• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Walking in the Light (Part Seven of seven)

Loyal
Walking in the Light (Part Seven)

1Jn 1:7 But IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT, AS HE IS IN THE LIGHT, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP ONE WITH ANOTHER, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The whole purpose for walking in the light is for “fellowship”. Our fellowship is with “ONE ANOTHER” and God himself. (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have FELLOWSHIP WITH US: and truly OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER, AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

If you are a born again Christian then you are already in the light, but, it is one thing to be in the light, and it's another to actually experience walking in the light. The Lord has “ENABLED” all of his children to be able to have “ACCESS” to our inheritance of the Saints in light.

Col 1:12 always thanking the Father. HE HAS ENABLED YOU TO SHARE IN THE INHERITANCE THAT BELONGS TO HIS PEOPLE, WHO LIVE IN THE LIGHT. (NLT)

Being able to have fellowship with one another in the Kingdom of light is part of our inheritance. We can easily have fellowship with one another when we gather together in one place physically, but when we are separated by a distance that fellowship is still possible in the Spirit!

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Col 2:5 For THOUGH I BE ABSENT IN THE FLESH, YET AM I WITH YOU IN THE SPIRIT, joying and beholding your order, and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

The Apostle Paul also said.....

Php 1:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I HAVE YOU IN MY HEART; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. (KJV)

The Amplified Bible says it like this...

Php 1:7 It is right and appropriate for me to have this confidence and feel this way about you all, because YOU HAVE ME IN YOUR HEART AND I HOLD YOU IN MY HEART AS PARTAKERS AND SHARERS, ONE AND ALL WITH ME, of grace (God's unmerited favor and spiritual blessing). [This is true] both when I am shut up in prison and when I am out in the defense and confirmation of the good news (the Gospel). (AMP)

It's one thing to have a person on your mind (physical mind) when thinking of them, but it is not the same thing as having someone in your heart (your spirit)!

This is only possible because Jesus gave us his Glory so that we could be “one” even as God is “one.”

John 17:21 THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And THE GLORY WHICH THOU GAVEST ME I HAVE GIVEN THEM; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE:
John 17:23 I IN THEM, AND THOU IN ME, THAT THEY MAY BE MADE PERFECT IN ONE; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

The Glory of God is Jesus Christ who is “light”, and we are “complete” in him who is the head of all principalities and powers!!

Col 2:9 For IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.
Col 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:

Those who walk in the light are those who actually “believe” they have been raised from the dead with Jesus at his resurrection. Knowing what scripture says is not enough, we have to “believe” in what it says! We can NOT believe in what scripture says with out confessing it out of our mouths, because faith (believe) does not come by knowing scripture, it comes by hearing it by confessing it.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Christianity to me is so simple to understand, that it just boggles the human mind because it seems impossible to believe! Thank God it is not our faith that we have to conjure up to believe. It is Jesus's faith that he gives us that comes by his Word. Everything we believe is Jesus's own faith that has already been tested by fire, and has already overcome this world.!!

These next few scriptures is the greatest thing that I have ever been shown by God. Everything I know up to now in my life I learned after understanding this.

Col 3:1 IF YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST, SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE, WHERE CHRIST SITTETH ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.

(If you do not believe you have been raised with Jesus in his resurrection then you might as well forget about walking in the light!. If you believe you have been raised with Jesus, then seek those things where you have been raised to)

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

(Your “affections” has to do with your mind and your heart where the will is located. Remember those who walk in the Spirit have their mind set on the things of the Spirit (Romans 8:5))

Col 3:3 FOR YE ARE DEAD, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

( you must believe you died on the cross with Jesus. (Gal2:20))

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

(This is what happens if you believe, and do these things Paul speaks of. When Christ appears then you to will appear with him in Glory (light) This is walking in the light, not in the flesh. If Jesus Christ is in you then your body is dead because of sin, but you are alive because of God's Spirit that lives in us!!! (Romans 8:10)
You are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives inside us!!

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But YE ARE NOT IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.