• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Wantonness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Is it right to want my kids to be saved and follow/serve God? My daughter, aged 11, was baptized and received the Holy Spirit. I mean time will tell, right? So, just this Sunday, she for the first time, went to ask for prayer at our church, under her own volition, well you know what I mean: God was leading her. (((At the end of Sunday church, the Pastor asks if any one wants prayer, and she stood up and went to one of the elders and had it done.))) This pleased and comforted me, and gave me the thought "maybe this is a testament of God's work in me as her dad" . Was this ok? Is it ok to want this? I mean, COULD it be seen as selfishness? Should I have a different attitude, of like, if it's God's will, it will be so, and back off? And just hope and trust? Or do all of that together?

Can you show me some scripture that will help me to understand this? And to maybe help me understand Psalms 23:1? Is this "want" that I should not seek or focus on? Should I trust in the Lord that his work through me can show them an example? Am I on the right track?

Thank you and Praise the Lord, Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Is it right to want my kids to be saved and follow/serve God?
Of course!!

Training your child up in the Lord is good parenting. Something you will be held to account on. You must 'want' to see them saved and serving God!

Prov 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
2 Tim 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Deut 6:6-7 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.