who are not going!!!
The day of the Lord will NOT come as a thief in the “NIGHT” for the Church, because we are not the children of DARKNESS, but the children of the “LIGHT”!!!!

Surprises only come to those who are in darkness. When you are of the light, and walk in the light you see everything that is going on!!! This is “watching”, while praying!!! We should be able to “observe” what's happening in the Kingdom of God, because that is where we live!!!

How about lifting our eyes to Heaven when we pray so we can “WATCH” what is going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Mark 13:32-37)

Staff Member
@Curtis

I've found that how I pray is normally reflected in the way/why I'm praying. In forgiveness, in shame, head bowed.....In supplication, in joy, head raised.....inside my eyes closed.......outside my eyes opened....prostate upon the floor.....both.

I've prayed driving....so of cause my head is straight ahead with eyes opened...most of the time :)

In all seriousness brother. Your words bring scriptures truth for a needed read over and over again. A needed reminded to all, both believer & unbeliever that the days grow short and be focused.

I used to feel/sense time move...quickly...slowly...pause...as world events raced to keep up with prophecy or slow down for the appointed time......but never in my life as in these recent months, weeks, days....as if the Earth has entered a period before which all other things have paled in comparison....trepidation with joyful anticipation battle its way in me...not only for me, but for all mankind......there is no going back only forward to a final chapter and a joyful new beginning for those who believe in the Christ...Jesus.

Thanks brother for this. Continuing to watch & pray.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
@Curtis

I've found that how I pray is normally reflected in the way/why I'm praying. In forgiveness, in shame, head bowed.....In supplication, in joy, head raised.....inside my eyes closed.......outside my eyes opened....prostate upon the floor.....both.

I've prayed driving....so of cause my head is straight ahead with eyes opened...most of the time :)

In all seriousness brother. Your words bring scriptures truth for a needed read over and over again. A needed reminded to all, both believer & unbeliever that the days grow short and be focused.

I used to feel/sense time move...quickly...slowly...pause...as world events raced to keep up with prophecy or slow down for the appointed time......but never in my life as in these recent months, weeks, days....as if the Earth has entered a period before which all other things have paled in comparison....trepidation with joyful anticipation battle its way in me...not only for me, but for all mankind......there is no going back only forward to a final chapter and a joyful new beginning for those who believe in the Christ...Jesus.

Thanks brother for this. Continuing to watch & pray.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
I also see that the eminent return of Jesus is upon us for sure. God does have his appointed time for his purposes to be fulfilled, and man has a part to play as we look forward to his coming and speed his coming.(2 Peter 3:10-12) I guess this also would be called watching, and praying. It's time for the Church to rise up, and do what we knew we were destined for by walking in faith, guided by the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
@Curtis

I agreed with much of your OP I do wonder here if you are not still a little too closely connected to the physical location of the things of man in your attempt to clarify or explain what it means to "see" the things of God. Do the words "up" and "heaven" used to describe the natural blue sky and direction in which it appears to lie accurately express spiritual things? For example, our hearts at times are "uplifted" spiritually, but that doesn't really necessarily mean "up" toward the natural sky that is usually blue during the day time, does it?

Is not the Kingdom of God within us [Luke 17:21]? Is the Kingdom of Heaven different and located in a different physical place?

People speak of going "up" to heaven and "down" to hell, but considering man's usual understand of the globe we call Earth today and its relationship to other "heavenly" bodies which may be "up" in the opposite direction for those residing on the far side of the globe, which one way is "up" when it comes to spiritual things?

Do you see where there might be confusion in the understanding of your words?

Loyal
@Curtis

I agreed with much of your OP I do wonder here if you are not still a little too closely connected to the physical location of the things of man in your attempt to clarify or explain what it means to "see" the things of God. Do the words "up" and "heaven" used to describe the natural blue sky and direction in which it appears to lie accurately express spiritual things? For example, our hearts at times are "uplifted" spiritually, but that doesn't really necessarily mean "up" toward the natural sky that is usually blue during the day time, does it?

Is not the Kingdom of God within us [Luke 17:21]? Is the Kingdom of Heaven different and located in a different physical place?

People speak of going "up" to heaven and "down" to hell, but considering man's usual understand of the globe we call Earth today and its relationship to other "heavenly" bodies which may be "up" in the opposite direction for those residing on the far side of the globe, which one way is "up" when it comes to spiritual things?

Do you see where there might be confusion in the understanding of your words?
The only "confusion" that might be misunderstood is if we do not understand how God the Father was not only on his throne in Heaven while Jesus was on earth doing the will of his Fathers', but God the Father "also" at the same time was dwelling inside his Son reconciling the world unto himself. It was not just Jesus alone working to bring about man's redemption, it was the God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working together to accomplish this task!! Not only does God dwell inside every believer here on earth, we also are dwelling inside him in Heaven all at the same time!!! This is beyond the human mind or thinking because it does not make any logical sense, and It is not suppose to, as it is spiritual understanding of the heart, not logical thinking in our head.

The Church lives in two different worlds all at the same time, the physical, and the spiritual. We are fully aware, and conscience of our physical surroundings, because that is what we know the best. What we are not aware of is our spiritual surroundings while living in Christ on the right hand of God. No man can experience the Kingdom in which he has been translated into until he first finds out through the Word of God of where, and when God raised him up with Christ, and believes it by faith!!! We are told to seek, and we shall find, knock and it shall be opened for us. The Kingdom of God is a Kingdom of discovery that we are to seek once we learn from scriptures of who, and where we are.

Loyal
The only "confusion" that might be misunderstood is if we do not understand how God the Father was not only on his throne in Heaven while Jesus was on earth doing the will of his Fathers', but God the Father "also" at the same time was dwelling inside his Son reconciling the world unto himself. It was not just Jesus alone working to bring about man's redemption, it was the God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working together to accomplish this task!! Not only does God dwell inside every believer here on earth, we also are dwelling inside him in Heaven all at the same time!!! This is beyond the human mind or thinking because it does not make any logical sense, and It is not suppose to, as it is spiritual understanding of the heart, not logical thinking in our head.

The Church lives in two different worlds all at the same time, the physical, and the spiritual. We are fully aware, and conscience of our physical surroundings, because that is what we know the best. What we are not aware of is our spiritual surroundings while living in Christ on the right hand of God. No man can experience the Kingdom in which he has been translated into until he first finds out through the Word of God of where, and when God raised him up with Christ, and believes it by faith!!! We are told to seek, and we shall find, knock and it shall be opened for us. The Kingdom of God is a Kingdom of discovery that we are to seek once we learn from scriptures of who, and where we are.
I cannot agree with all your words, friend, but there is too much depth and detail and since at least part of my response would offend unnecessarily the powers that be I will for now leave it alone. In good time it will all be done according to God.

Loyal
I cannot agree with all your words, friend, but there is too much depth and detail and since at least part of my response would offend unnecessarily the powers that be I will for now leave it alone. In good time it will all be done according to God.
Brother, I have had the Lord tell me some thing before that I did not believe to be true, because my physical mind totally disagreed with them. I too put them on the back burner until the Lord showed me more proof that what he said to me was true. I only did that once, as I learned my lesson that he does not speak untruth. Every man must make his own choice to either believe or not when the Lord speaks. I know what I have said is not your basic elementary teachings that you would find in most Church's today. If no one ever mentions what they believe to be true, then no one would even consider them, and then we stay stuck where we are, and never grow spiritually.

Loyal
Brother, I have had the Lord tell me some thing before that I did not believe to be true, because my physical mind totally disagreed with them. I too put them on the back burner until the Lord showed me more proof that what he said to me was true. I only did that once, as I learned my lesson that he does not speak untruth. Every man must make his own choice to either believe or not when the Lord speaks. I know what I have said is not your basic elementary teachings that you would find in most Church's today. If no one ever mentions what they believe to be true, then no one would even consider them, and then we stay stuck where we are, and never grow spiritually.
I have put more than one thing on back burner until God decided it was time to speak to me on it. There a many of my beliefs that would not be allowed openly in many of the traditional organized churches of today. Some of them I have shared in part on this forum, but I only share as God gives me both the go ahead to do so and the words. The plan is His; not mine. Sometimes when it is not appropriate on the open forum, it will work elsewhere. God always knows and He does speak to me. That is why I continuously strive to give Him the glory!